• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't seem like anything he said was out of context then. He's saying what all defensive guys want to do tbh.

I would say wanting to explicitly re-injure an already hobbled player is a pretty clear step further than what most defensive guys want to do. This wasn't just "take advantage of his throwing arm being less than 100%" or "hit him hard and make him scared to come back in" or even "get that shoulder a few times and make him overprotective."

There's a lot of rah-rah "make them leave on crutches" type talk when you're getting hyped up or talking trash, and obviously many guys are laying hits as hard as they possibly can, but actual "I'm not kidding let's make him leave with the medical staff" isn't the majority. These guys all know how shitty injuries can be and how easily it could happen to them so they don't usually wish legitimate injury on anybody. Not to say those guys don't exist, of course, but it's definitely far from "all defensive guys."

Alternate jerseys for this week, not sure how i feel... Theyre supposed to honor the 1916 team

CwMFGGGVMAAC6VC.jpg

Think they look great personally. Need dem socks!

I feel like the numbers are we arent doing it for me

Also the blandness of the helmets. hope they put our m̶a̶r̶i̶j̶u̶a̶n̶a̶ buckeye leaves on them at least

bpfd

I feel like the numbers are we arent doing it for me

Also the blandness of the helmets. hope they put our m̶a̶r̶i̶j̶u̶a̶n̶a̶ buckeye leaves on them at least

There was a rumor that the helmets were going for a brown leather look, but we got these instead. I would have had to see them to pass judgement but I think I prefer these.

USC has signed a permission to contact letter for Max Browne.

Some people on Twitter are speculating that aTm not UW will be #4 in the CFP rankings today.

25 WSU
24 Boise St
23 Western Michigan
22 Florida State
21 UNC
20 WVU
19 VTech
18 Ok State
17 Baylor
16 Utah
15 Colorado
14 Oklahoma
13 LSU
12 Pedo State
11 Florida
10 Nebraska
9 Auburn
8 Wisconsin
7 Louisville

Feel like we have the most ability to move up amongst the top 10. Have 2 top 10 teams left to play. Could see us still making playoffs even if penn st goes to champ game somehow.

El_Chino

What the actual fuck at A&M at #4? Lmao.

They DEFINITELY did that to get people talking about it. It's all about that air time.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
pay zero attention to that poll, it's irrelevant until the end of the year

and buckeyes, yes, you miiiiight get to go as a non-conf champ, but you better pray then that a 3-loss West champion knocks out a 2-loss Penn State, cause other wise the Nittany Lions (or a 2-loss Nebraska or Wisconsin) will be at the party with Alabama, Clemson and Washington

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Still too much left to be played to take that poll as who will be in the playoff.

Still don't really get A&M at 4 though.

The Aggies are at fourth because of their superior SOS so far. As the ESPN bobbleheads said, UW is probably fine if they win out, and the only thing to potentially worry about is how things would shake out if they won the Pac-12 with 1 loss.

The Huskies still have games against USC (who will probably be ranked if they beat Oregon this week) and WSU (currently ranked) as well as the winner of the Pac-12 South (it would be best for them if Colorado wins out).

Mortemis

Banned
Yep, I don't really care being ranked #5, if we win out and win the CCG I would think they'd let us into the college playoffs.

Sucks that the margins are so damn thin, can't do anything about your SOS or whatever.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yep, I don't really care being ranked #5, if we win out and win the CCG I would think they'd let us into the college playoffs.

Sucks that the margins are so damn thin, can't do anything about your SOS or whatever.

Sure you can, don't schedule Rutgers, Idaho, and Portland State.

squicken

It's nice to see the committee acknowledge SOR. But I'm pretty sure A&M will lose another game. Auburn being strong as the season goes on will help their cause

LMAO at A&M at 4

Also they put Colorado, Penn State, and Wisconsin in top 15... yet still put CLEMSON at 2

There is literally no difference between 2 and 3 when it comes to the playoffs, unless you REALLY wanted your team to wear their home uniforms in the semi. I'm not sure why there's so much outrage.

cdyhybrid

P.S. Larry Scott has the conference's only hope for the playoffs and the Heisman kicking off at 10:30pm Eastern time this weekend :jnc

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well we have 4 rivals so...

#7 vs #8 is arguing semantics and Michigan doesn't have any games like Troy or NC State

In the end it matters little, but seeing a 2 next to your name looks better than 3 :p

you left out any mention of "road games" because Michigan has no response for that.

Do also have whatever that game was, against a 2 win MSUn was. Also played Hawaii, UCF and Colorado as OOC, and Michigan gets Zero Credit for scheduling Colorado, who hasn't so much improved, as had the entire North division "devolve" (potentially also why Washington isn't top 4 yet.)

Top Bottom