• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Malyse

Mahvoo events ranking since Heroic Age

Secret Wars
Infinity
Original Sin
Standoff
Spider Verse
--------------------<Quality Line
IvX
Clone Conspiracy
Secret Empire
Age of Ultron
AXIS

I might be forgetting one but who gives a shit.

I'd slot Venomverse just under Spiderverse ATM. The lead in was kinda worthless, but the comic is enjoyable. And the Poisoned version of characters looks super cool.
Also, I think Clone > IvX.

mreddie

"She died on national TV, so who's out killing the people she wanted killed? "

I DIDN'T SEE ANY CAMERAS YOU HACKS.

Brevoort on Barf said:
It's a moment that seems like a bit of nonsense, but it turns out ultimately to be the key to the heroes turning things around a bunch of issues later. The fact that the character came back and was so important so made the right people unhappy and upset.

And he'll never be seen again.

wait what's the youtube comics critic insult controversy thing i seem to have missed?

Twitter user diversityandcmx or something like that

hes a huge piece of shit. his entire shtick is to harass women in comics and any 'SJWs'

hes basically trying to gamergate comics, hes trying to get the GI Joe comics writer fired atm I think

Sandfox

Who's "he"?
Diversity & Comics. He's building up a movement of people attacking people in the industry(mostly female creators) for studio reasons and calling for the diverse characters in comics to go away. There's a notable number of comic fans that agree with him and follow in his footsteps as well.

Secret Wars
Infinity
Original Sin
Standoff
Spider Verse
IvX
Clone Conspiracy
Secret Empire
Age of Ultron
AXIS

I mean clearly you do since you made the list

Twitter user diversityandcmx or something like that

hes a huge piece of shit. his entire shtick is to harass women in comics and any 'SJWs'

hes basically trying to gamergate comics, hes trying to get the GI Joe comics writer fired atm I think

In fairness, there is more to that going on that just one guy. The writer tweeted a load of stuff on 9/11 that didn't go down well, and a bunch of Joe fansites including YoJoe.com which is the biggest one are now boycotting IDW.

In fairness, there is more to that going on that just one guy. The writer tweeted a load of stuff on 9/11 that didn't go down well, and a bunch of Joe fansites including YoJoe.com which is the biggest one are now boycotting IDW.

True. I only saw a bit of it, but I think the writer was trying to talk about how war hawks and 'patriots' had essentially co opted 9/11 to do whatever they wanted but the writer only tweeted out a 'fuck you'

so hmm yeah!

I just read their statement and, sorry, but that is some first class entitlement. They don't fucking own G.I. Joe no matter what dude is writing it or what that dude says to rile them up.

You wanna be mad about something in comics? Guillermo Del Toro FUCKING STOLE ABE SAPIEN and got MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to make a movie about him WITHOUT MIGNOLA'S PERMISSION.

Good lord, fucking G.I. Joe has a writer you don't like and a New Yorker has an opinion on 9/11.

Hey look guys, you can now buy the Mignola Batman monstrosity in a color 13" version.

DC-Designer-Series-Batman-Mike-Mignola-DC-Collectibles-1.jpg

I just read their statement and, sorry, but that is some first class entitlement. They don't fucking own G.I. Joe no matter what dude is writing it or what that dude says to rile them up.

You wanna be mad about something in comics? Guillermo Del Toro FUCKING STOLE ABE SAPIEN and got MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to make a movie about him WITHOUT MIGNOLA'S PERMISSION.

Good lord, fucking G.I. Joe has a writer you don't like and a New Yorker has an opinion on 9/11.

I'm not even mad, dude. Frankly I think the whole thing is very unfortunate as I've enjoyed the current run and was looking forward to Scarlett's Strike Force after the Hascon announcements.

The Del Toro doesn't bother me as I haven't read any Hellboy apart from the first book. The movie's coming out a week or two before The Last Jedi, so it's doomed anyway, right? Why worry?

These people are just looking for an excuse to get Sitterson fired because they don't like him

If IDW cuts him, I'm cutting IDW

I'm not even mad, dude. Frankly I think the whole thing is very unfortunate as I've enjoyed the current run and was looking forward to Scarlett's Strike Force after the Hascon announcements.

The Del Toro doesn't bother me as I haven't read any Hellboy apart from the first book. The movie's coming out a week or two before The Last Jedi, so it's doomed anyway, right? Why worry?

Because stealing?

Secret Wars
Infinity
Original Sin
Standoff
Spider Verse
IvX
Clone Conspiracy
Secret Empire
Age of Ultron
AXIS

For me I'd move that quality line right after infinity.

mreddie

These people are just looking for an excuse to get Sitterson fired because they don't like him

Same, these people are trying to fake a outrage and I hope IDW doesn't bite. If they do, this could set off a dangerous precedent.

Same, these people are trying to fake a outrage and I hope IDW doesn't bite. If they do, this could set off a dangerous precedent.

Okay, so clearly I've missed something here, and I'm willing to take the L.

Is there a non-BC link anyone has that explains it better?

frye

I dunno anything about GI Joe or the people who read it but that line about how they're just mad that a cover is poorly drawn and not because it subtly depicts support for pride month is the best

Top Bottom