• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mizzou would jump ahead of you in all likelihood.

It'd potentially put Mizzou/Alabama as a title game.

It aiin't happening, but for the lols to be spread to everyone, why not.

Whatever gets Auburn to be on the outside again, I'm for. Who doesn't want another decade of "We wuz robbed in 2004"

andycapps

It'd potentially put Mizzou/Alabama as a title game.

It aiin't happening, but for the lols to be spread to everyone, why not.

Whatever gets Auburn to be on the outside again, I'm for. Who doesn't want another decade of "We wuz robbed in 2004"
I can hear the gripes from the Auburn family over being slighted again because everyone is out to get them. So this needs to happen.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
And fuck Auburn too. While I love the fact that they upset Bama (which made for some wonderfully entertaining and memorable television), they've won the last two games on pure fucking luck. Georgia had 'em beat, and I have a tendency to think Bama would've gone over Auburn if it went to OT.

Bama struggled to stop Auburn all day and the offense was sputtering aside from two big plays from the endzone. OT almost certainly would have been a win for Auburn, but it would have been a better choice than attempting a 57 yard field goal with a RS freshman (to be fair, it was a great kick considering the situation).

And I'm not sure what I'd rather see more, Auburn getting left out, or getting their asses handed to them on a silver platter.

Just look at that hardware

BabgjReIUAAHhpK.jpg:large

Which reminds me that actually Bama has a better argument for getting into the MNC than Auburn does.

Remember, when you have an equal number of losses, the important thing is the quality of those losses. Alabama lost to Auburn, and Auburn lost to LSU. I think it's pretty clear that Auburn is a better loss than LSU.

Bama to MNC confirmed.

Can't argue with that. Bama also lost on a fluke play at the end of regulation. Auburn lost by two full touchdowns. Clearly the advantage is to Alabama.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Which reminds me that actually Bama has a better argument for getting into the MNC than Auburn does.

Remember, when you have an equal number of losses, the important thing is the quality of those losses. Alabama lost to Auburn, and Auburn lost to LSU. I think it's pretty clear that Auburn is a better loss than LSU.

Bama to MNC confirmed.

God damned right. :p

desh

Eh, I'm not really that upset. Without losing to WVU we wouldn't have corrected many of the issues that plagued us early in the season.

Best-case scenario for us next weekend:

Beat OU
tOSU loses to MSU
Auburn loses to Mizzou
FSU loses to Duke (ok, that's not happening)

That would probably leave the polls at:

1. FSU
2. Mizzou
3. Bama
4. OSU

I'd like to think we'd jump Bama, but I'm realistic.
FSU would probably drop below you if they lose to Duke.

bachikarn

Definitely looks like Muschamp is making a philosophy change. All the OC names that are being floated around our up-tempo spread guys. Cool.

ascii42

Pff. Transitive property of football time via myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com

Florida beat Tennessee
Tennessee beat South Carolina
South Carolina beat Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt beat Georgia
Georgia beat LSU
LSU beat Auburn
Auburn beat Alabama

Therefore: Florida > Auburn and Florida > Alabama. Florida to the MNC.

Sure, you can flip it around, and it'd be a shorter path, but mathematically speaking, isn't a longer path better?

The big announcement with the BCS is coming out, and what everybody is wanting to know show soon be known...

Will Marshall host Rice in the CUSA championship game? The nation waits on pins and needles.

Florida beat Tennessee
Vanderbilt beat Georgia
Georgia beat LSU
LSU beat Auburn
Auburn beat Alabama

Sure, you can flip it around, and it'd be a shorter path, but mathematically speaking, isn't a longer path better?

You mean Georgia Southern to the MNC right

Balphon

Competing with an Auburn team with one more loss than the Buckeyes too...

Of course. I was just saying that OSU isn't looking to have a win over MSU increase their standing in the BCS in proportion to Auburn's. It won't, if they beat Mizzou. You just want to hope Auburn's standing doesn't increase enough to overtake you.

Of course. I was just saying that OSU isn't looking to have a win over MSU increase their standing in the BCS in proportion to Auburn's. It won't, if they beat Mizzou. You just want to hope Auburn's standing doesn't increase enough to overtake you.

actually, I bet the increase in SoS helps OSU more, because theirs is much worse to begin with compared to Auburn's (since I doubt it makes a difference outside of the computers, unless Auburn is on track to pass FSU in the comps too in which case lol)

USC fans, what do you think of your OC Clay Helton? Some rumors that we might be looking at him for our OC.

Well, he should've been calling running plays a lot more last game, that's for sure.

Also, didn't you guys just fire our old OL coach? Do you want to go back to the well so quickly? ;)

Balphon

actually, I bet the increase in SoS helps OSU more, because theirs is much worse to begin with compared to Auburn's (since I doubt it makes a difference outside of the computers, unless Auburn is on track to pass FSU in the comps too in which case lol)

Could be. But like you suggest, if Auburn's gonna close the gap it's more likely to be a result of the human voters, and fuck knows what influences their decisions.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Florida beat Tennessee
Vanderbilt beat Georgia
Georgia beat LSU
LSU beat Auburn
Auburn beat Alabama

This is dangerously close to the ACC circle of suck. Even Duke didn't overcome the circle of suck losing to Pitt 2 months ago.

cdyhybrid

Boy, it sure is nice not having to worry about my team jockeying for BCS positioning. Much more enjoyable just going to the Fight Hunger Bowl and not having to stress out!

cdyhybrid

Hell, it's even better not having to stress about a bowl game at all! Or recruiting!

I dunno, the Tyrone era stressed my liver pretty heavily :(

Also I think Kiffin wouldn't be a total trainwreck as long as you didn't let him call plays or make major decisions. He's a good recruiter.

Karakand

Boy, it sure is nice not having to worry about my team jockeying for BCS positioning. Much more enjoyable just going to the Fight Hunger Bowl and not having to stress out!

Once you taste that sweet Pac-879345892 division crown, it's tough to go back.

Not even putting up 5 touchdowns at the Mausoleum while laughing at Ogre On! could take the sting off of a threepeat South title
and getting stomped by whoever won the North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom