• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 |OT| Tremendous Sea of Love - May 5 on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fine line. She hasn't physically cheated, but mentally she definitely is.
And they would have crossed the line if they had made it to Paris.

I'd say there is a big difference between physical and mental. Pretty much any human being has cheated in their mind. You could argue that it's different for sensibles, but still.

And arranged or not, she doesn't love the man whereas she does love Wolfgang. She should tell Rajan of course and be done with it, which was what she actually planned to do so hopefully that still happens in season 3.

duckroll

I'd say there is a big difference between physical and mental. Pretty much any human being has cheated in their mind.

It's not physical or mental. It's physical or remote. Remote cheating is still cheating. It's really simple to consider - if you are having sexual correspondence with someone other than your significant other via text/email/phone/skype/chat is it cheating? Yes or no?

psyfi

Banned
Whether she's cheating on Rajan or not, I hold zero judgment towards Kala. The thought that she shouldn't be doing what she's doing with Wolfgang never crossed my mind once.

It's not physical or mental. It's physical or remote. Remote cheating is still cheating. It's really simple to consider - if you are having sexual correspondence with someone other than your significant other via text/email/phone/skype/chat is it cheating? Yes or no?

It's emotional infidelity. It's not physical but you're clearly trying to make an emotional connection with someone else.

Bladenic

I'm only on episode 5 but whew the guy who first sucked Lito's dick, damn he was fine. And we meet a super hot South Korean detective with a big ass in the same episode. Damn IT!

I want more Poncho and Dani. Always. I really like Dani's actress, between this and Ingobernable she's my fave Mexican actress at the moment (not that I know any others but still).

Blackhead

Redarse
Mau ®;237626346 said:
I honestly felt this season was very disjointed. Right til' the very end. That 15-minute segment could've been developed for an episode. Instead it was rushed through.

Sun really shined this season. Easily my fave character. Hope S3 is given greenlight...
Same but then she was my fave in S1 too. I'd really like for her deal with brother and regain her company so we can get back boss Sun in a suit. Also hey is it just me or was Sun almost naked all season? Like they were almost reaching Samurai Jack levels in finding ways for her to lose her clothes... probably to balance out Kala who even during sex scenes never wore anything more revealing than a slip lol

What's emotional infidelity?

You're with your partner but youre in love with someone else. You are engaging with the other person while withdrawn emotionally from your partner.

Women usually view emotional infidelity as a more serious violation than physical infidelity. The opposite is usually true for men. A woman who finds reason to flirt/engage with another man is seen as less of a threat than if she were to have a one night stand with him.

Carn82

Man, I wonder how close the cast is. Since they pretty much share every major scene and travel everywhere together.

aBarreras

Same but then she was my fave in S1 too. I'd really like for her deal with brother and regain her company so we can get back boss Sun in a suit. Also hey is it just me or was Sun almost naked all season? Like they were almost reaching Samurai Jack levels in finding ways for her to lose her clothes... probably to balance out Kala who even during sex scenes never wore anything more revealing than a slip lol

im pretty sure it was because is hot on the isolation cell? but yeah ive notice it too

i mean even on the final episode someone rips her clothes off!

I'm seriously considering cancelling Netflix over this one. They've dropped the ball lately with Iron Fist and others. Now cancelling this show is just too much. I might come back for Stranger Things, but we'll see.

Seriously pissed about this one.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seriously considering cancelling Netflix over this one. They've dropped the ball lately with Iron Fist and others. Now cancelling this show is just too much. I might come back for Stranger Things, but we'll see.

Seriously pissed about this one.

It's a super expensive, innovative, incredibly diverse show headed by filmmakers that haven't created a hit anything in over a decade.

They even gave it a second season after the first one flopped.

Its not Netflix's fault. People just don't want original stories apparently.

Catdaddy

Well shit, this was going to be one of our summer series.

Since there is a cliffhanger, is it still worth watching?

An-Det

That's a damn shame, the show is wonderful but fucking expensive. I'm not too surprised it's ended given that, but I was hoping netflix would meet them half way and greenlight a final season.

It's a super expensive, innovative, incredibly diverse show headed by filmmakers that haven't created a hit anything in over a decade.

I could've sworn the first season was a hit

xandaca

That's a huge shame. Hope it at least gets a two-hour special or limited series or something to wrap up, it deserves it.

LotusHD

Banned
I could've sworn the first season was a hit

I never got that impression. Felt very mixed, albeit as we all know, it's the type of show where one might have an easier time overlooking its flaws due to its strengths. Felt that way about the 1st season, same for the 2nd season.

I'm pretty upset it's getting canceled myself, but I'm not that surprised when taking into account how expensive it must've been.

It ended on a cliffhanger. If Netflix is going to create original content, they need to have better methods of communicating so that series can be wrapped up.

Menaged

Well, fuck Netflix.
First The Get Down, now Sense8.
I understand these shows are expensive, but they're truly what makes Netflix unique IMO, and I loved both these shows, especially Sense8.
I'm seriosuly bummed over this :(

Gaz_RB

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Well shit, this was going to be one of our summer series.

Since there is a cliffhanger, is it still worth watching?
It's still a compelling character drama, with interesting ideas and conflicts addressed episode to episode that rely little on a overall story arc.

I'm about a third of the way through S2 and I still want to see how things continue to unfold regardless of whether it has a neat and tidy resolution.

Menaged

Rearding the article I'm even more pissed.
"Sense8 is important, bold bla bla bla".
Then why cancel it?
Kinda want to cancel my subscription, but I doubt it will send any message

Mifune

Mehmber
That's a bummer. Wife and I are two episodes from the end and enjoying it greatly.

I think Netflix has gotten a taste of crazy high viewer numbers with their Marvel shows and is now canning their merely decently performing shows. Especially if they're expensive like this one.

Slayerx

What is actually the point of Netflix now? I thought they had a different approach from regular tv series and even money losing stuff would get a resolution as part of overall value of subscription. What I am getting from this and to a lesser extent Marco Polo is that getting invested in their original content is a mistake...

Menaged

What is actually the point of Netflix now? I thought they had a different approach from regular tv series and even money losing stuff would get a resolution as part of overall value of subscription. What I am getting from this and to a lesser extent Marco Polo is that getting invested in their original content is a mistake...

Yeah, I guess if a show isn't a hit in week 1, it's gonna get cancelled like any other network.

KarmaCow

Fuck. This is one of the most upsetting cancellations in a while. There will always be a sense8 shaped hole in the world now and nothing will be able to fill it. I almost wish I never watched the show at this point. God damn it.

Fuck Netflix for not allowing at least some sort of wrap up.

I'd love to see Hulu pick it up-- they're getting very ambitious in their original content lately...

Bladenic

Haven't finished S2 but I'm already sad the gayest show on tv with some of the hottest dudes isn't gonna exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom