• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I would think it would confuse people searching for threads about BTTF or Robocop. I like it being the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Because its delicious, just like the show. And not bland at all. In my Abed eyes it's the perfect title.
But then it'll just confuse people looking for pizza threads!

Mariolee

Another good one. So who is going to make it when the time comes? Medalion did this one. Phonciple Bone did the second season. I guess it just matters who has the content. I never made an OT so I wouldn't even know where to start. We still have time though. October 19th is still a few weeks away.

I got it. Quick and others can help if they want though. :)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I got it. Quick and others can help if they want though. :)
"Community Season 4 |OT| The center slice of a square cheese pizza"

Abed will be sad if this isn't the title. You don't want Abed to be sad, do you?

Mariolee

Abed will be sad if this isn't the title. You don't want Abed to be sad, do you?

It's between this and October 19th so far.

So now that my season 3 dvd showed up and now I'm watching the christmas episode: on the commentary, they didn't know that the troy and abed rap was also offbeat for the TV/DVD airing? And couldn't fix it?

beat

So now that my season 3 dvd showed up and now I'm watching the christmas episode: on the commentary, they didn't know that the troy and abed rap was also offbeat for the TV/DVD airing? And couldn't fix it?

As I understand it, it was off-beat for the airing and the Hulu upload (and the DVD commentary recording session), but they ended up fixing it for the actual DVD release.

ivysaur12

Banned
Megan Ganz has been hired on Modern Family. She's technically in first position on Community, but I would assume that even if they get renewed for a 5th season, they'd let her stay on Modern Family because it's such a better opportunity for her. Everyone wins.

gabbo

Megan Ganz has been hired on Modern Family. She's technically in first position on Community, but I would assume that even if they get renewed for a 5th season, they'd let her stay on Modern Family because it's such a better opportunity for her. Everyone wins.

Anybody else left that GAF loves?

beat

I also saw on Twitter that Jack Burditt of 30 Rock will be starting on The Mindy Project ASAP now that 30 Rock has wrapped. Out of curiosity, how do shows pay for these midseason additions? Is there money just lying around? Did they cut other writers around midseason?

Anybody else left that GAF loves?
Andy Bobrow, maybe?

Slevin

Great news. I hope she continues to rise in her career, she's awesome.

ezekial45

Banned

That's great to hear. She's super talented, and she wrote some of the best Community episodes.

ivysaur12

Banned
I also saw on Twitter that Jack Burditt of 30 Rock will be starting on The Mindy Project ASAP now that 30 Rock has wrapped. Out of curiosity, how do shows pay for these midseason additions? Is there money just lying around? Did they cut other writers around midseason?

Andy Bobrow, maybe?

Yes, actually. Most big shows that have full season orders have a few writers who leave midseason to go into development -- you'll see them sell shows throughout the fall and the truly commit to those projects afterward. Or, they got another job. Someone left Modern, so they had to hire someone.

The only times writers are paid for are if they're through a diversity program like ABC's. Then they're free because that program pays for their salaries.

AniHawk

modern family relies entirely on the actors since the writing kinda blows. megan could probably turn it around, or at least let the audience know if the family is part of a documentary or everyone is fucking insane.

maharg

idspispopd
modern family relies entirely on the actors since the writing kinda blows. megan could probably turn it around, or at least let the audience know if the family is part of a documentary or everyone is fucking insane.

Insane would be so much better.

beat

I think MF's official position is that it's mockumentary style but there's no documentary crew.

Again, this is the show where they did a C-plot about Luke making an amazing trick basketball shot but lamenting that they didn't get it on camera. (it totally was seen on screen, but they didn't have any diegetic cameras.)

AniHawk

I think MF's official position is that it's mockumentary style but there's no documentary crew.

Again, this is the show where they did a C-plot about Luke making an amazing trick basketball shot but lamenting that they didn't get it on camera. (it totally was seen on screen, but they didn't have any diegetic cameras.)

so that makes them officially insane. because unlike malcolm from malcolm in the middle where he just turns and speaks to the audience, which is something like an exaggerated inner-monologue, family members take time out of their day to sit on a couch with each other and speak to no one.

beat

so that makes them officially insane. because unlike malcolm from malcolm in the middle where he just turns and speaks to the audience, which is something like an exaggerated inner-monologue, family members take time out of their day to sit on a couch with each other and speak to no one.
I think in the MF theory of the show, the talking head segments illustrate their thinking - kinda like the MITM asides you mention - and don't actually take place in the reality of the show. {shrug}

I wonder if Ganz got the gig partly cause she wrote the two mockumentary eps of Community.

ivysaur12

Banned

It doesn't exist within reality. It's like someone in a play talking to the audience.

There were some scenes (I think mostly in the first season, maybe they dropped it) where characters in normal scenes would notice the camera and look embarrassed Office-style.

On a side note, it's weird to think they're already done with the fourth season and it hasn't even begun airing yet.

Quick

Banned
miss_america-600x899.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom