• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol ESPN talking about OSU's one loss not being against an SEC team like USC or something.

But they give us no credit for our one loss being by 3 points against USC! Not that we should be in the top 10 or anything.

I think UCF should be somewhere at like 12-14.

So the only way Auburn gets in is if OSU loses.

Oh well... I don't think I will bother watching that NCG (especially considering the time difference with London, UK).

Gorillaz

So we did end up with the number 2 spot.The cynical side of me felt it wouldn't happen. Well...one more game and were there yall

One of the computers has Northern Illinois at No. 5! (and another one has them at No. 18, lol)

10 average in the computers!

Interesting if they win and MSU/ASU lose.... I wonder if that would be enough to get them to #12 and they just qualify automatically.

Colley Matrix is an SEC fanboy confirmed, look at Auburn at #1

edit: well at least the highest 2-loss team isn't also an SEC team.....yay Stanford?

MIMIC

Banned
Palmer's saying that if you beat No. 1, you deserve to play the championship game. So how many teams should have been in the championship game in 2007?

Palmer's saying that if you beat No. 1, you deserve to play the championship game. So how many teams should have been in the championship game in 2007?

Kentucky, Illinois, Arkansas, and Oklahoma all should've been in the title game somehow

(extend that to #2 for MAXIMUM CHAOS and you also get Missouri, Pitt, Arizona, Florida State, Rutgers, Stanford and Oregon State!)

Kentucky, Illinois, Arkansas, and Oklahoma all should've been in the title game somehow

(extend that to #2 for MAXIMUM CHAOS and you also get Missouri, Pitt, Arizona, Florida State, Rutgers, Stanford and Oregon State!)

man, 2007 was the craziest season
what if 2014 was like 2007

BCS Bowl projections from Brad Edwards

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...xt-teams-line-every-bcs-game-college-football

MNC: Florida State vs. Ohio State

Unless Jameis Winston is charged this week and suspended, causing some completely unexpected voter reaction, it's hard to see a scenario in which Florida State could win the ACC title and not be in the BCS national championship game. I'm giving Ohio State the edge over Auburn for the other spot, simply because the Buckeyes are a bigger favorite this week and, presumably, more likely to survive one more game without a loss.

If OSU and Auburn both win, the Tigers seem to be in good position to keep us all on the edges of our seats until the final BCS rankings are revealed next Sunday. Auburn figures to have an edge in the computers, so we'll have to wait to see whether there's enough voter support for a one-loss SEC champion to finish ahead of the Buckeyes. And if Missouri wins the SEC title, would Mizzou assume Auburn's spot as a challenger to OSU? My guess is no, because Missouri doesn't have a win over Alabama, but Mizzou could be sitting pretty with a win and an Ohio State loss.

The only way a team other than these four could reach the national title game would seem to be for Florida State and Ohio State to both lose their respective conference championships. In that case, Oklahoma State and Alabama would be the leading candidates to face the SEC champ. Michigan State might have an outside shot in this scenario, but it's doubtful the Spartans could climb high enough in the computer rankings to have a realistic chance.

Orange: Clemson vs. Alabama
Sugar: Auburn vs. UCF
Fiesta: Oklahoma State vs. Northern Illinois
Rose: Michigan State vs. Arizona State

Can you luck into the complete collapse of a 3-score lead over UGA? Just wondering.

That win was absolutely luck. The game was lost, and Auburn lucked into a win.

I'll grant you Bama could've gone either way.

I think people misusing the word "luck." Auburn out themselves in a position to win (aka made their own luck) and had one bounce of their way after so many didn't. I could just as easily say that Georgia was lucky that there was no reverse goalline camera if you want to make this an argument about luck.

To say the win is luck devalues the previous 59 minutes of the game and the fact that Auburn put themselves into a position to win, as improbable as that completion was.

Is your argument that Auburn blew a three-score lead, therefore they are really good? Because that's what it sounds like.

See above. They were good enough to win. That's purely what I'm saying. To say they were lucky implies that they weren't good enough to win.

Kacar

Pollack says a win over an "unproven" #10 MSU team who lost to a 4 loss ND team doesn't prove anything to him.

He then goes on about how FSU beating a still "ranked" Duke team helps build their resume....

I stopped watching the BCS show after the first few minutes, but it seemed they were rather candid about FSU and Ohio State's SOS being a bit of a wash (even called FSU's SOS the weakest of any #1 team in years), but it's the way FSU has gone out and dominated in all phases that "passes the eye test" and gets them the benefit of the doubt. Ohio State hasn't quite passed that same test, for various reasons. Having not watched any Buckeye football this year, I'll refrain from offering any opinion on that.

I'm not surprised one bit based on his history that Urban isn't suspending anyone for the game. The behavior by that lineman was pretty deplorable and he definitely deserves to sit. I don't mind the other guy playing as much.

There's no way that the conference will overrule him, either.

MIMIC

Banned
Pollack says a win over an "unproven" #10 MSU team who lost to a 4 loss ND team doesn't prove anything to him.

He then goes on about how FSU beating a still "ranked" Duke team helps build their resume....

Palmer let him borrow his hair gel. Its effects are already showing.

It's probably finals week, so that number will probably be a little bit lower. Do rice students go to games?

I dunno. Marshall is about 25 spots higher in the BCS rankings... this is just shocking.

Here is a picture of the CUSA president:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7pwdKWm7xHQ/UX1WERYbT4I/AAAAAAAALew/fZPWI_m6Hb4/s1600/vince-mcmahon-walk.gif[/IMG

Fuck this. Let's go back to the MAC.

I'm not surprised one bit based on his history that Urban isn't suspending anyone for the game. The behavior by that lineman was pretty deplorable and he definitely deserves to sit. I don't mind the other guy playing as much.

There's no way that the conference will overrule him, either.

I don't give a shit.

Dontre Wilson got ganged up on by no less than six Wolverines when he was trying to get up after the return. It was dumb for Hall to get involved, I agree, but I can at least understand why he did it.

You want bullshit? Michigan only got one player tossed and we got two. That's bullshit.

pxleyes

Banned
I don't give a shit.

Dontre Wilson got ganged up on by no less than six Wolverines when he was trying to get up after the return. It was dumb for Hall to get involved, I agree, but I can at least understand why he did it.

You want bullshit? Michigan only got one player tossed and we got two. That's bullshit.
None of what you just said excuses the kid not getting suspended.

ryan-ts

I don't give a shit.

Braxton Miller threw a punch. Just be glad he wasn't kicked out of the game like he should have been.

Enfinit

GIMME DAT NOLE SALTINESS

WE GOING TO PASADENA SUCKA

WE COMIN

GA GNALES

And for the record, I don't recall Pollack saying any of that. Can you point out where your quotes are coming from?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/coll...tes-james-franklin-chris-petersen-sources-say

USC's top two targets are apparently Franklin and Petersen.

So a guy with a rape scandal on his resume and a dude who is losing his luster now that his team has to face actual competition more than once a season. Sure sounds like what the Trogans need!

This does make me wonder, is the NIU coach too old for anyone to be considering him? Or do people chock their success up to Jordan Lynch?

I dunno. Marshall is about 25 spots higher in the BCS rankings... this is just shocking.

Here is a picture of the CUSA president:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7pwdKWm7xHQ/UX1WERYbT4I/AAAAAAAALew/fZPWI_m6Hb4/s1600/vince-mcmahon-walk.gif[/IMG

Fuck this. Let's go back to the MAC.[/QUOTE]
Whaaaa how did that happen given Marshall is higher in the BCS?

What is the CUSA justification?

Edit: Hearing that the CBS numbers weren't the actual rankings. But still Marshall is ahead in both Coaches and Harris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom