• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Have Marvel's leaked soliciations for December been posted in here yet?

I'm looking forward to this:

STAR WARS LAST JEDI STORMS OF CRAIT #1
This December, the soon-to-be thrilling Star Wars: The Last Jedi rocks movie screens across the world...and the reverberations are felt all around a galaxy far, far away! First up, learn the secret of the mineral planet Crait! Long before it became a battleground between the Resistance and the First Order, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa led the Rebellion there in search of a new home! From writers Ben Acker & Ben Blacker (Star Wars Join the Resistance) and artist Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Shattered Empire) comes the backstory to this winter's biggest adventure!
Rated T

MM #5 cover:
y1cn2pfrfqlz1fum3.jpg

I fully expect Scott's to fight
Barda
in the book.
She's steering him back on the "correct" path whenever he starts questioning what's happening(makes him kneel, says the shower is on, beats Granny etc). He can't escape his love for her. If someone is keeping an eye on him for Darkseid/whoever it's her/whatever replaced her.

MM #5 cover:

MM is really killing it on covers, for every issue I find it tough to choose between the Derington and Gerards covers.

Metal was true to form bat-shit insane, I was hoping for the story to kick on a bit more in issue 2 and I know I was going on yesterday about Snyder going a bit silly sometimes but it was
undeniably glorious seeing a baby darkseid in goggles throwing up the metal horns to multiple evil versions of batman (one of which has cannabalistic robins on chains who use crow bar as a heel command ha)

I fully expect Scott's to fight
Barda
in the book.
She's steering him back on the "correct" path whenever he starts questioning what's happening(makes him kneel, says the shower is on, beats Granny etc). He can't escape his love for her. If someone is keeping an eye on him for Darkseid/whoever it's her/whatever replaced her.

That would be the most Darkseid thing to do...the possibilities of Mister Miracle are endless. It could be a fantastic piece of work.

"You turned your back and I wrecked your world. I robbed your people of their powers, their hopes, their future, themselves. What will you do when your friends, your enemies, your lover, are all Darkseid? When there is one body, one mind, one will. One life that is Darkseid..."

If the glove fits...

Messi

Batman lost loses Coipel and Bengal, gains Tynion, Williamson, Paquette, Mahnke, Jimenez, more pages and a higher price tag.

Was

BATMAN LOST #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER
Art by OLIVIER COIPEL and BENGAL
Cover by BENGAL
Trapped in the Dark Multiverse, Batman must face his greatest fears!
ONE-SHOT On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • FOIL-STAMPED COVER • RATED T+

Now

Batman Lost #1 is now a 40-page issue with an increase cover price of $4.99 US.

Scott Snyder is now joined by James Tynion IV and Joshua Williamson on the writing credits.

And rather than Olivier Coipel and Bengal, it’s now to be drawn by Doug Mahnke, Jamie Mendoza, Yanick Paquette, and Jorge Jimenez.

From a trash site that repurposes twitter posts for news stories.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really hope they do a big Metal Deluxe with all prologue minis and One Shots.

And they should call it... Heavy Metal Deluxe Edition

I really hope they do a big Metal Deluxe with all prologue minis and One Shots.

And they should call it... Heavy Metal Deluxe Edition

Nicely played sir, someone tweet that to Snyder immediately.

Yeah I'm probably going to buy pretty much all of them, but I'm still trying to get a feel of what are going to be main story issues and what are tie ins. I'm sure I read Snyder on twitter saying Batman lost is going to be pretty much an important main story issue but it gives Capullo a chance to catch up on art between Metal issues. I have a feeling in turn Hawkman found as its not written by Snyder will just be more of a issue to set up Hawkman back in the universe and set him up for a future solo series.

EDIT - Though I hope theres a lot of main story still to go into the side issues, as if you think about it if you go by main series issues were already a third of a way through the story, maybe even over if you count the forge/casting.

How accessible is Metal? I have read two crisises before, three if you count Multiversity and most the time I was ?????

I would say you really will get more out of it if you've read Snyders 52 run and read the forge/casting single issues, but you could probably still enjoy it without reading those. It is Snyders love letter to the whole DC universe so it is chock full of old characters, story beats and easter eggs. I posted some links yesterday here for Aizo that help identify all the easter eggs and old characters for each issue so far.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How much Snyder Batman have you read?

I would say you really will get more out of it if you've read Snyders 52 run and read the forge/casting single issues, but you could probably still enjoy it without reading those. It is Snyders love letter to the whole DC universe so it is chock full of old characters, story beats and easter eggs. I posted some links yesterday here for Aizo that help identify all the easter eggs and old characters for each issue so far.
I have read his run, so this sounds good. Gonna look up your links later when I have access to a PC again.

also, I tweeted Scott Snyder the Heavy Metal suggestion ;)

Thanks! I hope they dont just stop like with Multiversity

Yeah definitely, I really enjoyed Multiversity but the annotated guides for that helped as well. I think I remember getting to the last few issues and ther being no guides :( wonder why that was. Multiversity suprised me as well as I read Final crisis by Morrison and even with guides I had no f'ing clue what was going on, whereas Multiversity was great fun.

kmfdmpig

8bit

Knows the Score
Frank Quitely was in The Broons this weekend.

DJsL6eBXkAUR9hW.jpg

(Notable in that his early work mimicked the style of Watkins et al. in The Greens strip for Electric Soup.)

Batman lost loses Coipel and Bengal, gains Tynion, Williamson, Paquette, Mahnke, Jimenez, more pages and a higher price tag.

Was

BATMAN LOST #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER
Art by OLIVIER COIPEL and BENGAL
Cover by BENGAL
Trapped in the Dark Multiverse, Batman must face his greatest fears!
ONE-SHOT On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • FOIL-STAMPED COVER • RATED T+

Now

Batman Lost #1 is now a 40-page issue with an increase cover price of $4.99 US.

Scott Snyder is now joined by James Tynion IV and Joshua Williamson on the writing credits.

And rather than Olivier Coipel and Bengal, it’s now to be drawn by Doug Mahnke, Jamie Mendoza, Yanick Paquette, and Jorge Jimenez.

From a trash site that repurposes twitter posts for news stories.

Sucks. Copiel was a huge get. Wonder if Marvel backed up the dump.

it's amazing how some people who have consumed stuff like superman and star wars and captain america (well, maybe not now...) for decades grow up seemingly having taken absolutely nothing from it.

The cultural concept of a thing is often different from what that thing actually is. Just look at the new version of IT. Many people don't know what Pennywise ACTUALLY is. They think he's simply a killer clown.

Is anyone surprised by this?
I'm always surprised by humanity's consistent ability to be horrible. The fact that this article openly advocated the nonchalant and open public executing of illegal immigrants, not simply deportation, makes it even more abhorrent than usual. I legitimately thought it as an Onion article that they put extra effort into looking like a FOX article. Then I realized the Onion doesn't do that, because they always want you to know that it's them.
So the Cyborg!Batman is actually
Alfred after he got uploaded after his death into the "Alfred Protocol" and absorbed Bruce and killed the others.
That's fucking stupid.

Yet awesome.

Vyer

The cultural concept of a thing is often different from what that thing actually is. Just look at the new version of IT. Many people don't know what Pennywise ACTUALLY is. They think he's simply a killer clown.

True, but it's not like this stuff is all that abstract in those concepts. Shit you'd think like just basic decency and empathy at least might be pretty obvious.

I'm always surprised by humanity's consistent ability to be horrible. The fact that this article openly advocated the nonchalant and open public executing of illegal immigrants, not simply deportation, makes it even more abhorrent than usual. I legitimately thought it as an Onion article that they put extra effort into looking like a FOX article. Then I realized the Onion doesn't do that, because they always want you to know that it's them.

That's fucking stupid.

Yet awesom
e.

I haven't read the spoilers but that should be the official tag line for Metal so far ha.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Mister Miracle #2 made me feel dirty. Reading Barda being insecure about her body feels so fucking wrong. Can't wait for Scott to escape that shit.

mreddie

Mahvoo events ranking since Heroic Age

Secret Wars
Infinity
Original Sin
Standoff
Spider Verse
--------------------<Quality Line
IvX
Clone Conspiracy
Secret Empire
Age of Ultron
AXIS

I might be forgetting one but who gives a shit.

Top Bottom