• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Messi I'm sure you already saw this but just in case:
JZh1IVi.jpg

Not because of that because of the dark versions of everyone in Batman gear.

There's a reason for it, though. It's not trying-too-hard-edgy or anything. It's only two issues in and I love it. It's a crazy story so far, and I'm enjoying it more than Darkseid War, which I really really liked.

There's a reason for it, though. It's not trying-too-hard-edgy or anything. It's only two issues in and I love it. It's a crazy story so far, and I'm enjoying it more than Darkseid War, which I really really liked.

Do I need to read the tie-ins? Or will I be fine picking up the main series?

Doesn't change pure garbage writing and art.
Too many crossovers, DC, too many crossovers. Makes it hard for collected edition people like myself. And have any of them even been good?

Night of the Monster Men was supposedly one of the worst things ever
Lazarus Contract was supposedly trash
I don't know about Superman Reborn but if it was very good I probably would have heard a little more about it
The Button was alright, but too decompressed

Not a good track record so far.
NotMM had some good action sequences, but the rest was bland. Not terribly worth it.

Superman Reborn is great, although it's Kingdom Hearts-tier in terms of continuity changes. Very confusing, but extremely enjoyable.

Lazarus Contract is just nonsense. It doesn't make sense from pretty much every angle, because it's effectively a Deathstroke storyline that requires multiple characters to act out of character in order for it to work.

I found The Button to be, quite honestly, extremely well done. Especially taken purely as a simple event prelude.
I bought both volumes of X-Men Blue and Gold and I think Gold might be the better book. It's ok so far.

I guess I gotta eat crow after trash talking Guggenheim.
If that were true, then I wouldn't have stopped pulling Gold.

Do I need to read the tie-ins? Or will I be fine picking up the main series?

You should be fine. There aren't "many" tie ins. There is an origin story for each of the "Dark Muktiverse" Batmen, and there is one issue called Batman Lost but Snyder has said none of them are essential. The origin stories are just there if you are curious and Batman Lost is there to expand on some stuff, but They're only doing them to allow Capullo time to get a headstart on the last 3 issues, because I believe #6 is double sized

Yessss

Edit: Someone might have figured out what one of the panels released for Doomsday Clock might be about:
In the recent Superman vs Sinestro story we see one of Clark's fears is Lois getting cancer. In one of the released Doomsday Clock panels there's a x-ray picture of someone's brain with something in it(people guessed it was a bullet). Could Lois get brain cancer?

VanWinkle

NotMM had some good action sequences, but the rest was bland. Not terribly worth it.

Superman Reborn is great, although it's Kingdom Hearts-tier in terms of continuity changes. Very confusing, but extremely enjoyable.

Lazarus Contract is just nonsense. It doesn't make sense from pretty much every angle, because it's effectively a Deathstroke storyline that requires multiple characters to act out of character in order for it to work.

I found The Button to be, quite honestly, extremely well done. Especially taken purely as a simple event prelude.

To be honest, your all's opinions of Night of the Monster Men has made me just a bit more excited to read it (up from zero excitement, that is). Glad to know it has some redeeming qualities.

Over the last year or so I've been...I would say...FAIRLY knowledgeable about Superman and his history. Hopefully I'll be able to grasp Reborn well enough.

Has he said what The Drowned is?

I don't believe so.

It was mainly Murder Machine, Red Death and the Bat Who Laughs.

Red Death:
Bruce failed to stop a catastrophe in Gotham because he wasn't fast enough, so he started experimenting with the Speed Force

Murder Machine:
Alfred dies, Bruce uploads an Alfred AI type thing into a Cyborg style body, and it then decides to protect him by killing everyone.

Bat Who Laughs:
Whoever kills the Joker will become the Joker due to a toxin-based dead man's switch. Batman killed him in the Dark Multiverse, so now he and his Robins are "Joker"

VeeP

I don't believe so.

Red Death:
Bruce failed to stop a catastrophe in Gotham because he wasn't fast enough, so he started experimenting with the Speed Force

Murder Machine:
Alfred dies, Bruce uploads an Alfred AI type thing into a Cyborg style body, and it then decides to protect him by killing everyone.

Bat Who Laughs:
Whoever kills the Joker will become the Joker due to a toxin-based dead man's switch. Batman killed him in the Dark Multiverse, so now he and his Robins are "Joker"

Do we have any idea who the other
Grayson
is? The one featured in the Gotham Resistance arc? Also I didn't see a Batman
Superman
, any idea if one exist - or would it just be the Doomsday looking Batman?

I don't believe so.

Red Death:

Murder Machine:

Bat Who Laughs:

Those are rad origins, but I'm looking forward to seeing where The Drowned came from.

Gimmie that in inches lad.

Messi pls. Do you understand how scale works? Since the pose is an unknown at this point, I can only say that if you have a 1/5 scale statue that is in a standing upright pose, it would take 5 of them vertically on top of one another to equal the real-life height of the actual character. Given that I doubt she's going to be in a standing pose:

latest

Messi

Messi pls. Do you understand how scale works? Since the pose is an unknown at this point, I can only say that if you have a 1/5 scale statue that is in a standing upright pose, it would take 5 of them vertically on top of one another to equal the real-life height of the actual character. Given that I doubt she's going to be in a standing pose:

latest

Ballpark for me

I don't believe so.

Red Death:

Murder Machine:

Bat Who Laughs:

Who or what is the huge Spectre Batman?

Top Bottom