• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Ten: Game of the Century #7: This Time We Mean It

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4i1enk1nSSV63ILMTpeDcYVHRvA=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7413899/texastech.0.gif[IMG]

It looks simultaneous at best until after Foreman crosses[/QUOTE]

Our guy has more control of the ball than your guy for literally that entire gif. Double armed against his chest versus one hand. He's pulled the ball all the way from Foreman's ribcage to the point where Foreman may not have even had the hand on it if it wasn't between Coleman's own chest and the ball.

His arm isn't out there because he was reaching for the goal line. He's not in control of it at that point even if his hand is still on it.

Our guy has more control of the ball than your guy for literally that entire gif. Double armed against his chest versus one hand. He's pulled the ball all the way from Foreman's ribcage to the point where Foreman may not have even had the hand on it if it wasn't between Coleman's own chest and the ball.

His arm isn't out there because he was reaching for the goal line. He's not in control of it at that point even if his hand is still on it.

That really doesn't matter. If a defender tries to pry away a ball from a runningback/receiver, it's still the offensive players ball until its stripped. Even though I agree that the Tech defender was pulling the ball away from Foreman, Foreman still had both hands on the ball, which was across the goal line, before the Tech defender finally took it away from him.

jfkgoblue

Dual possession, no matter who has "more" always goes to the offense

Limedust

Cookout tray with beef quesadillas, Cajun chicken wrap, hush puppies, and a bottled water... I may have ordered that on a few dozen occasions.

andycapps

Finally got around to listening to last week's podcast. I felt like I contributed, even though it was at my expense, I thought it was funny. If you guys could go ahead and call them ichigan until after the 26th, I'd appreciate it.

It's all in good fun, man. Glad you enjoyed.

Cookout tray with beef quesadillas, Cajun chicken wrap, hush puppies, and a bottled water... I may have ordered that on a few dozen occasions.

I was with you until the bottled water. While I drink water 99% of the time, when I eat at Cookout I'm getting a shake (and a cup of water).

impirius

It's pretty much a trend now to charge 25-40 cents per non-ketchup sauce at QSR places these days. The only joints I know of that will still give you whatever sauce you want no charge is Burger King, Jack in the Box, and CFA.

It's not for packaged sauce; if you want Buffalo chicken fingers at the Zaxby's here, they charge an extra 20 cents per finger. It's disgraceful. It's un-American.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That really doesn't matter. If a defender tries to pry away a ball from a runningback/receiver, it's still the offensive players ball until its stripped. Even though I agree that the Tech defender was pulling the ball away from Foreman, Foreman still had both hands on the ball, which was across the goal line, before the Tech defender finally took it away from him.

My point is that the ball is stripped already. By the time that gif has started there is essentially no chance the RB can get that ball back.

You must be watching a different gif than I am if you think Foreman still has both of his hands on that ball.

Regardless, even if it's not a "confirmed" type replay it's a "stands" at best, not an "overturned." I'm not sure what the actual call was in the end; the ref's mic cut out at the game itself so those of us in the stadium couldn't hear it, and while the TV announcer says it was "confirmed" I'm not so sure that was the actual language used by the ref or if it was just an announcer being an announcer. I would probably go with "stands" if it were me making the call.

Dual possession, no matter who has "more" always goes to the offense

Clearly not always. ; )

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Trevor Knight is out the rest of the season

So many SEC West QB's getting knocked out...

....hope that trend doesn't continue.

But, still...

2014ShameWeek7-2.png

squicken

meh I feel bad for Knight but they were done. I have no idea what to think about Sumlin. 5th highest paid coach in the country but he can't get through the SEC without two or more losses every year. I don't think he should be fired but he's hardly inspiring

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
NCAA Won’t Pursue Penn State-Like Punishment for Baylor

Paywalled but that's easy to get around on the WSJ and the headline has pretty much all you need to know anyway.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association has notified Baylor that it won’t exert its executive authority to impose sweeping sanctions against the school for broad institutional failings, and will instead follow its normal investigative process, according to people familiar with the matter.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Our house got broken into last week and some things were stolen.

They said to send them receipts for the line items as we replace them. And then mentioned something about the recoverable depreciation.

Do we have to spend the money on items lost or can we just pocket the amount and lose out on the recoverable depreciation amount?

One of the things taken was a tag Heuer watch my brother gave me and the thought of spending$1000 on a watch I barely ever wore is kind of weird to me.

So:

Aiding and abetting sexual assault of female students: Okay.

Aiding and abetting sexual assault of minors: Okay.

Not knowing that your star running backs parents took money: THE WORST FUCKING THING EVER.

andycapps

meh I feel bad for Knight but they were done. I have no idea what to think about Sumlin. 5th highest paid coach in the country but he can't get through the SEC without two or more losses every year. I don't think he should be fired but he's hardly inspiring
Been there.

Big 10 2017 Friday night games announced

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers
Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin
Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue
Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois
Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland
Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

Edit:
Fuuuuuu beaten!!

cdyhybrid

Edit:
Fuuuuuu beaten!!
A veritable murderers' row of matchups!

Lonestar

Edit:
Fuuuuuu beaten!!

I mean....where is the remotely "ok" game in there? Is it Mich State/Northwestern???

For a second, that Washington/Rutgers game made me think of Rutgers as the Group of 5 scrub opponent of the main team in the game, but then I remembered that Washington is in the PAC, and this is about the B1G.

ag-my001

So many SEC West QB's getting knocked out...

....hope that trend doesn't continue.

But, still...

2014ShameWeek7-2.png
Hey, we made it to November this year!

Also just hearing about Knight, so that sucks. Need Hubenack to learn the zone read better, even if it's for five yards instead of the occasional scorcher like Knight. Need to keep the front seven honest.

Lonestar

Hey, we made it to November this year!

Also just hearing about Knight, so that sucks. Need Hubenack to learn the zone read better, even if it's for five yards instead of the occasional scorcher like Knight. Need to keep the front seven honest.

no, you see, the end of the track is October 30th. You just can't see the word November, it's on the ground.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Our house got broken into last week and some things were stolen.

They said to send them receipts for the line items as we replace them. And then mentioned something about the recoverable depreciation.

Do we have to spend the money on items lost or can we just pocket the amount and lose out on the recoverable depreciation amount?

One of the things taken was a tag Heuer watch my brother gave me and the thought of spending$1000 on a watch I barely ever wore is kind of weird to me.
What does your policy say on this subject? Typically, you can just pocket the money and lose out on the recoverable depreciation. Better place to ask would be https://www.reddit.com/r/Insurance/.

Lonestar

Penn state 10
Auburn 9
Texas A&M 8
Wisconsin 7
Louisville 6
Ohio state 5
Washington 4
Michigan 3
Clemson 2
Alabama 1

LSU dropped 11 spots to 24
A&M loses to Mississippi state, falls 4 spots

Cwx51tEUQAAbM8O.jpg:large

Florida and Baylor fall out
USC and Arkansas are new

ag-my001

USC and Arkansas are new
They've said that injuries can affect their rankings. Is it possible this was done under the assumption that Knight would be back?

andycapps

Penn state 10
Auburn 9
Texas A&M 8
Wisconsin 7
Louisville 6
Ohio state 5
Washington 4
Michigan 3
Clemson 2
Alabama 1

USC and Arkansas are new

The committee loves A&M.

ag-my001

I have an easy way to get Italian citizenship. Is there an American Football league/team there? I do recall hearing the soccer refs were actually crooked there, so that's like PAC 12 to the next level.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Watching the election results is like watching a football game between two shitty teams you have no interest in. I can't get happy when positive news comes in for Clinton, but I just feel sad when I hear positive news for Trump.

Watching the election results is like watching a football game between two shitty teams you have no interest in. I can't get happy when positive news comes in for Clinton, but I just feel sad when I hear positive news for Trump.

I think you just described Michigan fans watching the Ohio State vs Pedo State game.

ag-my001

I can really get used to the idea of 20 yard endzones
But clock management will be so weird. They have a rule that says you can still snap the ball at 0:00 if the clock runs down. How many games would that affect things when you can call a run play with no or take your time to get the FG team out on the field?

Karl2177

Week 10 results and week 11 pick 'em will go up tomorrow.

Worst refs:

ACC: 18.5%
B1G: 14.8%
B12: 29.6%
PAC: 25.9%
SEC: 11.1%

Lonestar

No shit. No fucking shit. I have shit on my facebook feed praising Jesus for electing Drumpf. I just can't.

I mean, we knew what this state was going to do.

90% of the B1G Ten States. What have you done.

Top Bottom