• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

The only PAC-12 game this week that is less than a 2 TD spread is UCLA at Colorado at 11.5, could be a boring week out west.

Then I check SEC games and see two teams favored by at least 3 TDs.

4z7bd4Ql.jpg
Never had this been more appropriate because holy shit...

This is a meltdown to end all meltdowns it looks like.. yeesh

Andodalf

Banned
Wow, Hurd is transferring, apparently. Says butch lied about I formation, used the bowl game to convince him to stay. Wants to play WR or TE.

Also, Troy has 1 loss to a top 5 team and is unranked in week 10. Has this ever happened before?

andycapps

Wow, Hurd is transferring, apparently. Says butch lied about I formation, used the bowl game to convince him to stay. Wants to play WR or TE.

Also, Troy has 1 loss to a top 5 team and is unranked in week 10. Has this ever happened before?

Yeah, the wheels are coming off up there. I saw what you read as well. Apparently his uncle shared a lot of this info.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I've been a fan of their HC since he was at Tech as the OC. Unfortunately for us he had to deal with Tuberville's handcuffs while in Lubbock but he still kept up the stats we were used to and recruited very well.

How bad is our OL? Eason was pressured on 48% of his pass attempts Saturday. Honestly, that seems low. Seems like it should have been closer to 75%.

I remember at least 3 passes where Eason was flushed out of the pocket and he and his receivers ad-libbed and it worked out. In a game with so few passing yards, it would have been even worse if he hadn't been able to do that. Definitely thought at one point that they should take him out since the OL couldn't protect him.

Something happened at halftime to the Florida secondary, they remembered how to cover. However, Eason is clearly going to take a serious shot at the Heisman in a year or two, provided Georgia's OL doesn't mimic Florida's.

jjasper

I really don't see why Jones wouldn't let Hurd move to TE. Kelly and Kamara, if he stays another year, are much better and more natural RBs and Hurd's natural position that he would play in the NFL is TE. And if butch lets him leave I've this lol what an idiot.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I really don't see why Jones wouldn't let Hurd move to TE. Kelly and Kamara, if he stays another year, are much better and more natural RBs and Hurd's natural position that he would play in the NFL is TE. And if butch lets him leave I've this lol what an idiot.
Supposedly, it's due more to the fact that Hurd feels that Jones lied to him. Hurd apparently talked to Jones about transferring last year, and Jones told him that Tennessee would run out of the i-formation more this year and did so in the bowl game in order to convince Hurd to stay. However, they haven't used the i-formation this year, which has left Hurd feeling betrayed by Jones.

andycapps

Something happened at halftime to the Florida secondary, they remembered how to cover. However, Eason is clearly going to take a serious shot at the Heisman in a year or two, provided Georgia's OL doesn't mimic Florida's.
UGA OL should get a shot in the arm of talent next year with a bunch of big, highly rated recruits committed right now. They're after one more highly rated tackle and if they get that I will feel pretty good.

We're "losing" 3 senior OL next year. It can't be worse than this, can it? There are one or two spots up for grab next year. Wouldn't shock me if one of those tackle spots is manned by a true freshman.

And yeah, Eason is going to be special. But he needs a line. To Kirby's credit or detriment, the team is playing the style he wants them to play, which is physical Pro-style. Could be one or two losses better if they'd adapted to the personnel, but I think he's taking a longer term approach at developing his program and Eason in particular. The Process is painful.

jjasper

Supposedly, it's due more to the fact that Hurd feels that Jones lied to him. Hurd apparently talked to Jones about transferring last year, and Jones told him that Tennessee would run out of the i-formation more this year and did so in the bowl game in order to convince Hurd to stay. However, they haven't used the i-formation this year, which has left Hurd feeling betrayed by Jones.
What a douche

UGA OL should get a shot in the arm of talent next year with a bunch of big, highly rated recruits committed right now. They're after one more highly rated tackle and if they get that I will feel pretty good.

We're "losing" 3 senior OL next year. It can't be worse than this, can it? There are one or two spots up for grab next year. Wouldn't shock me if one of those tackle spots is manned by a true freshman.

And yeah, Eason is going to be special. But he needs a line. To Kirby's credit or detriment, the team is playing the style he wants them to play, which is physical Pro-style. Could be one or two losses better if they'd adapted to the personnel, but I think he's taking a longer term approach at developing his program and Eason in particular. The Process is painful.

Jealous. We've had something like five bad recruiting years for the OL.

He needs a competent line, but not a great one. He made some incredible throws and decisions when flushed out.

andycapps

Jealous. We've had something like five bad recruiting years for the OL.

He needs a competent line, but not a great one. He made some incredible throws and decisions when flushed out.
Yeah, I was also impressed with those roll outs. That's not supposed to be something he can do. Then again, he was a spread QB in highschool like almost all kids so really, playing under center and I-formation is all new to him. Maybe rolling out is more comfortable. I do think that if we went to a spread that we would have had better results this year, but I think they're wanting to develop him into what he signed on for and what they want to be.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...hurd-says-plans-transfer-tennessee-volunteers

Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd has told the school he plans to transfer, Volunteers coach Butch Davis said Monday.

"Jalen has informed me that he intends to transfer, and I support him on that," Davis said. "I'm very, very thankful for everything that he's done for our football program, but it's all about our football program and our football team and moving forward from this point forward."

God damn it I wish we had not lost to this fucking Tennessee team; after choking away a 21-0 lead no less.

With respect to Hurd: normally I'd say a kid is a tool for transferring but if it's true that Jones promised him something that wasn't even close to being reality, I understand it.

Dobbs need to be sat as well; dude sucks worse than Luke Del Rio.

cdyhybrid

Gaskin and Coleman averaged 7.8 yards per carry against a good Utah front 7. Think I read that four of those yards were before contact, so the OL really did their thing.

Ryuuroden

Oh god, I just saw the news about the Texas DE named Breckyn.

Texas DE/OLB Breckyn Hager has apologized for his "really poor choice of words" about Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes after saying at a press conference Monday he hoped to injure the quarterback this weekend.

And this is why you don't name your kids wierd ass names, because if you do and someone else with the same wierd ass name does something stupid and i mean worse than this guy, there are a lot less people with the same name so you're singled out more. This outside of the fact its a bad name.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, I just saw the news about the Texas DE named Breckyn.

And this is why you don't name your kids wierd ass names, because if you do and someone else with the same wierd ass name does something stupid and i mean worse than this guy, there are a lot less people with the same name so you're singled out more. This outside of the fact its a bad name.

His dad is Britt and his brother is Bryce.

::edit::
Texas finally posted the transcript from today's player availability. The part about wanting to injure Mahomes is omitted. :jnc

The ESPN story has some detail, though.

"when you see a game that has 1,500 yards of total offense and 120+ points, as a defensive player how does that make you feel?" "It makes me feel like I have to go injure the quarterback."

"I say injure that quarterback...That's the mentality right now. We've got to take him out. We know he's banged up, and we've just got to get after him."

jfkgoblue

Texas finally posted the transcript from today's player availability. The part about wanting to injure Mahomes is omitted. :jnc

"when you see a game that has 1,500 yards of total offense and 120+ points, as a defensive player how does that make you feel?" "It makes me feel like I have to go injure the quarterback."

"I say injure that quarterback...That's the mentality right now. We've got to take him out. We know he's banged up, and we've just got to get after him."
It's not a good look for a sport that is starting to become viewed as "too violent". This is why I support player safety rules such as targeting, the sport needs to evolve if it doesn't want to go the way of boxing.

Not sure if Brekyn knows this because he was in HS at the time, but the last time Texas beat Tech, one of the Texas players hit and injured Mahomes badly enough to take him out of the game. Mahomes got the revenge W last year and now its the rubber match on Saturday. Hopefully we can beat Tech without injuring anybody. Lets have a fair fight that one team wins 70-63 the way Big 12 football is meant to be played

andycapps

Doesn't seem like anything he said was out of context then. He's saying what all defensive guys want to do tbh.

ryseing

Meltdown

The Baylor Doctrine tells me not to drink but the football team tells me to drink. I’m going to be like the administration and put football over everything else.

If I were Francois I would break into the offensive lines home in the middle of the night and beat the dog shit out of each one of them. He has spent more time on his back than a Tri Delta pledge

Top Bottom