• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Wanderer5

Hey look guys, you can now buy the Mignola Batman monstrosity in a color 13" version.

Well the shading still looks nice.

Also damn at Knight of the Rising Sun Ivy from XM. This head sculpt looks really good.

DJi9kKwXUAEBum8.jpg

These statues are very expensive, but the Knight of the Rising Sun line is a pretty nice theme.

Malyse

I do not understand Mister Miracle at all.
Rocket is becoming something worth reading and might be a low key great book.
Secret Empire Omega is sort of showing the nuanced story Secret Empire wanted to be. Like, I think Spencer's reach exceeded his grasp and he couldn't deliver the story he set out to write. I think that the nature of comic creation probably doesn't allow for the extensive editing and revision of something like a novel and this story in particular could have used more passes before publication.

But then again, I notoriously want to like everything, so maybe I'm just being too gentle.

VanWinkle

On the subject of that ridiculous article from Fox News about the latest Action Comics issue, I am reading through Chuck Dixon's Nightwing and came across this scene where Nightwing beats up a bunch of confrontational neo-Nazis. And man it just made me think how sad it is that something like this would probably be controversial today and spark a lot of "DC is indoctrinating our kids" or "DC is pushing an agenda" or "DC needs to keep politics out of comics like they used to." This was from '98, and it's even more ironic because Dixon is a very conservative person.

WhzFLNK.jpg

Man I love Dixon's Nightwing. It also dealt with some extremely troubling material when Tad beat a black family in the street because he needed to "get rid of punks."

So I finally finished reading all of Jessica Jones Alias; marvelous shit! Still disappointed that people only mentioned it on the net as good and not as great, because a bitch would've copped this some time ago. I liked Kilgrave breaking the fourth wall in this. His personality in this is sort of the same, but I can see some changes were made for the show. In the comic he wasn't in love with her and he had never sexually assaulted her. This series had some great writing, decent art, and intensity to it. I'll buy it when I have the money.

Tim and Jason's interactions in B&R Eternal are priceless

But boy does it paint Dick in a bad light
So I finally finished reading all of Jessica Jones Alias; marvelous shit! Still disappointed that people only mentioned it on the net as good and not as great, because a bitch would've copped this some time ago. I liked Kilgrave breaking the fourth wall in this. His personality in this is sort of the same, but I can see some changes were made for the show. In the comic he wasn't in love with her and he had never sexually assaulted her. This series had some great writing, decent art, and intensity to it. I'll buy it when I have the money.
You should pick up the current Jessica Jones series right now.

Sandfox

Really? It sounded like dealing with Widow's stuff was just going to be the first arc. It's seriously just a mini?
Yeah, it's a five issue mini with Clint and Bucky going on a mission related to Widow. I would expect any Legacy book to be announced going forward to be a limited series or a one-shot. Even the Pepe Larraz series is rumored to be a maxi-series.

Yeah none of the articles mention it but the editors said it in the stream

it'll likely be dope though, Rosenberg/Foreman is a great team
The solicitations and cover also say "1 of 5".

Yeah, it's a five issue mini with Clint and Bucky going on a mission related to Widow. I would expect any Legacy book to be announced going forward to be a limited series or a one-shot. Even the Pepe Larraz series is rumored to be a maxi-series.

So they're already preparing for next year's relaunch that Alonso mentioned.

Tizoc

Kaijumax Season 3 #3
I feel that the art is much improved over the previous issues. Kaijumax keeps being good and
Jersey Devil's father being Beelzebub (sp) and the 'transformation' is some creepy shit.
I wonder if Jersey's gonna start standing up for himself already. Who knows, by Kaiju logic he'd probably evolve into a more powerful form :p

Transformers Lost Light #9
I think I'd have a better idea of this arc on whether it was good or bad once I get around to reading it in full, but the finale was an interesting surprise and one that helps clear things up.

ah, missed the solicitations leak

That's what Legacy is. It's bringing stuff back and setting things up for the relaunch. If you want to believe BC rumors, the Pepe Larraz book will be a big part of that.
But why. DC did it well with Rebirth and that was one big cheap issue and a bunch of one-shots that lead into the books. Why do they need a year of stories after their one-shot?

Sandfox

But why. DC did it well with Rebirth and that was one big cheap issue and a bunch of one-shots that lead into the books. Why do they need a year of stories after their one-shot?
There's a lot of possible reasons, but we probably won't ever get info on it. We'll see what they come out with.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wait, what? It's already coming out so soon?

I'm not even mad, dude. Frankly I think the whole thing is very unfortunate as I've enjoyed the current run and was looking forward to Scarlett's Strike Force after the Hascon announcements.

The Del Toro doesn't bother me as I haven't read any Hellboy apart from the first book. The movie's coming out a week or two before The Last Jedi, so it's doomed anyway, right? Why worry?

2018 aint it?

and fuck del toro for doing that

EU CMX:
1. Dark Nights: Metal #2
2. Detective Comics #964
3. Injustice 2 #23
4. Action Comics #987
5. Star Wars #36
6. Mister Miracle #2
7. Wonder Woman #30
8. The Flash #30
9. Secret Empire: Omega #1
10. Titans #15

I swear my first thought was "They better do this fast." I totally agree. D.C. did it in $3 but I'm sure Marvel is like "But if you could do it in $30 instead?"

So dumb.

Phew, (Superwoman spoilers)
Maxima is still gay and the evil Maxima was a imposter who Superwoman, Supergirl and Maxima teamed up to fight.

Messi

Read Runaways #1. Yup that's the way to go if you want a safe continuation of the Runaways story. Really safe. Ankas art continues to be an eyesore to me. I really struggle with his art. Questionable move to
only feature half of the Runaways
. Meh/10

Read Runaways #1. Yup that's the way to go if you want a safe continuation of the Runaways story. Really safe. Ankas art continues to be an eyesore to me. I really struggle with his art. Questionable move to
only feature half of the Runaways
. Meh/10

lol this was one of the best books i read all week

im a huge rowell stan tho

Top Bottom