• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo EU offer: FREE retail game if you register your 3DS XL by Jan 15th

art academy or style savvy folks?

I've posted about New Art Academy here and here... I understand that Style Savvy is supposedly surprisingly fun, but for me there'd only be one pick out of the two: Art Academy.

I struggle to find time to get through the lessons, but when I do, I love them. Here's where I'm at so far...

QEIY6.jpg
U3UlR.jpg

juTV6.jpg
4kPRm.jpg

wK4Jh.jpg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I've posted about New Art Academy here and here... I understand that Style Savvy is supposedly surprisingly fun, but for me there'd only be one pick out of the two: Art Academy.

I struggle to find time to get through the lessons, but when I do, I love them. Here's where I'm at so far...

bloody good work there mate! I love drawing too...okay, Art Academy GET

Yes
I live in Greece we have no Club Nintendo, I registered as UK. I can redeem points only for digital stuff. They won't send material things outside UK though (example exclusive cases)

Ugh, alright now what happens if i register with the UK Club Nintendo and i already bought stuff from another country's eshop. Are they linked? Does this affect it in anyway ?

tsab

Ugh, alright now what happens if i register with the UK Club Nintendo and i already bought stuff from another country's eshop. Are they linked? Does this affect it in anyway ?

See my previous post

I redeemed last year's free 3D classic Kid Icarus code from UK Club Nintendo on my GR eshop account with no region change necessary.

A note:
Changing eshop region is like a different eshop account. Your game will be bind in that account. If you need to redownload a game you must change region again, download it and change to your default region again. Also your wallet is different in every region

For clarity:
I have a 3DS with region set to Greece
A Club Nintendo account UK (cannot be linked with my GR eshop account, no option for GREECE)

hope that helps

tsab

Man... don't suppose there's any word of this coming to the States? Between this and PS+, Europe is killing it!

Well, if you want to compare prices,
XL with MK7 preinstalled in Europe 250ε , 199.99$ in USA. Not even a 1:1 ratio

inb4 taxes

See my previous post

For clarity:
I have a 3DS with region set to Greece
A Club Nintendo account UK (cannot be linked with my GR eshop account, no option for GREECE)

hope that helps

yeah thanks... I actually decided to register for the same account i have my Eshop in now anyways but it says on the Club Nintendo site that their Star catalogue is "moving" and that we should check back in a couple weeks or something so i assume it's better to NOT redeem the rest of my points right now?

Tizoc

OK how do I get the code to redeem the game I want? Do I do that by connecting to the eShop via the 3DS?

jozero

Neo Member
What is the price in Euro on the XL? I wonder if NoE is offsetting the expected price drop in NA with a free game. Just a guess. Right now in Canada from several retailers you can get an XL for $180, and you also get a $30 gift card (right now until the 29th most games are selling at $10 off so $30). Basically you get a free game.

I chose Layton but as I have registered two 3dsxl's on my account I am hoping to get a digital copy of Mario 3d land also (although I already own a boxed version,)

Perhaps I am being greedy but It states at the website 1 free game per 3DS XL registered.

Problem is they do not give an option to choose another game once you have chosen your 1st,
I have emailed Nintendo for help.

Ok, I'm in...don't know what to take. I've only beaten one Layton game before, but I've played Mario Land already.

Hmmm.

edit: Went with Layton :)

Eric C

NoA never does any of these cool promotions.

I bought an XL, I want a free DD game too :(

NoA on some bullshit. "Toy" colors for our XL, we don't get the contest for those Nintendo themed 3DS's, our rewards selection is paltry, and now this?

Who the fuck needs to be fired?

Reggie

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well if the Euro/Yen is 1 to 100 and the USD/Yen is 1 to 80 and if the 3DS retails for 199 euros, I guess that explains how they can afford this.

No clue whether or not consoles are actually sold at MSRP in the EU!

thanks for posting this. I just chose super mario land 3d. now to play the waiting game for the code, does anyone how long it will take?

NeoRausch

has anybody any idea if we are able to redeem the code on a diffrent system?

edit:

registered for Art Academy. i need to improve my skliiz and i have the rest of the bunch...beside style savvy....

tsab

has anybody any idea if we are able to redeem the code on a diffrent system?

edit:

registered for Art Academy. i need to improve my skliiz and i have the rest of the bunch...beside style savvy....

yes you can. it must be PAL though

also

Banned
Is the promotion still not up on Nintendo of Italy's site or is it just me? I keep checking the news section and there's no sign of the promotion. I don't want to register my XL and then be left empty handed.

Famassu

Can I take advantage of this from Finland? If yes, Nintendo of Europe is, indeed, the shit. If not, then Nintendo of Europe is SHIT, craphouse of a regional unit who can't do what are even the basics that are required from a big global company (they offer all this cool shit for people in the UK while the rest of Europe gets absolutely nothing).

Jamie OD

Very nice. Dusted off the account for Super Mario 3D Land. Surprised to see I still have 1700 stars from years ago. I wonder if I have any unregistered games and if there is enough for me to get a Mario Kart trophy from the stars catalogue.

Edit: Nope. After keying in my unregistered games I am 1500 stars short. Drat.

FatCat

Was seriously considering downloading Layton for the past two weeks, glad I held back.

Signed up for that game, anyone know when we get the codes?

I chose Layton but as I have registered two 3dsxl's on my account I am hoping to get a digital copy of Mario 3d land also (although I already own a boxed version,)

Perhaps I am being greedy but It states at the website 1 free game per 3DS XL registered.

Problem is they do not give an option to choose another game once you have chosen your 1st,
I have emailed Nintendo for help.

I'd say this is the reason

BriBri

Amazing offer. I can't load up the banner (yes, I've clicked the arrow, logged in etc) on my MacBook in Safari or Firefox. No worries, I'll use my mums PC/IE over Yule.

iphys

C'monnnnnnn NoA.

my friend bought an XL and gave me the code!

You mean you'd take advantage of the situation and wouldn't let your friend have the game they deserved for their XL even though they were nice enough to give you the CN coins?

meppi

I'm wondering if these games will work for getting that complete version of NES Donkey Kong. Would be brilliant if it did, but I'm not expecting it to.

MNC

I'm gonna wait until I am absolutely sure I can get an English UK Layton. Will try switching my region during January; that's when they send codes, right?

Monkeythumbz

Communications Manager, nDreams
It wasn't there 10 mins ago, but is now. It worked for me (fellow Belgian).

Edit: go to Club Nintendo, then My account and then you have to click on the grey arrow to the right of the banner to "switch banners": the second one is about the offer.

lPo3t.jpg

Okay, I've registered, logged in and clicked the 'CLAIM YOUR FREE GAME' button, but doing so just takes me to the Terms and Conditions page. How do you actually make the selection to pick which game you want to claim?

Top Bottom