• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Ten: Game of the Century #7: This Time We Mean It

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CBS picked up UT-Missou over LSU-UF? :jnc worst 3:30 game ever.

That really sounds like a "We're contracted so we HAVE to air each SEC school once a season, and, well Mizzou...this is the best we could do"

Lunar15

Zaxbys is incredible, don't mis-read me. But let's not ignore how greasy and terrible you feel after eating it.

We actually don't have Zaxby's in South Florida, so I miss it from my college days at Gainesville.

tebunker

Banned
That really sounds like a "We're contracted so we HAVE to air each SEC school once a season, and, well Mizzou...this is the best we could do"

The whole SEC Tv contract is a mess because even if they show a team too much, see Alabama, they can just pay a penalty to get a game. I actually enjoyed those late Saturday night ESPN Iron Bowls back not too long ago. Granted ESPN Saturday Night coverage is up and down, and for them to maximize the IB they should want it on ABC so thats all probably out the window.

I just know we're gonna see the kick six & Cam-back 1000 times on CBS because they are incapable of discussing anything that's happened in a relevant time frame.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
In n out is in like 3 states, five guys is even in England.

Colorado has the best fast food restaurants.

Tokyo Joe's, Spicy Pickle, Noodles, Smashburger etc.

Burger + Fry + Drink @ In-N-Out is around $6
Burger + Fry + Drink @ Five Guys is around $13

Five Guys doesn't meet the pricing value requirements for fast food imo

Unless you're getting the largest burger and large fries, it's closer to 10 bucks.

Also, I went to in-n-out when I was in Arizona and it was not 6 bucks.

andycapps

The two things I miss about living in NC, Cook Out and Zaxby's.

Well, Cheerwine too.
Man, I miss them too.

And guys, we go through this every year or so. Guthrie's is the GOAT among the chicken finger places. Unfortunately they're all but gone now. That said, I prefer Zaxby's over Canes but both are good and destroy my stomach similarly.

Nah every time I've been to five guys and gotten a normal cheeseburger it was $13 or so.

That's the double. I get that they just call it the "cheeseburger", but it is a double. The single patty burgers are like $5.50. I'm not saying that's what I'd get, but if $13 is too rich for your blood, there are other options!

Unless you're getting the largest burger and large fries, it's closer to 10 bucks.

Also, I went to in-n-out when I was in Arizona and it was not 6 bucks.

According to an online menu I just looked at, a cheeseburger, fries, and coke at In N Out is $5.65 before taxes http://www.foodmenuprice.com/menu/in-n-out-burger/

5 guys is a-la-carte so cheeseburger $6.89 + little fries $2.79 + regular coke $2.29 = $11.97 before taxes
http://www.foodmenuprice.com/menu/five-guys/

In fairness to 5 guys, you get more food there, but at twice the price

cdyhybrid

Coach Pete just confirmed that our best pass rusher (Joe Mathis) is out for the season. He hasn't played for a few weeks, so there have been whispers, but no confirmation until now.

Young guys gonna have to step up.

tebunker

Banned
Man, I miss them too.

And guys, we go through this every year or so. Guthrie's is the GOAT among the chicken finger places. Unfortunately they're all but gone now. That said, I prefer Zaxby's over Canes but both are good and destroy my stomach similarly.

We have one here in Cleveland. And I have never been a huge fan of Guthries. Fries were not meant to be crinkle cut. Heathens. And I just feel there chicken is overbreaded.

Cane's is good, closest is in Columbus, so even Bucknuts can get in on it! There is one in Charlottesville too.

It was not in T-town when I went to school 20 years ago. Not much was really.

Oddly enough some of the best tenders I have ever had are from the local Chinese take out joints in Tower City mall right here in downtown Cleveland. Never overbreaded, rarely over cooked, pretty damn good, but I usually have them smothered in Buffalo wing sauce.

Lonestar

a "normal" burger from Five Guys is a double burger.

Cookout was decent, with pricing being the top thing.

Will need to go back soon and try other things. Combo of Regular burger just wasn't enough, kind of small. Thought about corndog, but I wanted to see what double order of fries were. Decent amount, but no way in comparison to Five Guys amount. Cajun spice was good, and the right amount (where Five Guys, will have some super coated cajun fries). Caramel Shake is good. $6.50 is real good. A shitty burger meal from McDonalds or Burger King is about the same price.

Lot of people there, but they had a pretty smart double drive through system. 2 Lanes, 2 windows, but each window was on it's own wall, and one lane would cross with the other. Had a couple minute wait on the car in front of me, but once I got the order in and turned the corner, got to the window and the food was ready.

MS Paint time, while I digest my food and feel the impending Regretful Decisions.
oAhtzmo.jpg

Not sure if there's a Raising Cane's in the state of Alabama. Maybe Mobile.

We have one here in Cleveland. And I have never been a huge fan of Guthries. Fries were not meant to be crinkle cut. Heathens. And I just feel there chicken is overbreaded.

Cane's is good, closest is in Columbus, so even Bucknuts can get in on it! There is one in Charlottesville too.

It was not in T-town when I went to school 20 years ago. Not much was really.

Oddly enough some of the best tenders I have ever had are from the local Chinese take out joints in Tower City mall right here in downtown Cleveland. Never overbreaded, rarely over cooked, pretty damn good, but I usually have them smothered in Buffalo wing sauce.

Used to go to the canes on campus once a week when I was in college. Theres one liek 1 mile from my house now too.

In college football news, Lamar Jackson is 1/20 odds to win the heisman, thats not a typo and I didnt mean 20/1. He is 1/20 which is absolutely insane.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Coach Pete just confirmed that our best pass rusher (Joe Mathis) is out for the season. He hasn't played for a few weeks, so there have been whispers, but no confirmation until now.

Young guys gonna have to step up.

Send him down to Lubbock! Even out with injury he'll probably improve our pass rush.

andycapps

a "normal" burger from Five Guys is a double burger.

Cookout was decent, with pricing being the top thing.

Will need to go back soon and try other things. Combo of Regular burger just wasn't enough, kind of small. Thought about corndog, but I wanted to see what double order of fries were. Decent amount, but no way in comparison to Five Guys amount. Cajun spice was good, and the right amount (where Five Guys, will have some super coated cajun fries). Caramel Shake is good. $6.50 is real good. A shitty burger meal from McDonalds or Burger King is about the same price.

Lot of people there, but they had a pretty smart double drive through system. 2 Lanes, 2 windows, but each window was on it's own wall, and one lane would cross with the other. Had a couple minute wait on the car in front of me, but once I got the order in and turned the corner, got to the window and the food was ready.

MS Paint time, while I digest my food and feel the impending Regretful Decisions.
oAhtzmo.jpg

Not sure if there's a Raising Cane's in the state of Alabama. Maybe Mobile.
That's the big thing with Cookout. It's not the best food you'll ever get but the price is unbelievable considering how much you get and that it's decent quality food.

I always do chicken quesadilla and hush puppies as my sides there.

I view Cook Out in the way of what McDonalds used to be, only with 1000% more choices.

It's cheap, but good enough quality.

For the slop McDonalds sells nowadays it's no where near the 9$ price for a value meal.

I'm glad my Dad retired in NC so I have an excuse to go down to Charlotte and pig out on Cook Out.

Now I want a double order of hushpuppies and a Cheerwine float.

tebunker

Banned
Does Chik-Fil-A count as SEC or ACC?

Both. Also, dont hate me, but I do not like them anymore. Mainly because their food has something in it that damn near triggers my Crohns. Not in a painful flare up way but in a your overactive digestive hates these ingredients and you will feel extra shitty for multiple days bad. Ommegang makes a very tasty beer that does the exact same thing.

Sucks because I liked their nuggets for the most part.

Lonestar

Chick-Fil-A (and Waffle House) I think came out of Atlanta.

Plenty of Guthries in the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa areas.

jfkgoblue

Lol this thread...

On topic: Cookout is amazing, love their quesadillas as well as their burgers. When I lived in Virginia, I went there a lot, too bad they don't exist in the Midwest.

Only been to Raising Canes a few times(while I lived in South Carolina), wasn't a huge fan of it at alll, liked both Zaxby's and even Chick fil a much better.
Going off of PC's list, pretty sure I've seen Arby's everywhere, and I've seen my share of WhataBurgers. I've never seen a Raising Canes.

Do Cookout's have drive-thrus? I see where it's at on the map, and it's a little further down 15th street than I normally go (why I've never seen it).
well by that metric, Zaxby's would be ACC (Atlanta) and the B1G would be Wendy's.
Chick-Fil-A (and Waffle House) I think came out of Atlanta.

Plenty of Guthries in the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa areas.
Ahh yes Waffle House, the place you would go after a night of heavy drinking.

On that same note IHOP was the place that on Saturday night/Sunday morning filled up with drunk people at 3-4 am and at around 5 the old folks getting their before church breakfast started rolling in. I always found that a bit funny.

Ahh yes Waffle House, the place you would go after a night of heavy drinking.

On that same note IHOP was the place that on Saturday night/Sunday morning filled up with drunk people at 3-4 am and at around 5 the old folks getting their before church breakfast started rolling in. I always found that a bit funny.

You know why 24hr joints like Dennys, Wafflehouse, and IHOP have picture menus? So when drunk people (and truckers) come in at 3am they don't have to read or speak coherently, they can just point to what looks good and show it to the waiter.

Lonestar

You're not taking waffle house and chik-fil-a from us, you thief.

If I want to be a stickler of the truth, Waffle House was founded in 1955 and Chik-fil-a was founded in 1946.

Georgia Tech didn't leave the SEC till 1964.

GT might have quit being in the South, but I don't think I've heard any such news from the Awful Waffle and Southern Baptist Chicken.

Besides, don't you guys have to play the ACC Championship in Carolina, or have your backwards ways embarrassed you into moving it someplace less puritan?

Besides, don't you guys have to play the ACC Championship in Carolina, or have your backwards ways embarrassed you into moving it someplace less puritan?

In North Carolina's defense, Alabama would've received the same treatment if they had anything of value to offer for a neutral site event.

Chris R

I didn't see that Nashville had a cookout until I was driving my rental car back to the drop off point on my way out of town :(

The Wafflehouse was decent though, nothing special and kinda expensive for what it was. ChickFilA was terrific as usual though, so glad Alaska doesn't have one (or a Sonics) yet because I'd eat there way too often :(

bpfd

If you haven't watched the BTN episode of The Journey about Sam Foltz, I recommend watching it. It is very well done and moving. It is available on BTN's youtube channel.

jfkgoblue

You know why 24hr joints like Dennys, Wafflehouse, and IHOP have picture menus? So when drunk people (and truckers) come in at 3am they don't have to read or speak coherently, they can just point to what looks good and show it to the waiter.
Haha never knew that, but it makes sense

Used to go to the canes on campus once a week when I was in college. Theres one liek 1 mile from my house now too.

In college football news, Lamar Jackson is 1/20 odds to win the heisman, thats not a typo and I didnt mean 20/1. He is 1/20 which is absolutely insane.

Jackson line has moved up again to 1/30. In betting terms this means you would have to wager $300 to win $10.

cashman

Banned
The RB may have technically still had a hand touching it but that ball was well out of his control.

I can't find any good feeds online but I took this screenshot of the crappy one I found and marked the ball with the blue dot -

#25 for us has the ball in both arms cradled against his chest a foot from the goal line. The RB doesn't even have it in his elbow at this point (which is just peeking out to the left of #9s leg), it's just hand and maybe a little forearm, and that's not because he was trying to stretch for the goal line.

As for stepping out of bounds, I guess they just reviewed the fumble and not that part. Sucks to be you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey now, it's been really hard for them since Christal and Bible retired and once in a while they have to see what it's been like for the rest of us all along.
texastech.0.gif

It looks simultaneous at best until after Foreman crosses

Jackson line has moved up again to 1/30. In betting terms this means you would have to wager $300 to win $10.
Jesus

The only way I see that line changing is if Lamar gets injured this week.. even then.. he's done enough to win it outright..

I wonder if there's a line on biggest landslide for Heisman voting or something like that..

Waffle House and Denny's are trash. Steak and Shake is the go-to late drunk diner food if anything. In and Out is ok. Their burgers that is. Their fries are terrible. But they are cheaper slightly vs Five Guys. Five Guys just doesn't have the audacity to serve me terrible fries at least. Whataburger is solid, though.

You basically have to order them animal style just for them to be somewhat competent.

Zaxby's is barely passable due to their bad pre-made sauce and the salt-bomb fries. Their tenders are ok. Raising Cane's is great. I've also newly discovered Golden Chick, which is damn good.

CFA is ACC and probably the default best out of everyone. They never fuck anything up. Except some of their new sauces.

bpfd

Finally got around to listening to last week's podcast. I felt like I contributed, even though it was at my expense, I thought it was funny. If you guys could go ahead and call them ichigan until after the 26th, I'd appreciate it.

Lonestar

Finally got around to listening to last week's podcast. I felt like I contributed, even though it was at my expense, I thought it was funny. If you guys could go ahead and call them ichigan until after the 26th, I'd appreciate it.

I kept getting confused about that lol

Top Bottom