• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Oh! I just realized this would be the prefect place to post something I found eariler. It's my ideas for my verison of how I'd fix Batman V. Superman, that I wrote the day after seeing the movie, which somehow was still kept on my laptop. So...guess I'll unload that here in a link soon.

Edit:
What a lame announcement to start a new page.

Sandfox

Oh! I just realized this would be the prefect place to post something I found eariler. It's my ideas for my verison of how I'd fix Batman V. Superman, that I wrote the day after seeing the movie, which somehow was still kept on my laptop. So...guess I'll unload that here in a link soon.

Edit:
What a lame announcement to start a new page.

Now I'm imagine Batman pulling an Age of Ultron to prevent BvS from ever happening.

PsychBat!

Banned
I would love to see a big 30 issue story arc in which Batman gets lured to cross the line and kills one of his bigger villains. I want to explore what this would do to the Batfamily, to his relationship to Gordon and the Police and Gotham and its citizens. Let there be multiple sides, like people who celebrate Bats for killing one of the gruesom monsters of Arkham and people who strongy go against Batman. Let us explore what this would do to Bruce Wayne, we just explored all the time how he fights „the simple way“
Make it a big Crossover thing, which involves Superman breaking his friendship with Batman, parts of the Batfamily turning against Batman while others like Damian or Jason stay at his side.
I am fine with it beeing part of a scheme of the Joker in the end, the famous two sides of a coin thing.

Most important thing: Make it the Main Universe Batman.
ha

that sounds... awful
there's risks and there's character assassinations.

kmfdmpig

I would love to see a big 30 issue story arc in which Batman gets lured to cross the line and kills one of his bigger villains. I want to explore what this would do to the Batfamily, to his relationship to Gordon and the Police and Gotham and its citizens. Let there be multiple sides, like people who celebrate Bats for killing one of the gruesom monsters of Arkham and people who strongy go against Batman. Let us explore what this would do to Bruce Wayne, we just explored all the time how he fights „the simple way“
Make it a big Crossover thing, which involves Superman breaking his friendship with Batman, parts of the Batfamily turning against Batman while others like Damian or Jason stay at his side.
I am fine with it beeing part of a scheme of the Joker in the end, the famous two sides of a coin thing.

I'm a sucker for long Batman arcs that explore the various Batfamily reactions.

With this one, however, the risk to the character is too high. You could probably accomplish the same type of thing without having him actually kill. He helps a villain fake his own death as the villain will testify against many others as well as some corrupt cops, etc... Batman determines that it's too sensitive to trust anyone with the information or believes that he's being too closely monitored to get the word across to the Batfamily. That way you still get the belief, as a reader, that he did it and you still get to see the Batfamily reactions without the potential damage to the character after the event ends.

....Nah. You good fam.

But a long time ago I had this idea that someone would finally get fed up with the villains of Gotham. I wrote up a whole detailed outline about it, but the gist was that there were these three cops who finally got tired of villains and the revolving door thing and finally said they were going to shut them down for good. Batman couldn't keep up with them, and one by one they took out all the major villains in Gotham--even the Joker's bitch ass.

The whole goal of it was to convince Bruce he can't save Gotham alone, and embrace the "family". James Tynion rendered that pointless, but 'Tec is so good I can't get mad at the guy.

And yeah, I had an exit strategy for bringing those villains back if necessary.
Isn't that sort of where Jason Todd's return would eventually go? I've only watched the Red Hood movie, but it felt like that's where his arc would've gone.
Now I'm imagine Batman pulling an Age of Ultron to prevent BvS from ever happening.
Age of Ultron is the one event that somehow manages tp be so unbelievably dumb and pointless that I can't even be mad.

Isn't that sort of where Jason Todd's return would eventually go? I've only watched the Red Hood movie, but it felt like that's where his arc would've gone.

Age of Ultron is the one event that somehow manages tp be so unbelievably dumb and pointless that I can't even be mad.
I don’t even remember what happened to the extra Wolverine after Wolverine stops him from killing Pym.

They never had a clear idea what to do with Jason Todd's return*. The initial planned seems to be a sort of sympathetic (anti?)-villain enemy , because he committed a truly impressive amount of murder, arson and property damage through explosions and tried to kill Tim a bunch*. Then they sort of wanted an anti-hero Punisher instead. But also wanted to keep him in Gotham and in contact with the other bats, but he'd already tried to kill Tim about 3 times at that stage and Bats couldn't really embrace a mass murderer, Morrison did try at a sort of redemption arc in Batman Inc but.... Then N52 happened and it got worse because they still couldn't decide on what Jason was , and because of the changes to Tim, one of his defining features hating Tim for replacing him was gone.

It was never presented as an arc where Batman decided to embrace killing and Batman was actually on acceptable terms with most of the Bat Fam post Infinite Crisis already (Jason being the prime exception because of the whole murdering thing and Steph to some extent, he didn't really reconcile with her to post Return of Bruce Wayne). Batman's Loner / Family cycle thing is pretty perpetual.

* Probably because his initial return was actually Clayface pretending to be Jason Todd which was retconned into really being Jason , then swapping with Clayface later on.

* Tim has some really bad luck from Identity Crisis through the Return of Bruce Wayne with both Jason and Damian trying to murder him for nothing he could logically be blames for and all his friends dieing and getting replaced as Robin by Damian who had tried to kill him (a dick move by Dick ).

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mister Miracle looks like it’ll be something special. I’m utterly hooked. Anyone else really digging this...?

Man, I haven’t collected a full series of single issues since before Marvel launched ‘Heroes Reborn’ (though I did buy Pax Americana when it was out).

Mister Miracle looks like it’ll be something special. I’m utterly hooked. Anyone else really digging this...?

Man, I haven’t collected a full series of single issues since before Marvel launched ‘Heroes Reborn’ (though I did buy Pax Americana when it was out).
One of the few books that has actually had more copies ordered for each issue instead of shrinking in numbers so people love it. Metal is the same.

Some Nobody

Probably, even if arguably Jason shouldn't have ever come back in the first place. But its considerably less interesting if a Bat-Family member does it rather than someone who's just fed up with the system as it stands.

caliph95

Oh right Squirrel Girl has retractable spikes, forgot she had that

Also they really made a joke with The world of cardboard speech

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm a sucker for long Batman arcs that explore the various Batfamily reactions.

With this one, however, the risk to the character is too high. You could probably accomplish the same type of thing without having him actually kill. He helps a villain fake his own death as the villain will testify against many others as well as some corrupt cops, etc... Batman determines that it's too sensitive to trust anyone with the information or believes that he's being too closely monitored to get the word across to the Batfamily. That way you still get the belief, as a reader, that he did it and you still get to see the Batfamily reactions without the potential damage to the character after the event ends.

ha

that sounds... awful
there's risks and there's character assassinations.

The big point of the last issues is, that he didnt actually killed someone.

Some Nobody

The big point of the last issues is, that he didnt actually killed someone.

That'll only successfully piss off the people who were liking the story, and make the people who didn't like the story think the whole thing was pointless.

lol man being a comic creator is hard.

Didn't Rucka do an arc where people think Bruce Wayne has murdered someone?

Bruce Wayne: Fugitive. Yup. It's like, right after No Man's Land and right before War Games. Though Rucka had nothing to do with that story, on checking. Ed Brubaker and Devin Grayson were behind it instead.

Which reminds me. Holy crap I heard Devin Grayson was coming back to comics.

Didn't Rucka do an arc where people think Bruce Wayne has murdered someone?

Yeah, Bruce Wayne: Murderer / Fugitive . David Cain set him up as revenge / a test for taking Cassandra in. Cain knew who Batman was because he was one of this teachers (seriously half of Batman's teachers turned out to be Assassins and/or members of the League of Assassins).

(I dunno if you could call it Rucka though, it was one of those giant crossover things that fed through the entirety of the Bat-editorial books (they pretty much did their own for most of the 90s and 00's and got close to absolute veto).

Vic_Viper

Just signed up for the free month of Comixology Unlimited the other day. Is there a good way to sort through everything available other than just going through their recommendations lists? Also, is there a limit to how many I can "borrow" at a time and do I need to return them before my month is over? Guess I'm not too sure what the borrow and return mechanic is for lol, need to read the terms of service.

Been reading the Waid Cap run starting with Vol. 2, after Heros Reborn and it's awesome. Hope this is similar to what Waid is going to do with Samnee. ive read the Brubaker and Remender run and I love how they each have their own seprate takes and this is a great return to form for the character after Spencer's run.

Also picked up Brubaker's Criminal and Paper Girls but haven't started them yet.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
One of the few books that has actually had more copies ordered for each issue instead of shrinking in numbers so people love it. Metal is the same.

Really? That’s interesting. I wonder why it’s taken off so well. I mean, I know why I like it; I’m just surprised it’s such a success given how much of an oddity it is.

Thanks for posting this. That was a good analysis Guess I’m getting myself a copy of Panel x Panel :D

Really? That’s interesting. I wonder why it’s taken off so well. I mean, I know why I like it; I’m just surprised it’s such a success given how much of an oddity it is.

Thanks for posting this. That was a good analysis Guess I’m getting myself a copy of Panel x Panel :D
King and Gerads are now a A-team with multiple proven books and awards. DC has also promoted it unlike Marvel with Vision where they only promoted it after it won awards and King went to DC for Batman. They printed Director’s Cuts which still didn’t sell well because Marvel were promoting relaunches.

King can sell out Looney Tunes crossover one-shots multiple times

Malyse

After War of Jokes and Riddles, this would have no point.

So I'm posting here my reimagining my fool's wish, of what Superman and Batman's first encounter on the big screen is. I wrote it the day after I saw it for the first time during it's initial release, and it's written from a (somewhat) younger and (much) more foolish version of me, but I still love some of the ridiculous concepts in my "pitch". No, it wouldn't be a logical film to make for audiences, and no, I doubt most would like it or it's that revolutionary in concept, but man, I just WANT it to be real. So yes, it's glorified fan-fiction. And no I'm not ashamed...okay, mostly not ashamed (it falls apart at the end for a "concept over plot" mess). At least we have the DCAU's World's Finest, which is my preferred shared universe meet-up. And this...thing, I guess.

Superman V. Batman: A Fool's Reimagining

You can all laugh at this, but my Hasbro Cinematic Pitch (Fanfic) is on another level.

Lots of stuff would have no point in a 80 years character history

It's crazy to think he's been an icon so long. Like...isn't it odd the character has lived a human's life time by now? Shit makes me get philosophical on these characters and if they're more real then us at points.

Sandfox

King and Gerads are now a A-team with multiple proven books and awards. DC has also promoted it unlike Marvel with Vision where they only promoted it after it won awards and King went to DC for Batman. They printed Director’s Cuts which still didn’t sell well because Marvel were promoting relaunches.

King can sell out Looney Tunes crossover one-shots multiple times
Marvel gave away free issues of Vision among other things, so that isn't really true.

caliph95

Not a Harley expert but she's been pregnant in injustice tried to have kids in the animated series (namely the Batman beyond joker movie) and Arkham games

He had sex in ASBAR

I can't remember a sex scene with joker or joker with Harley

(Probably going to see it in suicide squad 2)

Not a Harley expert but she's been pregnant in injustice tried to have kids in the animated series (namely the Batman beyond joker movie) and Arkham games

He had sex in ASBAR

I can't remember a sex scene with joker or with Harley

(Probably going to see it in suicide squad 2)
There has been more implied sex scenes with Harley and Ivy than Harley and Joker.

Think she did it with Deadshot in a animated movie.

Vic_Viper

Going through some of the X-Men and Bendis's New Avengers after House of M, are there any recommended story arcs I should read other than the obvious stuff and events?

Plan on reading Brubaker's Uncanny and Carey's X-Men Legacy (along with his stint on X-Men right before the renaming) run when I get to it. Wish I had been reading it when Age of X happened. Had no idea about the Legion Lost storyline basically taking place directly after the events of the event.

Also, DCBS finally got the Low Deluxe edition instock! Hopefully they will ship my order now lol. They've been holding on to my Batman Rebirth Deluxe since it came out, plus the Darkseid War Omni from last week.

Top Bottom