• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Going through some of the X-Men and Bendis's New Avengers after House of M, are there any recommended story arcs I should read other than the obvious stuff and events?

Plan on reading Brubaker's Uncanny and Carey's X-Men Legacy (along with his stint on X-Men right before the renaming) run when I get to it. Wish I had been reading it when Age of X happened. Had no idea about the Legion Lost storyline basically taking place directly after the events of the event.

Also, DCBS finally got the Low Deluxe edition instock! Hopefully they will ship my order now lol. They've been holding on to my Batman Rebirth Deluxe since it came out, plus the Darkseid War Omni from last week.

Anything specific you want to know about?

Vic_Viper

Anything specific you want to know about?

I'm not sure. I'm mainly wondering if there are any arcs or storylines that I should read that I might not know about tbh. I didnt start reading most of these books until Second Coming so there are a lot of stories I missed out on that I might not know about.

I'm reading through Bendis's New Avengers run from the beginning and some of the X books as I go in order.

I'm not sure. I'm mainly wondering if there are any arcs or storylines that I should read that I might not know about tbh. I didnt start reading most of these books until Second Coming so there are a lot of stories I missed out on that I might not know about.

I'm reading through Bendis's New Avengers run from the beginning and some of the X books as I go in order.

Secret Warriors (Hickman and Bendis) is a good series that you can read from start to end.

Vic_Viper

Secret Warriors (Hickman and Bendis) is a good series that you can read from start to end.

I picked up the first Complete Collection trade but still haven't opened it yet. It takes place during/after Secret Invasion right?

Are the Dark Avengers and Dark X-Men books worth checking out?

Was Claremonts Uncanny run in like 2008 good? Was not a big fan of his Xtreme X-men lol.

Vic_Viper

VanWinkle

Got two omnis I've been waiting a while for:

KARtrWq.jpg

uXRwdRD.jpg

Also, couldn't wait for the Metal collected edition, and a new comic shop opened by the place I work, so:

o31iWE1.jpg

Also on a pull list for the first time in my life for the rest of the Metal issues.

I picked up the first Complete Collection trade but still haven't opened it yet. It takes place during/after Secret Invasion right?

Are the Dark Avengers and Dark X-Men books worth checking out?

Was Claremonts Uncanny run in like 2008 good? Was not a big fan of his Xtreme X-men lol.

No for all three. The Secret Warriors stuff takes place after Secret Invasion, but you see the team during the event.

Like every comic I've bought since the Spring, I haven't read any of the issues of Grass Kings until today, despite having bought all the singles so far. Finally sat down a read them as a Batman-break, and I think I love it? The art is very striking, and the matte pages with the thick cover is great. Story is interesting too, of course. Definitely gonna keep it on the list :)

Vic_Viper

I'm really excited to read it. I need to read JL Vol. 6 first, though.

Oh man you should! You might want to read atleast the first arc before the Justice League movie. But the entire run was great. Aside from Batman it was the best part of the New 52 imo. Really liked the Throne of Atlantis arc too and never been a fan of Aquaman.

Edit: my bad, thought u meant the whole run.

His run that started in 04? It is okay. It's not Xtreme X-Men bad but it's not great either.

Ok, wasn't sure. The art and roster all look awesome but just wasn't sure after having read some of his other stuff after coming back.

Like every comic I've bought since the Spring, I haven't read any of the issues of Grass Kings until today, despite having bought all the singles so far. Finally sat down a read them as a Batman-break, and I think I love it? The art is very striking, and the matte pages with the thick cover is great. Story is interesting too, of course. Definitely gonna keep it on the list :)

Synopsis sounds pretty interesting. Most books with this kind of setting tend to lose me at "trailer park."

VanWinkle

How are the omnis?

They both look great. Both have nice printed art on the cover boards, thick paper stock (typical of their omnis) and very nice bindings.

Oh man you should! You might want to read atleast the first arc before the Justice League movie. But the entire run was great. Aside from Batman it was the best part of the New 52 imo.

Vol. 6 is the only part of Johns' JL read I haven't read, which I think contained an arc about the Amazo Virus or something. But when I read that, I will have read everything up to Darkseid War!

Haha, no. They are what I get most excited about, though.

Man, that's a beautiful collection. Also noted some Scoorge Mcduck in there, glad to see that in anyone's personal lot of books. I want to buy a bunch of those, including a bunch of those Omnis myself, the problem is it'd be $1000+ to get all of them.

That's goals. I'm gonna make it almost a checklist of sorts.

Guy Gardner's costume???

ARE YOU NUTS

Guy is one of the best lanterns, through and through.

VanWinkle

Try other omnibuses in the $50 range too. Ms.Marvel ombi v1 is also included, as is iZombie and Planetary.

Yeah I will admit I kind of rushed so as to not miss the deal, but I think I have most in-print omnis in that range that I want. At least, of the ones that were eligible for the deal. I briefly looked at X-Men Legion Omni and Brubaker Daredevil and those weren't part of the promotion. I do have the two Ms. Marvel OHCs, as well as the iZombie and Planetary omnis.

Top Bottom