• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsick

None of which would have happened if he just kneeled like he should have

Doesn't matter, the refs spotted the ball indicating Wisconsin had possession, they then should have made the obvious delay of game call. They committed to one mistake but weren't willing to make the right call after they screwed up. It just looked amateurish at best. Apparently stopping the official from taking the ball is not grounds for a penalty in the PAC-12. Officials don't get the luxury of being excused from failures because a player did something odd.

Mindlog

Doesn't matter, the refs spotted the ball indicating Wisconsin had possession, they then should have made the obvious delay of game call. They committed to one mistake but weren't willing to make the right call after they screwed up. It just looked amateurish at best. Apparently stopping the official from taking the ball is not grounds for a penalty in the PAC-12. Officials don't get the luxury of being excused from failures because a player did something odd.
QB calls timeout with 15 seconds left. Ten second runoff and yardage. Start the clock at five and go. *nope
Why did the Wis QB not spike the ball?
They were trying to move the ball for the kicker. I'm drunk so probably missed read the Q.

That's a good follow-up question. Why did the Quarterback have so little urgency? He knew the clock was low. Yell and scream at everybody and he gets his flag against the D.

*"When a team’s charged timeouts are exhausted and it requests a timeout, the
official shall not acknowledge the request. (Rule 3-3-4)."

Kevtones

What's mindblowing is that the refs didn't call the delay of game as it was happening or even AFTER.

I didn't watch the play live but did they re-convene at all?

Madtown_

A different type of bitter feeling compared to last September's replacement ref debacle, since we legitimately deserved to lose this game for the first 58 minutes. But some awful decisions by the ASU coach gave us a 30 yard field goal for the win.

Unbelievable. What a terrible ending.

No, on the play where the QB laid the ball down. JUST SPIKE IT.

Clock wasn't running. He was centering the ball in the field for an easier field goal. Spike comes after.

Wisconsin deserved to lose for being idiots. The quarterback put the ball on the ground, fumblerooski style. The coordinator should have clocked it and tried for the field goal. Who plays around with a run to the middle to center with no time outs? No sympathy at all.

Paches

Apparently he actually did take a knee:

BULuxeoCEAA9zv2.png

No excuses for this refing.

squicken

Weird game management and stupid play by the QB. I don't think there should have been a pentaly since the refs acted like the ball was still live. But the clock should have stopped. Still, the QB was a moron there. Hating the refs lets him off the hook

BJK

No, on the play where the QB laid the ball down. JUST SPIKE IT.

...because they should have known that the refs would allow more than 15 seconds to click down before spotting the ball?

Honestly, the Badgers' kicking game isn't that reliable; putting the ball between the hash marks is something they needed to do in order to have the best chance of making the kick....if actually given the chance to do so.

Madtown_

Wisconsin deserved to lose for being idiots. The quarterback put the ball on the ground, fumblerooski style. The coordinator should have clocked it and tried for the field goal. Who plays around with a run to the middle to center with no time outs? No sympathy at all.

I feel like I see Tom Brady do it every week that they kick a game winning field goal.

And the major reason for centering is that the badgers kicker is awful and hash marks are wide as hell in the college game.

Could the booth have replayed that last play?

I think every play is supposed to be reviewed in college.

Draconian

And even if he did, give the ball to the ref. Don't just set it down

At what point do we stop blaming players for the ref's mistakes? There's absolutely no excuse for the end of this game and blaming the QB for putting the ball down is quite a bit ridiculous.

squicken

At what point do we stop blaming players for the ref's mistakes? There's absolutely no excuse for the end of this game and blaming the QB for putting the ball down is quite a bit ridiculous.

They should have stopped the clock. It was bad officiating. But the QB also screwed up. Real time it's such a bizarre kneel down

AntoneM

Just got home from the ASU game.

Fuck yeah and what the fuck?!

Not gonna lie, I was sitting at the end zone, section 2 if you want to confirm, where the final play was made. It did NOT look like he took a knee before putting the ball down and releasing it.

Mindlog

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BULu5zGCAAAPf2Q.jpg:large

That good enough for you?
That's conclusive enough after review. However, I'm still left wondering why he gets up like they have all the time in the world. If he hustles his team to the line the ref is going to get angry at the D player laying on the ball.

Also, lots of other questions.

A stupid ending.

Just spike the ball.

If your K sucks so bad you have to center a 30yd FGA or its a total adventure, replace him. We once got a kid out of the stands and signed him up to be our K at Texas Tech.

devilhawk

4k resolution please, wouldn't be able to use that to overturn anything, same with the heel out of bounds call from earlier in the game.
Haha, yeah. At first I was looking for the left knee to be down. Not sure why the other angle wasn't on tv right away.

Not gonna lie. This ending is the best thing about this CFB weekend. That Jen Beliema tweet alone will keep the muckrackers at the world wide leader busy for the next week.

Also we really need Wisconsin to play LSU as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom