• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghosts Xbox One offline (2 weeks before launch) not possible without Live?

That's a pretty shitty workaround.

So if you're console is banned and you have wifi, you need to disconnect all internet access for your house so your Xbox One can play offline games?

Unacceptable, won't believe that's the workaround.

You could change your WiFI password. Still a shitty situation...

6MZeGTP.jpg

Have at it guys.

This is so funny.....
And so sad at the same time.

Not sure if people are still serious in this thread or joking about wifi?

MMaRsu

Banned
I understand what you're asking of me... and I've explained it to you 3 times already. A broken OS can render a console useless. You can push firmware to break an OS through an update.

Theres nothing to show? It was possible last gen and its possible now. Its possible on PCs, and on pretty much any other platform that can download updates.

Lol did you even read his post holy shit.

Pug

Another Xbox one thread that should die a death, full of embarrassing halfcocked drama queen posts, then again these posts are always worth a few cheap laughs.

Every device so far that i used has the option to forget a wifi connection.
Or go into router/modem setting and block your X1 mac address and be done with it.
t

That's not what I'm saying, the guy tweeted that to get his game working single player you go to the Xbox menu and click disconnect Internet

onanie

I'm wondering the same. I believed him, but it seems that may have been misplaced.

If he didn't know, probably should have just stayed quiet until Nelson was able to respond and sort it out. Penello is coming across as someone who doesn't know very much about the technical side of the console and yet continues to try and address any and all technical issues/arguments.

Penello, I say this as much respect as possible, it's time to stop posting when it comes to technical issues. Just don't do it...

What is more disturbing is that a person that others appealed to as an authority would knowingly give a false impression of knowledge (when he recklessly affirmed Rhindle's speculations).

What kind of discussion can you have when the other person simply argues "he said essentially that"? Only this time, he was caught red handed, in the most unexpected way.

sol_bad

That's a pretty shitty workaround.

So if you're console is banned and you have wifi, you need to disconnect all internet access for your house so your Xbox One can play offline games?

Unacceptable, won't believe that's the workaround.

It's called problem solving. You shouldn't have to turn the wifi off but it's the fastest way to quickly work out whether the console was really bricked or not. Ensuring your console was 100% offline.

imt558

Banned
This is all FUD. Since June, it was confirmed that DRM wasn't on the system at all. The day 1 patch doesn't remove DRM, its just the OS.

By who? Penello? Give me a break. A week ago he said that DRM will never return, day after that he whining about : "We Never Got A Chance To Have A Rational Conversation About What We Were Trying To Do". I don't trust him at all. But Spencer said ( after Don Mattrick was fired ) a 3 months ago : Xbox One's Phil Spencer: 'we're committed to the original vision'. Well, i don't trust him as well.

Y
I'm pretty sure one of CBOAT's leaks talked about processor down clocks, which I think might be what DarkCloud was referencing. And not too long after that leak, MS announced up clocks on the GPU (and later CPU), which caused a lot of head scratching (at least for me).

CBOAT never said nothing about downclock. This is the trigger :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

MS mentioned XO bandwith ( before article ) is 204 GB/s. And suddenly is 192 GB/s. And math was - downclock.

Pug

By who? Penello? Give me a break. A week ago he said that DRM will never return, day after that he whining about : "We Never Got A Chance To Have A Rational Conversation About What We Were Trying To Do". I don't trust him at all. But Spencer said ( after Don Mattrick was fired ) a 3 months ago : Xbox One's Phil Spencer: 'we're committed to the original vision'. Well, i don't trust him as well.

CBOAT never said nothing about downclock. This is the trigger :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

MS mentioned XO bandwith ( before article ) is 204 GB/s. And suddenly is 192 GB/s. And math was - downclock.

The down clock rumour was started by Thuway on here, then backed by a few other posters, some of whom also stated Cboat backed them up privately.

It's called problem solving. You shouldn't have to turn the wifi off but it's the fastest way to quickly work out whether the console was really bricked or not. Ensuring your console was 100% offline.

I don't think it was truly bricked. I think he could still use the UI just not the settings or games. And I think it was said that he could have just gone to his profile and clicked go offline but just didn't look there

Top Bottom