• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Narcos |OT| There's no business like blow business - Netflix - *spoilers for S1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamel

Banned
Saw the whole thing very quickly I thought it was absolutely fantastic. The whole vibe of "realismo magico" is in full effect. I actually could not believe some of these things happened in real life, and the fact that real footage is edited in with the rest makes me feel ashamed to be uneducated on what happened.

My favorite thing about this show is that it felt better than a film in some regards - real world locations that are unlike my home...it sort of transports you to a time and place unlike your own (unless you really did live there!)

They kind of tone down the narration and "stranger than fiction" telling by the end (as there's not AS much insanity) but still incredible.

Same. The setting is just so interesting to me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think one full more season of Escobar is a stretch already. For further seasons they'll have to find another target for sure. The show is just called "Narcos" after all, not "Escobar."

I bet Pablo gets killed within the first five episodes.

So what's the general consensus on Gaf regarding this show? Is it good compared to something like Sopranos or True Detective S1?
I wanna start watching it with my wife but also don't wanna waste my time if it's bad....

So what's the general consensus on Gaf regarding this show? Is it good compared to something like Sopranos or True Detective S1?
I wanna start watching it with my wife but also don't wanna waste my time if it's bad....
My personal opinion: it's a good show. Watch an episode and see if the setting, characters and especially the way the story is presented appeals to you. I found the quality to be very even through both seasons, don't expect big ups or downs.

My personal opinion: it's a good show. Watch an episode and see if the setting, characters and especially the way the story is presented appeals to you. I found the quality to be very even through both seasons, don't expect big ups or downs.

Thanks. Will try the 1st episode tonight, hope it's appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom