• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Penguin

That means we're getting Priest on JL.

And.... we're getting Priest on JL

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...ristopher-priest-climbs-aboard-justice-league

”My goal is to treat the Justice League more like a workplace drama," he reveals. ”Although we will, of course, still have world threats, nasty villains (including Deathstroke!), and alien armadas, the League's greater challenge will be to define their place in this new and increasingly cynical age."

kmfdmpig

I want to read JL but I'm so meh on Hitch.

Gonna be good!

I've read the first 16 or so and it ranges from actively bad to passable. Hitch tries for weird and interesting, but he's not good enough to pull it off. At times it seems like a dumb person trying to ape Morrison's run on JL.

*sigh* why do you do this to me Tyrant Rave.

Nah, that looks awesome man, I'm hella jealous. Really would like to grab one of those before they stop again but shipping to UK was pretty heavy when I checked. Gotta show us once it's all framed and hung :D
I knew you'd like it lol. It's so nice. I was torn between that one and this, but I love BPRD just as much, so I went for that.

Don't know when I'll get around to framing it, but it'll look super nice once it's up. I'll be sure to show you.
Rave will like this
I love it! My favorite part of King's run so far is the downtime where you just have Scott and Barda alone together. I really enjoy how he does married couples based off of this and Vision. He gets the dynamic and what makes relationships so great.

Liked Mister Miracle #2 a lot by the way. It was a bit hammy to have
Barda being insecure about her height
, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's a very different style to Kirby's depiction, obviously, but it's really interesting so far and I'm very curious to see how the story unfolds. The art is awesome too.

mreddie

Why do 2 writer switches on DC sound more exciting than the recent Marvel changes?

Oh right, black lead writer on a major team since McDuffie.

VanWinkle

Makes me really excited seeing that Priest is on JL. Guy deserves such a big title.

It's only sad that it took over 30 issues of JL to get to somewhere [probably] good.

Would it be unfair or kinda accurate to say if I wanted a more modern Superman in Rebirth, I read Tomasi + Gleason's work...and if I wanted something older (for better/worse), i read AC?

VanWinkle

So I started the Batman Rebirth Deluxe Vol. 1. I read the first arc, the follow-up epilogue, and the first issue of I Am Suicide. And man, when I read the first few issues as it was coming out, I didn't like it. I selfishly didn't think it was how a Batman series should be. I had just come off of Snyder's Batman and it was too different for me. But this time, having cleared any preconceived notions of what it needs to be or do, I loved it. It was a wonderfully told story, and the epilogue with Gotham Girl pained me.

And David Finch art with Jordie Bellaire coloring was genuinely fantastic. Couldn't believe it but it was so good.

Would it be unfair or kinda accurate to say if I wanted a more modern Superman in Rebirth, I read Tomasi + Gleason's work...and if I wanted something older (for better/worse), i read AC?

Ehh I don't know about that. Action Comics feels modern. He's still very much shows him as a family man and his values and everything. It just has a good amount of action. Which plenty of modern comics have.

Ehh I don't know about that. Action Comics feels modern. He's still very much shows him as a family man and his values and everything. It just has a good amount of action. Which plenty of modern comics have.

Ah, I didn't mean it in too harsh a fashion...just maybe to some Jurgens' writing feels a bit dated? I try to check out some reviews for recent AC issues and it seems kinda mixed, but it sounds like a fun read

Messi

Rumble returns in December!!! Harrens out :/

f3lvwiicknul5yrvw7cr.jpg

https://www.avclub.com/david-rubin-is-ready-to-rumble-in-this-exclusive-previe-1814591946/amp

VanWinkle

Ah, I didn't mean it in too harsh a fashion...just maybe to some Jurgens' writing feels a bit dated? I try to check out some reviews for recent AC issues and it seems kinda mixed, but it sounds like a fun read

I only read the first 11 issues, since that's all that was in the first deluxe edition volume. And maybe it was just lowered expectations, but I really enjoyed it.

Runaways was pretty good even for a non-Runaways fan (like me!) since it catches the reader up with all you need to know without doing a big expo dump and focuses the story one pretty captivating scene. Surprised at how much i liked it.

Top Bottom