• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Ten: Game of the Century #7: This Time We Mean It

Kevtones

Right, all the things that gave Oregon an advantage during their zenith are gone and not coming back. They needed to use that time to establish a culture and recruiting strategy that was sustainable long term and through a coaching change, sort of like a similar small school with no history in Boise State managed.

Their recruiting rankings haven't fallen too drastically, so right now it feels more like this season is a result of the panic move after last year of demoting Pellum and switching to Hoke and a 4-3, combined with attrition and injuries.

Getting back to being a perennial top 15 defense might not happen, but they'd be competitive with an even average defense.

The problem is now we know Knight isn't willing to be patient and that's where things can get bad for the Ducks.

You know who is about to be available that the Ducks might consider as a coordinator at least, Gus Bradley.

100% agreed. Calmer heads prevail here. I think they give Helfrich one more year (even with Hoke) and see what happens. The defense has been improving tbh and they are starting like 12 freshman between both sides of the ball (I think their entire o-line actually).

Hoke can really recruit. With one more year I see good things happening potentially.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Texas AM only dropped 3 spots, lsu dropped further for losing to #1 team in the nation...

laughter.gif

Apparently it may be related to injuries. Both Knight and Garrett were injured.

Still, it was Cowbell State. A&M should have been able to win even without them.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Texas AM only dropped 3 spots, lsu dropped further for losing to #1 team in the nation...

laughter.gif
I don't care who you played, only putting up 125 yards of offense with a "generational talent" at running back is a bad look. They should have dropped further.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Alabama didn't even get a NOT and they stayed put. That is the real bullshit. Stupid ass media bias fuckery.

MIMIC

Banned
Why is Louisville ahead of Ohio State in the AP poll? They weren't last week.

edit: Wait...yeah they were. Never mind (was looking at the wrong poll)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Another week, another chance to screw up and lose a close game. At least the UNC game won't be close.

Don't they stuff them in their pants in the original sealed packaging? Thats not too disgusting imo. Also is that twitter account really trying to pretend the refs in that game were favoring Texas? Tech was getting the benefit all game, including this play that was ruled and confirmed as a Tech TD

4E8Oby8.png

cashman

Banned
Don't they stuff them in their pants in the original sealed packaging? Thats not too disgusting imo. Also is that twitter account really trying to pretend the refs in that game were favoring Texas? Tech was getting the benefit all game, including this play that was ruled and confirmed as a Tech TD

4E8Oby8.png

It never should have been a fumble in the first place. He takes the ball out only after Foreman cross the plane.

It never should have been a fumble in the first place. He takes the ball out only after Foreman cross the plane.

Yeah basically it should have been a touchdown for Texas, but at worst it should have been a first and goal for Tech. Refs decide to give a TD to Tech. 14 point swing by the refs!! (But Texas pays the refs tho)

andycapps

Texas fans crying about refs in a win just takes the cake.
Its okay. At the UGA game this weekend I saw the refs review a review. Ruled not a fumble, review confirmed it, then another review overturned it. SEC refs keep calling that PWG flag (Playing While Georgia).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Its okay. At the UGA game this weekend I saw the refs review a review. Ruled not a fumble, review confirmed it, then another review overturned it. SEC refs keep calling that PWG flag (Playing While Georgia).

Every year Alabama plays LSU, more "plays" get added to LSU's "Pile of Disrespect."

Dantonio to LSU confirmed.

I do hate the mindset that I can't complain about refs over perceived privileges. Complaining about Refs is 100% an American right, up there with guns and lackluster roads.

Still waiting to see where that last false start happened, before the FG. Ain't seen shit anywhere.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I do hate the mindset that I can't complain about refs over perceived privileges. Complaining about Refs is 100% an American right, up there with guns and lackluster roads.

Still waiting to see where that last false start happened, before the FG. Ain't seen shit anywhere.

The bigger thing that gets me is that I get that reffing is hard, and at an elite level on bang bang plays you can miss stuff that happens at a fraction of a second.

This doesn't mean however that every ref is good at their job, and some probably shouldn't be there.

It's also not overtly hard to get a majority of the calls right. I say this coming from a family who's complained about refs over the years, and who have actually gone so far as to so the actual job.

Hell I remember as a really young kid the travel league baseball my brother played in had terrible umps. So bad that my dad ended up replacing them cause dude just didn't know how to call a strike zone so both coaches agreed to pull my dad out of the stands. LoL

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The RB may have technically still had a hand touching it but that ball was well out of his control.

I can't find any good feeds online but I took this screenshot of the crappy one I found and marked the ball with the blue dot -

#25 for us has the ball in both arms cradled against his chest a foot from the goal line. The RB doesn't even have it in his elbow at this point (which is just peeking out to the left of #9s leg), it's just hand and maybe a little forearm, and that's not because he was trying to stretch for the goal line.

As for stepping out of bounds, I guess they just reviewed the fumble and not that part. Sucks to be you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Texas fans crying about refs in a win just takes the cake.

Hey now, it's been really hard for them since Christal and Bible retired and once in a while they have to see what it's been like for the rest of us all along.

Lonestar

I would have loved Auburn to have kept Tubs. Was a shame Alabama only got one asskicking out on him before he got fired, after watching that ass act like beating the Fran/Shula Alabama 6 years in a row was some noteable thing.

But maybe his post Auburn career is the proper punishment. He's "there" but he's really not "there." Just suffering, and making everyone near him suffer. Sorry TTU and Cincy peeps.

_bc62f.gif

Eat that bag of dicks, Tubs.

Lunar15

I've seen Golden Flake commercials for years thanks to the SEC, but I've never once actually had Golden Flake potato chips.

Can we bench Del Rio and start Franks or Trask yet? It's obvious he's not the "future" of the program.

He was never intended to be. When we picked up Grier with Harris as a backup, Mac was worried we'd be scaring off other potential QB recruits, so he brought in transfers. I don't think anywhere in Mac's plan had he intended to use Del Rio like he is now.

I just hope the next QB we start will have an honest-to-god line to stand behind.

tebunker

Banned
I've seen Golden Flake commercials for years thanks to the SEC, but I've never once actually had Golden Flake potato chips.

He was never intended to be. When we picked up Grier with Harris as a backup, Mac was worried we'd be scaring off other potential QB recruits, so he brought in transfers. I don't think anywhere in Mac's plan had he intended to use Del Rio like he is now.

I just hope the next QB we start will have an honest-to-god line to stand behind.

Not missing anything. Golden flake is garbage Winn Dixie tier shit. There. I said it. I still love Eli Gold for hawking it and Alabama, but geeze there were some lines I just couldn't cross living down there and their idolization of shitty junk food is one of them. You can add Sonic, Crystal and Guthries all to that pile too.

Not missing anything. Golden flake is garbage Winn Dixie tier shit. There. I said it. I still love Eli Gold for hawking it and Alabama, but geeze there were some lines I just couldn't cross living down there and their idolization of shitty junk food is one of them. You can add Sonic, Crystal and Guthries all to that pile too.

Sonic is a Big 12 establishment fwiw. Raising Canes and Zaxbys is SEC though.

Lunar15

Sonic is a Big 12 establishment fwiw. Raising Canes and Zaxbys is SEC though.

Zaxby's might be the best-worst food ever made.

Also, those wanting to see a QB change at Florida will get their wish: Del Rio is out with a shoulder injury for the South Carolina game.

God, we're going to lose to Muschamp at home.

Vanillalite

Zaxby's might be the best-worst food ever made.

Also, those wanting to see a QB change at Florida will get their wish: Del Rio is out with a shoulder injury for the South Carolina game.

God, we're going to lose to Muschamp at home.

Lame!

The SWMBO ran and grabbed me a wings and things during the middle of the afternoon of CFB watching. Think she felt sorry for me watching UNC beat down GT.

Zaxbys legit haters.

Also Zaxbys > Canes

cdyhybrid

I'm so glad John Canzano has been around for this season of Nike U football.

Also it seems Kevtones is the only one that posts here anymore 🤔

Lame!

The SWMBO ran and grabbed me a wings and things during the middle of the afternoon of CFB watching. Think she felt sorry for me watching UNC beat down GT.

Zaxbys legit haters.

Also Zaxbys > Canes

Am I supposed to know about this acronym? I'm assuming its your wife or girlfriend or something.

And for no particular reason, here is my favorite fastfood chain founded in their respective conference

Big 12: Whataburger (Texas)
Pac-12: In-N-Out (California)
SEC: Raising Canes (Louisiana)
ACC: Cookout* (North Carolina)
Big 10: Arbys (Ohio)

* I have never eaten cookout, but I've seen their low prices and heard from you guys that its good food so I'm already a fan.

Also its lunchtime and my hunger is responsible for this post

Lame!

Zaxbys legit haters.

Also Zaxbys > Canes

I think Zaxby's has better chicken but the sauce although very similar is slightly better at Canes. Both are great though and I would never pass up on either of them.

Vanillalite

Cookout is legit. My brother in law goes there everytime he comes to visit in GA now that it's spread from NC to GA. He's from Louisiana.

PS: SWMBO= She who must be obeyed (so yeah my wife)

Lonestar

I don't know, ACC also has Five Guys (Virginia)

Can't remember if I've ever seen a Cookouts. Oh, looks like one is opened somewhere in Tuscaloosa... :D

jfkgoblue

Lame!

Zaxbys legit haters.

Also Zaxbys > Canes
I agree, Zaxby's is the number one thing I miss from living in South Carolina. It does; however, give you some serious diarrhea shits.

Lonestar

And it is everywhere

Going off of PC's list, pretty sure I've seen Arby's everywhere, and I've seen my share of WhataBurgers. I've never seen a Raising Canes.

Do Cookout's have drive-thrus? I see where it's at on the map, and it's a little further down 15th street than I normally go (why I've never seen it).

Going off of PC's list, pretty sure I've seen Arby's everywhere, and I've seen my share of WhataBurgers. I've never seen a Raising Canes.

Do Cookout's have drive-thrus? I see where it's at on the map, and it's a little further down 15th street than I normally go (why I've never seen it).

It would appear so. Go eat there and report back
1eae9384d200f7f7f503dec4cf326f65.jpg

I have strong feelings about the new Zaxby's sauce pricing structure
It's pretty much a trend now to charge 25-40 cents per non-ketchup sauce at QSR places these days. The only joints I know of that will still give you whatever sauce you want no charge is Burger King, Jack in the Box, and CFA.

tebunker

Banned

Yes they do and make sure to get a side of hotdog woth your cheeseburger and a milkshake. Also get a dark room to hide your shame.

Cookout is good and it will wreck a perfectly good day with gut bombs.

Every time one opened in VA it'd be backed up for hours as people tried to get in. Always busy.

Top Bottom