• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Narcos Season 3 |OT| Going Back to Cali - Netflix 9/1

About the next season hints...
They make it sound like the Mexican cartels are actually worse than Colombia, is that true? If so, how? Because the Colombian cartels already seemed pretty vicious.

They make it sound like the Mexican cartels are actually worse than Colombia, is that true? If so, how? Because the Colombian cartels already seemed pretty vicious.

Google Cartel de Juárez and Cartel de Jalisco... You'll see why.

120v

they're barbarians basically. Wouldn't say they're more or less 'brutal' but they're definitely a different breed of cartel

They kill 12 plus people and just lay them across the road for everyone to see or worse display numerous heads.. not to mention journalists die by the dozen.

Permanently A

Aw man... I'm fully expecting Jorge's
plan to get Miguel to blow up in his face.

I mean, I wish him the best, but this is Narcos. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised though.

Just saw the introduction of
General José Serrano
. I love these kind of scenes.

Edit:

And by the way, Narcos looks like the CW did the casting for Netflix. Why is most people on this show (at least this season) so good looking? Or is it just an impression I have?
Yeah this is so true especially with the cartel leaders. The guy they cast to play chepe is way too good looking when you compare him to the real guy lol. Guy could play Colombian James Bond.

Acidote

Yeah this is so true especially with the cartel leaders. The guy they cast to play chepe is way too good looking when you compare him to the real guy lol.

And their wives and girlfriends (specially Miguel's "girlfriend"). And Jorge Salcedo's wife (someone just said the actress was a Miss Universe runner up). Pacho's boyfriends and brother were remarkably good looking dudes too.

And by the way, I've been looking some of their instragram profiles, and man, the guy that plays Miguel's son seems so likeable when in the show he it was so easy to hate him. Mad props to him.

Permanently A

Goddamit, Navegante's
growl in the car scene with Jorge
got me real good. I feel like out of every character (except for maybe the CIA dude) Navegante is the most dangerous. He just has that air of operating on a higher level than the rest of the cannon fodder.

Fercho

Just finished Season 3, for me, the best season yet and what an amazing show. The pace, the acting, the cinematography , everything is top notch.

I'm really excited for next season. They are
coming to Mexico finally, i hope they touch the same aspects of corruption and dirty politicians like the did with Colombia and i hope they touch the CIA's gun selling to the cartels as well, a lot of shit this cartels pulled off over the 90s (and they are still doing some heavy shit) so the show has material up to their noses

One thing i love about this show , is that they are not glorifying these fuckers like some other latin piece of shit shows about this subject matter do.

Also if the main villain in season 4 is going to be
Amado Carillo Fuentes,
the actor who portrays him; Jose Maria Yazpik is one of Mexico's finest, so the show is on good hands.

Well, those next season hints make me queasy.

The Mexican cartels are even more psychotic than their predecessors.

Jalisco, Juarez. A lot of modern ones are just monstrous.

I wonder if this show will keep going all the way to the modern day.

Gorillaz

I like how they kept the same theme but updated it a bit with more modern 90s shots of stuff like the futbol game the female guerrilla soldier and Clinton's.

Obviously as the show evolves we won't get tuyo as the opener..maybe...but it's cool they are trying to stick to it

Fercho

Would next season feature
El Chapo?

Most surely although as a background character.
El Chapo does not enter in conflict with the Juarez Cartel until 2007, but maybe he will be hinted as the main villain for season 5 if the show gets renewed

120v

I wonder if this show will keep going all the way to the modern day.

iirc the creators said since the first season that's the original intent. to run the show up to events of 2010 or so (not spoiler tagging because i don't consider it one)

TheMan

Finished yesterday, this series continues to be excellent. Was hoping Mexico would be the focus, but I can be patient.

Just finished and what a season. Pedro Pascal killing it.

Every time Jorge was in danger, I was on the edge of my seat.

Watching David get gunned down was more satisfied than I thought.

Carbonox

I just finished the season and dare I say I liked it more than the previous two? Pablo Escobar made for incredible viewing but this season felt more spread out and more tense. Couldn't guess which way shit was going to go down (I guess it helped I knew nawt about the Cali Cartel). It was such a great ride.

This and Better Call Saul are the best and most consistent shows on Netflix.

Goddamit, Navegante's
growl in the car scene with Jorge
got me real good. I feel like out of every character (except for maybe the CIA dude) Navegante is the most dangerous. He just has that air of operating on a higher level than the rest of the cannon fodder.

Navegante is one of my favourite characters in the whole show.

I just finished the season and dare I say I liked it more than the previous two? Pablo Escobar made for incredible viewing but this season felt more spread out and more tense. Couldn't guess which way shit was going to go down (I guess it helped I knew nawt about the Cali Cartel). It was such a great ride.

This and Better Call Saul are the best and most consistent shows on Netflix.

Navegante is one of my favourite characters in the whole show.

I don't think Better Call Saul is really a Netflix show, AMC produces it.

But I agree that out of all the long running original shows on Netflix that Narcos is EASILY the most consistently great.

Powered through S3. It was alright. More of the same, felt like they revisited a lot of the sames kinds of tropes, but without the compelling Pablo character. The Rodriguez bros. were about as interesting as watching paint dry. Chepe and Pacho seemed a lot more intriguing but were hardly shown in comparison. I guess there is only so many directions you can take this kind of show, but the Wire is sort of the bar for being able to keep a basic premise interesting for multiple seasons. Sounds like Season 4 is going to Mexico, and I'm down with that, hope it's better though.

Robot Pants

Powered through S3. It was alright. More of the same, felt like they revisited a lot of the sames kinds of tropes, but without the compelling Pablo character. The Rodriguez bros. were about as interesting as watching paint dry. Chepe and Pacho seemed a lot more intriguing but were hardly shown in comparison. I guess there is only so many directions you can take this kind of show, but the Wire is sort of the bar for being able to keep a basic premise interesting for multiple seasons. Sounds like Season 4 is going to Mexico, and I'm down with that, hope it's better though.
You're nuts.
This was the best season so far.

Omfg just finished episode 8 but I need to go to sleep!!!!!!!!! But I need to see how this all ends!!!!!

This season is fantastic. Narcos in general is an amazing watch. Fully recommend it.

mxgt

Banned
Just finished episode 5. Really enjoying this so far, it's just as enjoyable as S1 and S2.

Jorge really is the best new character, love where they're going with him.
He better not fucking die.

You're nuts.
This was the best season so far.

I didn't say it wasn't good. Just that I preferred the Pablo character to the Rodriguez' bros and think he made for a more compelling overall show. Pacho and Chepe were fun but they weren't as prominently featured. Jorge was a great addition. David was your typical hot headed but incoompetent tyrant's son that has been done to death. Maria had no reason to exist outside of the first couple of eps. S3 was still good and great fun to watch, but I do also think they need to freshen things up some in S4 or it runs the risk of starting to feel repetitive. Hopefully the change of scenery to Mexico does that.

Really didn't feel this season. It just never stuck its hooks in me, and coasted at a pretty low ebb throughout, as opposed to the first two seasons having a lot more fire and fury from Escobar, the agents, and generals hunting him down. Not speaking about pure action here, but intensity, and all the ways that intensity is explored.

This season just didn't feel... necessary. Its watchable, but nothing felt all that memorable. Hopefully it lays the foundation for something better to come in the next season.

Mathezar

Excellent season, excellent series, not much else to say... Almost made up for the awful season of House of Cards... almost.

I am surprised though there isn't a lot of buzz around Narcos, maybe it's just me...

Excellent season, excellent series, not much else to say... Almost made up for the awful season of House of Cards... almost.

I am surprised though there isn't a lot of buzz around Narcos, maybe it's just me...

I think it's one of their biggest hits, but Netflix shows don't really ever build up the hype that weekly tv shows do. The Crown was maybe the best show last year it felt like no one even knew that show existed

HariKari

I think it's one of their biggest hits, but Netflix shows don't really ever build up the hype that weekly tv shows do. The Crown was maybe the best show last year it felt like no one even knew that show existed

Netflix has the problem of everything being available at once when it comes to buzz. There isn't a lot to talk about, and even less with straightforward, serious shows like Narcos and The Crown.

I'm sure it does really well for them in terms of views v spend.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I didn't say it wasn't good. Just that I preferred the Pablo character to the Rodriguez' bros and think he made for a more compelling overall show. Pacho and Chepe were fun but they weren't as prominently featured. Jorge was a great addition. David was your typical hot headed but incoompetent tyrant's son that has been done to death. Maria had no reason to exist outside of the first couple of eps. S3 was still good and great fun to watch, but I do also think they need to freshen things up some in S4 or it runs the risk of starting to feel repetitive. Hopefully the change of scenery to Mexico does that.
Pablo was exceptionally unique. I loved every minute that guy was on screen. That being said, I enjoyed this season just as much as the previous two. For me the 2 new DEA agents were the weak spots this year. They were ok but that's about all.

Confused - episode four

Gilberto was in the house during the raid. He grabbed a fun from the drawer. Where did he go?

Also I posted this with 35 minutes left in the episode so feel free to just let me find out on my own lol

Edit: and there it is

RS4-

I liked the first two seasons more. But the Jorge stuff is pretty good, just not when it involves his wife.

It sounds sorta dumb, but Narcos really shows me how much culture, politics and history there is in South and Central America.
I mostly "ignored" it and only knew the "basics" about these countries, but the show really drew my attention to it.

Top Bottom