• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

Wisconsin in overtime vs Nebraska is like an immovable object meeting an unstoppable force. On one hand, Wisconsin always loses overtime games. On the other hand, Nebraska always loses to Wisconsin.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sec2.0.gif

also, radio show...still going :D

Wazzu wins.

Also I noticed that Colorado has the second best point differential in the conference and USC is now +52 after their 1-3 start. Oregon is somehow only -14.

Hoping UW and WSU can stay undefeated in PAC-12 until they play. Hype here would be insane. I'm between Seattle and Pullman (slightly closer to Pullman) so the fanbase here is really split. Will be one of the only times I go to a bar for a game if they're each undefeated in conference.

New coaches top 10

1 ALABAMA 8-0 1599 63 1 –
2 MICHIGAN 8-0 1492 – 2 –
3 CLEMSON 8-0 1488 1 3 –
4 WASHINGTON 8-0 1434 – 4 –
5 LOUISVILLE 7-1 1322 – 5 –
6 OHIO STATE 7-1 1269 – 8 +2
7 TEXAS A&M 7-1 1207 – 10 +3
8 WISCONSIN 6-2 1147 – 11 +3
9 FLORIDA 6-1 1039 – 12 +3
10 NEBRASKA 7-1 963 – 6 -4

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Oooof.

Hard game to watch last night.

Nebraska had its opportunities to win with a go ahead touchdown (ended up with tying field goal) and get a game winning field goal, or game winning OT touchdown.

Still salty about the lack of PI on third down in OT. 4th down was a touchdown route by the receiver but a late throw bun armstrong. Gah. Damn our defense though, what a game.

We proved we belong with Wisconsin which wasn't the case our last two trips to Camp Randall.

Games like that hurt and haunt you with the what ifs.

I think tOSU is a nightmare matchup wise for Nebraska. Our OL doesn't have much of a chance. Carter will still be out. Armstrong has regressed. tOSU gonna be out for blood after another rough showing.

Gotta hope Wisconsin drops a game to NW or Minn. sigh

AP Top 25

1. Alabama (60); 8-0; 1,524; 1
2. Michigan (1) ; 8-0; 1,435; 2
3. Clemson; 8-0; 1,401; 3
4. Washington; 8-0; 1,369; 4
5. Louisville; 7-1; 1,262; 5
6. Ohio St.; 7-1; 1,207; 6
7. Texas A&M; 7-1; 1,150; 9
8. Wisconsin; 6-2; 1,122; 11
9. Nebraska; 7-1; 951; 7
10. Florida; 6-1; 929; 14
11. Auburn; 6-2; 927; 15
12. Oklahoma; 6-2; 835; 16
13. Baylor; 6-1; 693; 8
14. West Virginia; 6-1; 620; 10
15. LSU; 5-2; 586; 19
16. Utah; 7-2; 506; 17
17. W. Michigan; 8-0; 481; 20
18. North Carolina; 6-2; 423; 21
19. Florida St.; 5-3; 409; 12
20. Penn St.; 6-2; 390; 24
21. Colorado; 6-2; 375; 23
22. Oklahoma St.; 6-2; 355; NR
23. Virginia Tech; 6-2; 345; 25
24. Boise St.; 7-1; 203; 13
25. Washington St.; 6-2; 139; NR

ag-my001

I find myself in a strange position. I predicted 5-7, so we're already ahead of schedule with two should be "auto-wins". By all means, 9-3 should be a great season considering pre-season expectations. But now I have to fight this feeling that anything less than 10 wins would be a big disappointment.

Such a weird season for A&M. Someone talk me back into lowered expectations. Ole Miss vs our secondary and LSU not having Les Miles could be good starting points.

jfkgoblue

I find myself in a strange position. I predicted 5-7, so we're already ahead of schedule with two should be "auto-wins". By all means, 9-3 should be a great season considering pre-season expectations. But now I have to fight this feeling that anything less than 10 wins would be a big disappointment.

Such a weird season for A&M. Someone talk me back into lowered expectations. Ole Miss vs our secondary and LSU not having Les Miles could be good starting points.

Ole Miss is just stacking those quality losses though

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ole Miss is just not that good. I don't see them winning against A&M unless A&M beats themselves with poor play and turnovers.

cdyhybrid

Nothing wrong with ditching preseason predictions. We always bitch about polls being stupid before we see teams actually play, don't we?

jfkgoblue

Nothing wrong with ditching preseason predictions. We always bitch about polls being stupid before we see teams actually play, don't we?

It worked out for our current top 4 though right? Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, and Washington were all hyped way up this year in the preseason.

cdyhybrid

It worked out for our current top 4 though right? Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, and Washington were all hyped way up this year in the preseason.

A stopped clock is right twice a day :p

Not saying they're wrong 100% of the time, just saying they shouldn't be anything taken that seriously.

Oooof.

Hard game to watch last night.

Nebraska had its opportunities to win with a go ahead touchdown (ended up with tying field goal) and get a game winning field goal, or game winning OT touchdown.

Still salty about the lack of PI on third down in OT. 4th down was a touchdown route by the receiver but a late throw bun armstrong. Gah. Damn our defense though, what a game.

We proved we belong with Wisconsin which wasn't the case our last two trips to Camp Randall.

Games like that hurt and haunt you with the what ifs.

I think tOSU is a nightmare matchup wise for Nebraska. Our OL doesn't have much of a chance. Carter will still be out. Armstrong has regressed. tOSU gonna be out for blood after another rough showing.

Gotta hope Wisconsin drops a game to NW or Minn. sigh

Ever since the Wisconsin game, Ohio State has looked vulnerable. IMO this is the first time since Urban Meyer got onboard that the Buckeyes haven't looked like a championship caliber team. If Tommy can avoid throwing any boneheaded picks I think that Nebraska can beat Ohio State comfortably.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ever since the Wisconsin game, Ohio State has looked vulnerable. IMO this is the first time since Urban Meyer got onboard that the Buckeyes haven't looked like a championship caliber team. If Tommy can avoid throwing any boneheaded picks I think that Nebraska can beat Ohio State comfortably.

Yeah but it's been bad Tommy for 3 weeks now and Ohio state isn't the defense for him to become good again against

So future MSU starting QB Brian Lewerke broke his tibia during the Michigan game. There is officially nothing for me to look forward to for the remainder of this season.

andycapps

How bad is our OL? Eason was pressured on 48% of his pass attempts Saturday. Honestly, that seems low. Seems like it should have been closer to 75%.

I remember at least 3 passes where Eason was flushed out of the pocket and he and his receivers ad-libbed and it worked out. In a game with so few passing yards, it would have been even worse if he hadn't been able to do that. Definitely thought at one point that they should take him out since the OL couldn't protect him.

Jacob Eason isn’t the problem. The freshman quarterback needs help, and whether it’s his receivers or his line, he isn't getting it. He was hurried 16 times by Florida. To put that in perspective, we’re talking about a hand in his face 48 percent of the times he dropped back to pass. Tom Brady would struggle against that kind of pressure.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Saturday was only the 2nd time in the Air Raid era that Texas Tech won a game with fewer than 220 passing yards.

The other time was the very FIRST game of the Air Raid era, August 26th, 2000, when Kliff Kingsbury threw for 186 against New Mexico in a 24-3 win.

Top Bottom