• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Man, tommorow's Action Comics. People are going to flip and good luck explaining this to anyone.

Talk about convoluted.

I read the basic summary on either CBR or BleedingCool (I can't recall which), and it doesn't seem that convoluted, but I'm not caught up on Reborn yet. Basically
Pre-52 Supes and Lois get turned into energy forms, switching places with New 52 Supes and Lois who are now physical, then Jon convinces them that they're the same and then they merge together to become a "whole". Seems complex, but not convoluted.

Sandfox

Remember when Remender told everyone who didn't like the m-word speech to drown in hobo piss? There's also the speech Bendis gave in response.

can I be spoiled on what that is? or is it too early?
Last I checked it was some mod who read it early doing preemptive damage control before the flame wars started, but he didn't reveal anything.

I wonder if
something is going to happen to Beast since he's a part of the that book and not in any of the new stuff.

caliph95

I get what Rick Remender was trying to say and was on his side when i was younger but it such a shitty way to do so and is still has the same problematic stuff in it.

But hey i think even in the comic Havok got shit for the species speech.

But guys Havok doesn't see species, he is Species-blind

I wonder if
something is going to happen to Beast since he's a part of the that book and not in any of the new stuff.
He hasn't been in the book past that first arc.
I get what Rick Remender was trying to say and was on his side when i was younger but it such a shitty way to do so and is still has the same problematic stuff in it.

But hey i think even in the comic Havok got shit for the species speech.

But guys Havok doesn't see species, he is Species-blind

He's post-species.

I forgot Doom Patrol is coming out tomorrow. Totally snuck up on me and now I'm excited. Crazy that Mother Panic is going to have its fifth issue tomorrow as well despite launching months later but that's what we get with these delays.

Just read Extremity #1

Really fucking impressive book. I'm always chasing steampunk stories, sadly it's a setting filled with mediocre junk. This is not. The aesthetics are incredible, the atmosphere, the design of the characters and the world...the visuals just comes together in such an impressive way. I already love the cast...the plot is light so far, but there is a kinda Star Wars vibe to the big, dramatic character beats.

Great first issue, totally delivers.

caliph95

X-men Legacy

You know thanks to the movies, it's easy to forget that Xavier can be such a manipulative asshole. Killing his twin in his worm because she's evil (you can tell it's a morrison book) and brainwashing and screwing with peoples mind without permission. It's funny how the movies make him to be somewhat of a saint compared to flawed person he is in the comics

Yeah, someone made me vaguely aware of that. I try not to think about it too much. I have so little patience for some of the feelings that some people have. I mean, I understand where it’s coming from. You know, cultural appropriation, my god. It’s just an adventure story. Don’t these people have something better to do than to worry about the fact that Iron Fist isn’t Oriental, or whatever word? I know Oriental isn’t the right word now, either.
oof

shingi70

Banned
Disappointing to hear that view from Roy Thomas. Dude wrote three of my favorite issues of All Star Squadron tackling racism in the Detroit.

Going through Deathstoke and I forgot how powerful the new Power Girl is. She has the strength,durability, and flight of a kryptonite, while being able to change her shape with out the need of gear like Ant-man and Atom.

Superman Reborn

Yup, nothing really answered besides that one question. Nothing else adds up, everything about this makes me think it was a last minute switched decision on who Clark is.

I liked this issue, but it's really damn disappointing that not a single thing about Clark actually adds up from everything we have seen over the course of Rebirth.

Flash

I feel like my theory from the other day on Dark Days is maybe a liiiiiiitttttle more relevant after this issue...

Regarding Clark:

Is the old Clark now the Pre-Flashpoint Clark or not?

Seems to kind of say he's a bit of both and may be a bit younger now? I feel like it's a bit confusing.
Short version: pre-Flashpoint and N52 Superman and Lois had their lives fused and history got altered so the good parts of N52 Superman's run still remains like some of the stories etc. In this new history Lois and Clark raised Jon and the Daily Planet folks knew him growing up. This is their home and love conquers all.

Mxy stays antagonistic, Oz says some words and Manhattan lives on Mars.

There will be a short epilogue in Trinity IIRC.

This is the big splash page.

tim1138

Superman Reborn

Yup, nothing really answered besides that one question. Nothing else adds up, everything about this makes me think it was a last minute switched decision on who Clark is.

I liked this issue, but it's really damn disappointing that not a single thing about Clark actually adds up from everything we have seen over the course of Rebirth.

Flash

I feel like my theory from the other day on Dark Days is maybe a liiiiiiitttttle more relevant after this issue...

What happened in Flash?

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps tied into the larger Rebirth story for the first time this month, and Kyle fans should be happy with this issue.

Aftershock Comics signed a distribution deal with Diamond which means their trades should be widely available soon. Which means go buy the book with the lesbian insect women having the sex. It's better than Sunstone.

What happened in Flash?

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps tied into the larger Rebirth story for the first time this month, and Kyle fans should be happy with this issue.

I would actually say Flash is a bigger issue this week than Action

Major Flash and potential HUGE SPOILERS

Most of the issue is about Wally and his father Reverse Flash, but all of a sudden at the end Thawne from Flashpoint shows up and remembers Flashpoint.

Regarding my theory from the other day and this spoiler:
I thought the Dark Days issue made me think of Flashpoint and was wondering if it dealt somehow with the "forging" or "Casting" of the New 52. Then suddenly Thawne remembers Flashpoint and shows up right before Flash goes off to The Button? Hmmmmm

Ross61

Timey-wimey shoulder shrug**. I mean I'm not reading Superwoman, but
they still had to have gotten their powers somehow.
I thought they both got their powers when New 52 Superman's residual energy dispersed when he first "died". Like how they trapped said energy to make Kenan and the other clone, and the guy New 52 Supes was fighting in Last Days.

I thought they both got their powers when New 52 Superman's residual energy dispersed when he first "died". Like how they trapped said energy to make Kenan and the other clone, and the guy New 52 Supes was fighting in Last Days.

Yeah, but that kind of becomes confusing with the new issue doesn't it?
In regards to it sort of rewriting history.

Yeah, but that kind of becomes confusing with the new issue doesn't it?
In regards to it sort of rewriting history.
Everything still seems to have happened but differently and Kenan looks to be going up against the guy from Last Days soon(will be really interesting to see how that guy ended up Emperor of China going by the solicits).

Everything still seems to have happened and Kenan looks to be going up against the guy from Last Days soon(will be really interesting to see how that guy ended up Emperor of China going by the solicits).

Yeah, I'm guessing at a certain point it just becomes thinking about it too much.
The splash page of them introducing Jon and stuff just makes me wonder do they remember another Supes, or his death, or is this somehow just the answer to the secret identity thing and that's basically it?

Still mad that this is added confusion on top of a whooooole lot of things from rebirth and Oz already not adding up. I liked this issue on it's own, but still irritated.

Top Bottom