• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix renews Narcos for two more seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

I still haven't watched the last episode of season 2 so maybe it'll change my mind but I don't have much interest in two more seasons.

Can't wait. Loved season 2 and it was set up great for more seasons. Sad Escobar won't be the focus obviously but I have high hopes they'll make it just as good.

D23

YES

between narcos and stranger things, netflix is becoming HBO in terms of TV production

so so goood

DieH@rd

Banned
So onto
concentrating on the Cali cartel
?

I need to brush up on my history, but that gets pretty nasty if I recall correctly.

Maybe they will switch the story to Mexico. Things went really into shit there when Mexico became producer and seller of coke.

Already said it in the other thread but that's a pretty clever little teaser.

I like how it switches from Pablo's plain appearance to Orejuela (I think that's the name) looking like a Latin American Michael Mann character.

d9b

Banned
calimap.jpg

TheMan

The Pablo saga was fantastic- I assume they may focus on the Cali vs Mexican cartels in the upcoming seasons. I'm really hoping they focus on Mexico, tbh.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So onto
concentrating on the Cali cartel
?

I need to brush up on my history, but that gets pretty nasty if I recall correctly.

Yup, it is onto them. Hopefully the actors/characters in S3 step-up to fill the shoes left by Wagner/Pablo.

number11

For those who know the real life events.. how interesting are the Cali cartel? Based on what we've seen of them so far, I'm not sure if they can carry the whole show by themselves.

For this who know the real life events.. how interesting are the Cali cartel? Based on what we've seen of them so far, I'm not sure if they can carry a the whole show by themselves.

At the height of their power they controlled 90% of the entire world's cocaine supply. I think there's a story there.

kaskade

Still have to watch season 2, probably start that tonight. I like that they left it open to focus on the other cartels too. Glad we are getting more of it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Me: "Oh yeah. I have been wondering if that show is actually good. I'll read a few comments"

(5 seconds later)

Oh...
I'm gathering the main character dies at the end of season 02

Haha, I am curious to check it out.

I'm curious if someone could tell me what level of "good" this is. I can't decide if I want to jump into this or something else next.

Curufinwe

Dragging out a story way WAY too long for money? Unheard of!

Ignorant drive-by comment on GAF? Unheard of!

At the end of the first season they could have ended it already, but they decided to drag it out. But now even 2 more seasons after his death?

The show is about the drug trade as a whole, not just Escobar.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/narcos-season-2-netflix-pablo-escobar-wagner-moura-1201850175/

The showrunners see clear parallels to “Narcos’” examination of U.S. incursions in Latin America to the contemporary geopolitical quagmire that is the war on terror. The market for cocaine production in Colombia was ignited by the demand coming not from Latin America but from its big neighbor to the north.

“This show is about the choice (the U.S. made) about the war on drugs – to deal with it as if it were a problem of supply,” Padilha said. “So we go to Colombia and we will kill the drug dealers. But they cannot stop it as long as there is the demand. That’s why this show will never end.”

“We’ll stop when the drug trade stops,” Padilha says. Adds Newman: “We’ll stop when you stop. That’s our pact with America.”

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
At the end of the first season they could have ended it already, but they decided to drag it out. But now even 2 more seasons after his death?

How are they dragging it out if they are telling the story of the rise and fall of Narcos? The story/show is more than just Pablo, even if that is what attracted many of us to the series. The story doesn't end with the death of Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom