• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S4 |OT| I Remember When This Show Was About Community College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we go by the story he told at the end of the song That Power from Camp, he learned that he needs to tell everything to everybody so that no one can talk behind his back. Maybe it's both.

That story wasn't his original writing, but maybe it struck a chord with him?

Mariolee

Yup.

1384196_10151934154278184_1083913673_n.png

Would've been perfect if they actually posted on October 19th instead of October 18th, but close enough.

Mariolee

Community S5 |OT| One By One The Cast Just Fades Away

As clever as this is, people already complained about how the current thread title was "negative" (though I disagree), can't see this one getting positive reception as well. Goes for the Jeffrey Dahmer one too.

Jan 2 is cutting it awfully close to "everybody is on vacation, and nobody watches TV aside from NCAAF because its just bad specials"
Well it's not like Community is going to get popular all of the sudden. It's always been a low-rated show and NBC's entire Thursday is currently a disaster, so it's not like Community is going to come back to good ratings regardless of when they start it.

New Year's being in the middle of the week this year does make things weird though.
Community S5 |OT| One By One The Cast Just Fades Away
Haha I love this one!

Well it's not like Community is going to get popular all of the sudden. It's always been a low-rated show and NBC's entire Thursday is currently a disaster, so it's not like Community is going to come back to good ratings regardless of when they start it.

New Year's being in the middle of the week this year does make things weird though

"Good Ratings" is relative to the rest of the schedule on NBC currently, and the ratings that Community has received in the past are better than how pretty much the entire schedule has been performing thus far. It would serve NBC best to set up Community to premiere at a decent date just so that it could bring it it's usual numbers and not doom it to perform similarly to the rest of the schedule.

"Good Ratings" is relative to the rest of the schedule on NBC currently, and the ratings that Community has received in the past are better than how pretty much the entire schedule has been performing thus far. It would serve NBC best to set up Community to premiere at a decent date just so that it could bring it it's usual numbers and not doom it to perform similarly to the rest of the schedule.

True, but I guess that's really more about should NBC being airing new episodes of shows on the 2nd at all, or wait for the 9th for new episodes. I certainly think that you can argue that they shouldn't be airing new episodes on the 2nd.

They obviously want to get a new schedule in there for the new year, they are airing an assortment of things in the half of the 8 between now and the end of the year (back to back Parks eps, some Voice specials, some SNL specials).

True, but I guess that's really more about should NBC being airing new episodes of shows on the 2nd at all, or wait for the 9th for new episodes. I certainly think that you can argue that they shouldn't be airing new episodes on the 2nd.

They obviously want to get a new schedule in there for the new year, they are airing an assortment of things in the half of the 8 between now and the end of the year (back to back Parks eps, some Voice specials, some SNL specials).

It does seem that they're pretty much considering this early fall a wash and just loading up the specials until they can reset and yes the primary question is 2nd or 9th. I think them choosing to start on the 2nd is fair to criticize though.

It does seem that they're pretty much considering this early fall a wash and just loading up the specials until they can reset and yes the primary question is 2nd or 9th. I think them choosing to start on the 2nd is fair to criticize though.

Yeah I guess my original point was that 2nd or 9th, I think that fans of shows like Community and Parks will continue to watch, but not many others will. They'll both probably have a decision made for another season after the spring season concludes and it will likely be mostly based on how bad NBC's comedy situation still is at the time.

I can't recall if there's any other comedies that NBC has in the wings waiting to premiere but I feel like unless Community absolutely bombs, we'll see a S6 under the same conditions as S5. Held as a mid-season replacement and if next Fall's shows do well then they'll just cancel Community and burn off S6 in the Summer.

Mariolee

I can't recall if there's any other comedies that NBC has in the wings waiting to premiere but I feel like unless Community absolutely bombs, we'll see a S6 under the same conditions as S5. Held as a mid-season replacement and if next Fall's shows do well then they'll just cancel Community and burn off S6 in the Summer.

Definitely. This is the most confident I've felt about Community in awhile.

In the meantime, it seems like Community has become the poster child for Hulu Plus and Chromecast.

gabbo

This season is going to be chock full of fun guest appearances. :)

Gabbo, I love your avatar!

Having never seen anything related to Tim and Eric, is that worth getting excited over?
Also, thank you. I thought I'd 'Halloween my Gillian avatar, and Britta makes it rather easy.

kris.

Banned
Having never seen anything related to Tim and Eric, is that worth getting excited over?

they have a very peculiar brand of ridiculous absurd comedy that definitely isn't for everyone. I fuckin' love them though so this excites the hell out of me

gabbo

they have a very peculiar brand of ridiculous absurd comedy that definitely isn't for everyone. I fuckin' love them though so this excites the hell out of me

Odd casting then, since they don't really tailor episode structure to their guest stars

beat

Sorry for the lateness of this, but before and during s4, did anyone make a Harmon replacement therapy pun of any sort?

gabbo

The Russo brothers directed a lot of Arrested Development and Community. Dan Harmon also had a small role in Season 4 of AD.

I didn't know about the Russo's, but I lost my shit when Harmon popped up in the sweat lodge (in my mind, it was Harmon playing himself in some kind of self flagellation).
That said, nothing outside of that, no old college buddies, writer swaps, Harmon owes Hurwitz for painting his house, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom