• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

mreddie

Even Agents of SHIELD is tying in to Secret Empire.

Agents-of-SHIELD-Propoganda-Poster-6.jpg

Dalek

Bleeding Cool posted thoughts on issue 0 with a basic outline of what happens and it's sure something al-right.

I read it and if I'm understanding it correctly....

The Allies had always lost WWII and it wasn't until they used the Cosmic Cube to rewrite reality that they won.
am I understanding that correctly?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I read it and if I'm understanding it correctly....

The Allies had always lost WWII and it wasn't until they used the Cosmic Cube to rewrite reality that they won.
am I understanding that correctly?

what in the world?

im excited to read this

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
James Harren is taking over art on Seven to Eternity. Opena getting too much of that sweet storyboard money.

I'll probably drop that one then. Nothing I hate more in comics than an artist change. Also Opena now has a permanent spot on the list.

Also does this mean Rumble is done?

Interview with Roy Thomas, the creator of Iron Fist, about the Iron Fist controversy.
I just think some people have too much time on their hands, I guess. They have an infinite capacity for righteous indignation. By and large, that tends to be misplaced quite often because if you’re becoming all upset over things that are just stories, and if you don’t like it, instead of trying to change somebody else’s story, go out and make up your own character and do a good job of it. That’s just fine, but why waste time trying to run down other people’s characters simply because they weren’t created with your standards in mind?
Because I did want to reach out to all races. Marvel has always pioneered — for years — in having people of other races in the comics, from Black Panther through Luke Cage and a few others. I made up the concept for another group a little later, I think it was in one of the kung fu magazines we had, “magazines” being the black and white comics, as we called them. I made up a concept — I forget if I made up the name — called the Sons of the Tiger. It was three people: one white, one black, one Asian. I turned that over to other people and let them handle it. I figured if that doesn’t hold, people are just too damn particular, they’re just too damn sensitive for their own good or anybody else’s. But then I really don’t have much sympathy at all to trigger warnings or any of that crap. I think it’s overdone and nobody but a baby needs it, an intellectual baby.
Tl;dr, Roy Thomas is an old man stuck in old ways.

I'll probably drop that one then. Nothing I hate more in comics than an artist change. Also Opena now has a permanent spot on the list.

Also does this mean Rumble is done?

Woah, don't hit the panic button haha. It's just a guest spot, I tweeted Harren and asked. Opena is back afterwards, I think it's more of a different artist for a lore centric issue or something, and probably gives Opena a bit more time

That Secret Empire thing is kind of awesome.

Dalek

Also the Thor words are a kind of let down considering how long it's gone unrevelwed but it definitely makes sense in the sense of Aaron's story arc from the very beginning. No need no drag it out this long though. In that sense only is it underwhelming.

Lashley

Also the Thor words are a kind of let down considering how long it's gone unrevelwed but it definitely makes sense in the sense of Aaron's story arc from the very beginning. No need no drag it out this long though. In that sense only is it underwhelming.

Was always going to be

What were they?

Lashley

I'll PM you.

Cheers

Quiet week this week for me, quality over quantity

Deathstroke #15
Detective Comics #953
Suicide Squad #14

Captain America Steve Rogers #14
Invincible Iron Man #5
Star Wars Darth Maul #2
Ultimates 2 #5
Unworthy Thor #5

Kanhir

So I just took the plunge and signed up for Marvel Unlimited (free month, man). I'm eventually going to work my way through old Spider-Man stuff, but other than that I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of choice.

What do I absolutely have to read, no questions asked?
(Also, what should I avoid like the plague?)

So I just took the plunge and signed up for Marvel Unlimited (free month, man). I'm eventually going to work my way through old Spider-Man stuff, but other than that I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of choice.

What do I absolutely have to read, no questions asked?
(Also, what should I avoid like the plague?)
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction is a must read.

I'd also recommend:
Daredevil (Miller, Bendis, Waid all have great runs)
X-Force / X-Statix by Peter Milligan
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man
She-Hulk by John Byrne
Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender
Vision by Tom King
Avengers by Busiek

Should keep you set for a while. None of them are crazy to commit to and they're all great. Hawkeye, Daredevil by Miller, and X-Force are my top three if I had to narrow it down.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction is a must read.

I'd also recommend:
Daredevil (Miller, Bendis, Waid all have great runs)
X-Force / X-Statix by Peter Milligan
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man
She-Hulk by John Byrne
Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender
Vision by Tom King
Avengers by Busiek

Should keep you set for a while. None of them are crazy to commit to and they're all great. Hawkeye, Daredevil by Miller, and X-Force are my top three if I had to narrow it down.

these 2 are must reads, imo. short, self contained and so so good.

Arguably the best work he's done at Marvel. Arguably.

Every time I think about it it reminds me Aaron put Fury on the moon :( I mean i don't mind what he did with him, it's a novel idea but no one has done anything significant with him since, bar a few cameos. Fury needs to be on the table. He could have been an exciting part of Secret Empire.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
putting Bloodshot Reborn on hold... gonna run it back and finish up one last event before moving forward with my read order (Bloodshot Reborn, Rai, 4001 AD, Bloodshot USA)

forgot i got all of this ages ago and never read it:

Already gave it a shot a didn't like it at all.

I gave it a shot. It felt like Aaron and Bachalo were just doing a Dr. Strange-themed take on their Wolverine & The X-Men.

We get it, there are wacky rooms in your house.

This isn't helping guys :p I already like the series, I just have codes that came with my HCs that I don't need. Then you all come along saying how much you dislike like it! Haha.

No Bendis maybe we have a chance and it might run smoothly. At least the Cap books were building towards it, worried about the Elwing books though i'm wondering if some books will pull a Spider woman or Power fist and Iron man

Also reading Mike Carey's run on X-men, guess Mystique being on an X-men team isn't unprecedented. Not sure how i feel about Bobby banging Mystique, something tells me it's not going well.
Really good run so far by the way
I loved the team alone in that run, let alone the actual storylines. Haven't finished it though. Only read the Supernovas hardcover.

Lady Mastermind is my favorite member. Love to see her on a new team:

Storm
Armor
Lady Mastermind
Dazzler
Laura Kinney
Warpath
Hijack
Dr. Nemesis

Bigger team than I'd usually make, but I think it's solid.

shingi70

Banned
Two sons. Skaar and Hiro, from the Planet Hulk storyline. His daughter, Lyra, is another one of those alternate future children that Marvel loves to throw out there.

Marvel be forgetting about kids. I wonder how Rachel summers lasted it so long.

Do I want to know the Thor words, or do I want to wait? Not gonna be able to pick up my books until later in the week anyways. Unless I wake up early enough to grab my books before I work at noon...

Decisions decisions

Dalek

Man, tommorow's Action Comics. People are going to flip and good luck explaining this to anyone.

Talk about convoluted.

Top Bottom