• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 |OT| First there was One, now there are Eight - Netflix - *S1 spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
What I will say however, regardless of the situation, I'm still really really excited for S2.

Hoping for a 2016 release!

Bold One

Whatever happened...it sucks to have lost him

with regards to creative differences, what could have changed between season 1 and 2?

SwolBro

Banned
I'm not jumping to conclusions about any of this. Lana has said some pretty anti-black things in the past (and as far as I know stuck by them)
what the fuck... how is that in any way anti-black???????? it's a point well taken on the topic of segregation. holy fuck this irks me. maybe you need to go back and watch some of her movies and her casting choices.

anyways, i did enjoy his character, he was a good actor. shame whatever happened, happened.

gamz

I'm not jumping to conclusions about any of this. Lana has said some pretty anti-black things in the past (and as far as I know stuck by them) so especially considering this conflict was with the one black member of the main cast, I'm not assuming anything.

I mean seeing the other cast members chime in makes me doubt it's this, but Lana still seems like a pretty terrible person so I wouldn't put much past her.

Anti-Black? The Sisters who cast blacks in all of the most popular series the Matrix? lol

Cone the fuck on! I saw people using this last year and it's terrible. They have been nothing of the sort their entire career.

And, yeah, they aren't going to comment on something so silly.

He was one of my favourite characters in the show and I loved how the actor played him with a optimistic happiness and innocence, but I imagine it was pretty major if they've got rid of him. If he was intolerant then good riddance.

Dali

what the fuck... how is that in any way anti-black???????? it's a point well taken on the topic of segregation. holy fuck this irks me. maybe you need to go back and watch some of her movies and her casting choices.

anyways, i did enjoy his character, he was a good actor. shame whatever happened, happened.
I dunno calling out only black people for not recognizing and accepting a person with a sex change as being officially their new sex seems kinda shitty. They are trying to compare it to racial segregation when the thought process isn't remotely the same.

Katori

Little heartbroken, but if Jamie and some others are happy about it then I think that there must have been a very good reason. I'll give the new guy a chance, I need more of this show either way.

I still have issues with the MCU continuity because they replaced the guy who plays warmachine, between ironman 1 and 2. Recasting sucks, but it sucks even more if they just pretend it didn't happen. Make it something that works within the universe.

They didn't pretend. They literally mentioned it on-screen in his first appearance in Iron Man 2.

Kaladin

They can write the actor change in the show as it being a new ability they've discovered where they can change their appearance in a dire situation.

IconGrist

Whatever the reason he's gone I'll get over it as long as the new guy performs well. I'm still super excited about Season 2. Sense8 was a surprise hit for me. Loved every bit of it.

pashmilla

Banned
tumblr_o6auz1EzEH1uv4yg3o1_540.png

tumblr_o6auz1EzEH1uv4yg3o2_540.png
Still bummed he's gone, but glad it wasn't because of transphobia.

duckroll

It might as well be if they are timing it to launch on Christmas for a specific reason, with the rest of the season following later in 2017.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Maybe it is a Marco Polo situation. They released "Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes" special on Christmas last year. Maybe what she is referring to is a special.

Nyx

Finally binged this and it surpassed my initial response. Watched the pilot when the series released but could barely make it through and never bothered to go back but now that I did I was happy I did so.

Favorite characters were Lito, Wolfgang and Nomi. The standoffs between Lito and that blackmailing dude and Wolfgang with his uncle's crew in which they helped eachother were great! I laughed out loud when the rocket launcher entered the scene, it was so over the top and for me unexpected.

The series does have this 'over the top' feeling in a lot of other stuff as well, especially when emotions were involved and the directors probably thought they needed to put this in your face so that you wouldn't miss it.

But the more I watched the less I was bothered with it. Looking forward to more!

tomtom94

Maybe it is a Marco Polo situation. They released "Marco Polo: One Hundred Eyes" special on Christmas last year. Maybe what she is referring to is a special.

This would be my theory as well, though I'm curious to know what the special would be about. A prequel explaining some of the lore, perhaps?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sad to hear about Aml (though not if he was transphobic). I had wondered if something was happening with him since it didn't look like he was filming with the rest of them. I loved Capheus and his sunny outlook on life. I hope the new guy is good.

duckroll

Personally given the clarifications by Jamie Clayton on Twitter, I don't think it would be right to continue to spread the transphobic rumor. It seems obvious that something went down, and that the cast isn't exactly sad to see him go, but it seems unfair to suggest something so hateful without even an actual accusation.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Still bummed he's gone, but glad it wasn't because of transphobia.

Yeah, that's good to hear. Hopefully the cast will keep dropping hints regarding the reason why he was let go.

https://twitter.com/MsJamieClayton/status/725349067631423488

"Ep1 at Christmas. The rest, all at once in 2017."

Huh. This is the first time I'm seeing this.

Like someone else suggested, it's probably similar to what they did with Marco Polo last year.

Montresor

Personally given the clarifications by Jamie Clayton on Twitter, I don't think it would be right to continue to spread the transphobic rumor. It seems obvious that something went down, and that the cast isn't exactly sad to see him go, but it seems unfair to suggest something so hateful without even an actual accusation.

Agreed 100%. I double-checked but I believe no one in this thread has entertained the thought of Capheus's former actor being transphobic since pashmilla posted Jamie Clayton's clarifying tweets.

BrokenBox

Just finished S1. It was so much better than I was expecting. Going to try to see if I can get the gf interested.

I really liked the original Capheus. It's really too bad things didn't work out. He always looked so happy on screen.

Bring on the Christmas special!

Razmos

I look forward to seeing him in a mind orgy. (Literally my first thought when I saw a new guy had been cast was "Is he hot?")

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Co-creator Lilly Wachowski has stepped down from her producing and directing role on the Netflix drama

“Lilly needed to take some time off,” series star Jamie Clayton told BuzzFeed News, confirming that Lana Wachowski, Lilly’s producing partner and sister, will helm Sense8‘s Season 2 episodes alone. “Lana is absolutely a superwoman. The way she channels her energy and her creativity … it keeps me in absolute awe whenever I’m in her presence. She’s an absolute force.”

Lilly, who came out as transgender last March, will use the break to focus on her well-being, but BuzzFeed reports that she could return for a potential third season.

duckroll

I'm kinda worried about what might be happening behind the scenes in the production now. Hopefully these are just coincidences due to the timing of things in their personal lives and not a sign of a rift growing between the team...

I'm kinda worried about what might be happening behind the scenes in the production now. Hopefully these are just coincidences due to the timing of things in their personal lives and not a sign of a rift growing between the team...

Lily's leave is completely different from Aml's exit though. It's not due to a disagreement, it's a health issue. Also, she was involved in writing the scripts if I'm not mistaken, she's just not directing the episodes with her sister. And she's open to return for season 3.

By the way, the original Buzzfeed source for the news of Lily's leave is a full blown preview of season 2 that is making me very excited! Will vs Whispers is giving me Inception vibes and they're hyping Riley up, among other things...

gamz

I don't think it's a rift. They are probably the tightest sibs in the biz. It's probably because Lilly is going through a transition and needs physical emotional rest? This shoot is probably brutal, and no worries Lana and Tykwer got this.

duckroll

I hope that's all true. I don't want anything negative to happen to what seems to be such passionate and positive people in the business.

gamz

I hope that's all true. I don't want anything negative to happen to what seems to be such passionate and positive people in the business.

I've followed their career since Bound and there is no way in hell there is any rift between these two. They are basically one mind. Impossible to even imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom