• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Narcos Season 3 |OT| Going Back to Cali - Netflix 9/1

This was an excellent season with the best overall direction. That said, in the series Escobar was the best subject matter and the guy who played him was fantastic. Here's my rankings:

S1>S3>S2

Narcos is easily one of the best shows on netflix.

So, yeah. What a fucking awesome season of TV.

This is the only thing I don't like about 'release the whole season at once' model. My addictive personality compels me to binge. Now I have to wait!

Mexico
should be interesting, I wonder what drug lord gets the focus.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I felt they would embellish more than the Escobar arc, though from what I've read, not the case. Very pleased.

Next stop in the interim, is reading At The Devils' Table; Salcedos story seems to be a very interesting one.

barber

I quite like this series, but the ending is kinda too fast. I understand that that is what happened in reality (as in they gave themselves to the police) but they could have put an extra episode or so of the "welp shit hit the fan, no deal" instead of rushing it in 10 minutes. Still would be one of the best series.

Just finished yesterday and loved it. I think is the best season of the three. It starts kind of slow, but the last 5 episodes are awesome.

Also, Maria Salazar is a hottie , god damn it

Arjen

I think this was my favourite season, episodes 8 and 9 were so tense, great television. Already excited for season 4

Krixeus

That barbershop shootout was like something out of a John Woo film. Chepe, Pacho and Jorge are the MVPs of the season. Great stuff.
That scene was definitely the best scene of the whole season. Had no idea what was gonna happen but I loved how tense it was.

Finished S3 and thought it was great. The final two episodes in particular were superb. Looking foward to see where they will go next.

Qvoth

kinda surprised they didn't make cali cartel into 2 seasons, but i do have to admit the pacing of this season is very nice, things keep moving along
season 4 is not confirmed yet right?

Dr.Acula

Banned
The best part about watching this show is going to wikipedia after and learning what happened to all these people. End of season 3 it appears that agent Peña
retires. Then I read this on biography.com: Over the next two decades Peña continued to work for the DEA. His stints included stops in Puerto Rico, Texas and Colombia again. In 2011, he took on the role of Special Agent in Charge of the Houston Division. He worked there until his retirement in January 2014.

lol

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
kinda surprised they didn't make cali cartel into 2 seasons, but i do have to admit the pacing of this season is very nice, things keep moving along
season 4 is not confirmed yet right?

S4 has been confirmed.

Qvoth

oh so season 4 is confirmed but we just don't know if pedro pascal returns?
shame, hopefully he's back as well

Radec

Chepe and Pancho stole the show.

Should have made the Cali Cartel into 2 seasons instead of 1 or maybe abit more episodes.

Excited for Season 4 though. Mexico!

In my dream there was a collab of Narcos and Breaking Bad. Pena and Murphy going up against Gus and Heisenberg.

Sir Doom

David from the comedy show Broad City to my most hated character in Narcos

This my favorite season so far. Different characters that I grew to like

Bring on 4. Activate Pascal

wachie

This show just keeps getting better. I dont think anything close to this show in terms of quality is on right now.

Season 4 is automatically on my most wanted list.

I didn't even know people actually thought that. Yikes

It's great that they made it in Spanish. I did two years of Spanish and watching Narcos in Spanish feels so hilarious like "Oh, I still know this one, but not that..., but this again!"
Makes me really want to get back and improve my skills.

I just watched episode 7 and goddamn I'm so hyped for the other three episodes.

theWB27

I liked the season, but the cali cartel never felt like they had the grip that pablo had over the city over the politicians.

Beardz

Season 3 is the best one yet, the tension is unbelievable. I think I like it the most because I didn't know nothing about Cali Cartel and with Escobar I knew "everything".

Can't wait for the next season!

that was really good, definitely on par with season 1, maybe even better! I thought it would be less interesting without escobar, ho boy i was wrong!

Jorge is fantastic

darklin0

Banned
Just finished and if I had to sum it up in one word, tense.

The new additions plus Peña as the lead were top notch and elevated this season above the others. I would of liked to see more of Chepe and Pacho, they were pretty damn interesting.

Excited for next season.

KarmaCow

I'm trying to watch these season but I absolutely can't stand David anytime he's on screen. Dude must be a great actor because the character has the most annoying resting bitch face imaginable.

Finished the season yesterday.
Oh boy. What a finale.
I guess they are going to Mexico now which sounds interesting, but I'd like a Narcos-show in Brasil (similar to the Tropa de Elite-movies).

TheFuzz

I liked the season, but the cali cartel never felt like they had the grip that pablo had over the city over the politicians.

Lol. What?

Cali had paid off the entire Executive branch of Colombia's government, including the President. This level of corruption was WAY worse than Escobar.

HariKari

Lol. What?

Cali had paid off the entire Executive branch of Colombia's government, including the President. This level of corruption was WAY worse than Escobar.

It wasn't shown to the same extent as Pablo because they didn't have the time. Cali also operated in the shadows as much as possible.

berzeli

Banned
‘Narcos’ Location Scout Found Shot Dead in Mexico
Mexican location scout Carlos Muñoz Portal was shot to death in a violent region in central Mexico Monday while scouting for season four of Netflix’s hit show “Narcos.” The seasoned scout, who worked for Stacy Perskie’s Mexico City-based production company Redrum, has a slew of high profile credits to his name, including, “Sicario,” “Spectre,” “Fast & Furious” and “Apocalypto.”

Netflix issued the following statement: “We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected location scout, and send our condolences to his family. The facts surrounding his death are still unknown as authorities continue to investigate.
Muñoz’s bullet-riddled body and car were found in a remote area near the borders of Hidalgo state, which is said to have the highest murder rate in Mexico. In July, 182 cases of homicide were reported in the densely populated state, a ratio of 12.2 for every 100,000 inhabitants.

According to local reports, authorities have had trouble piecing together the circumstances that led to his killing, given the dearth of witnesses.
Munoz’s murder raises doubts on whether the production will continue in Mexico or move back to Colombia where it began. Such a decision would imperil hundreds of jobs that the series’ production would have generated in Mexico.
Fucking hell.

theWB27

Lol. What?

I wasn't watching the events in real time... I'm sure it came across much worse then than it did in this Netflix show.... Which is why I compared it to their earlier two seasons.

Top Bottom