• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo EU offer: FREE retail game if you register your 3DS XL by Jan 15th

Dingotech

No Australia!! Fuuuuuuuuuuu!

We get lumped in for game releases and region locks but none of the good things that EU gets.... get flapped!

Amazing, just followed the instructions to claim 3D Land (second time I've bought it)... I would have picked Layton, but I've seen it cheap in ASDA, so I'm going to buy that there now.

I already have New Art Academy and its a REALLY nice title if you have any interest in learning to draw / learning about paint methods etc. You can export your work to SD or share via swapnote, and the lessons are cool. Highly recommended if you have the other titles on offer or if you don't know what to pick!

Larsen B

A white XL with Mario Kart AND 3D Land available all the time is an amazing proposition.

Somehow I've ended up buying 3 consoles this Christmas. Great timing, games industry!

Ragus

Banned
Aaaaaa, where the fuck did I put this fucking code ;_;? I guess, that for the next few hours, I'll be searching in the whole house.

Firemind

A white XL with Mario Kart AND 3D Land available all the time is an amazing proposition.

Somehow I've ended up buying 3 consoles this Christmas. Great timing, games industry!

Wait.

Wait, wait, waaaaaaait.

I can get the Mario Kart bundle AND get 3D Land.

Brilliant.

Phazon

Wait.

Wait, wait, waaaaaaait.

I can get the Mario Kart bundle AND get 3D Land.

Brilliant.

White 3DS XL
+
Mario Kart 7 digital
and
Mario 3D Land digital

Directly to you!

Shibata out

Satoru-Shibata.jpg

Katzii

With much heartbreak, I decided to go for SM3DL, even though Layton called out to me.

...I already have Layton on cartridge, and sold my SM3DL, so I guess the justification is there but I love me some Layton!

RPGCrazied

Of course its just EU, NoA doesn't do stuff like this. Shame cause I just registered my red xl about a month or so ago.

I kind of know what you mean, which is why I opted for Art Academy over Layton. It's more of an "app" than a game which seems like a more appropriate addition to my homescreen.

This was my exact thinking funnily enough.
I never intended to get any DD software, but now that I'll have Art Academy I'll be tempted to get Brain Training via DD when it releases to accompany it.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
Yay, I took Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask! Anxiously waiting for the download code... but it can only redeemed in January 2013 anyway, right? Oh well. :p

wrowa

Already applies to those who have a registered XL. Wow, NoE really is so much better than they used to be.

I remember their offer for the Zelda Collectors Disc on the GCN that required you have bought a certain game. One game was Eternal Darkness so I scrummaged for the old receipt and sent it to them only to get a letter back in the post telling me I bought it too early. Penalised for supporting them. Nice.

You are from the UK? Color me surprised. At least in Germany Nintendo introduced the VIP 24:7 program with the release of the GameCube (and I was always under the impression that this is true for all NoE countries...), so it was impossible to buy a game "too early", since there never have been any prints without point cards.

You are sure that you didn't just lose it?

NoA on some bullshit. "Toy" colors for our XL, we don't get the contest for those Nintendo themed 3DS's, our rewards selection is paltry, and now this?

Who the fuck needs to be fired?

tsab

Are they going to pricedrop the 3dsxl on February and they Ambassador us again?
Cool, I have 3D land and Layton will probably get New Art Academy

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You are from the UK? Color me surprised. At least in Germany Nintendo introduced the VIP 24:7 program with the release of the GameCube (and I was always under the impression that this is true for all NoE countries...), so it was impossible to buy a game "too early", since there never have been any prints without point cards.

You are sure that you didn't just lose it?

This had nothing to do with the VIP 24:7 programme and it's crazy Window desktop themes. They had a timed promotion where you had to prove purchase of one game from a list of games that were clearly underselling and they'd give you the Collector's Disc. I already had Eternal Darkness so I thought I'd send my receipt but they said it was not valid because I bought it before the promotion started.

Tu101uk

Oh, really?

I've got a 3DS XL Pikachu version on preorder for next week's release, wasn't intending on getting any games until after the New Year (Christmas presents notwithstanding), but now I'll probably have SM3DL to play too!

Cheers, Ninty!

Jackano

Free Nintendo game out of nowhere, retroactive on 3DSXL "old" owners? That's pretty awesome. I guess Iwata isn't happy with the actual 3DS western sales compared to Japan.

So it seems I will get SM3DL again, after having sold my retail version earlier this year as well as NSMB2 I'm kinda happy to have a Mario game again on 3DS. Lame thing is to wait january to download.

Im happy with the promotion and I have already claimed for Layton but I would rather Nintendo to have competitive eshop prices
having to pay >25% than retail is plain stupid.

tsab

Still, if you change the region before redeeming the code, maybe it will work.

I redeemed last year's free 3D classic Kid Icarus code from UK Club Nintendo on my GR eshop account with no region change necessary.

A note:
Changing eshop region is like a different eshop account. Your game will be bind in that account. If you need to redownload a game you must change region again, download it and change to your default region again. Also your wallet is different in every region

Just figured i never even had a Club Nintendo account :(

Does it matter what country you register in? Are there different benefits? (only talking about the different EU countries here obviously) and is it even allowed to register for a different country than the one you live in or bought it in?

tsab

Just figured i never even had a Club Nintendo account :(

Does it matter what country you register in? Are there different benefits? (only talking about the different EU countries here obviously) and is it even allowed to register for a different country than the one you live in or bought it in?

Yes
I live in Greece we have no Club Nintendo, I registered as UK. I can redeem points only for digital stuff. They won't send material things outside UK though (example exclusive cases)

Top Bottom