• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 |OT| Tremendous Sea of Love - May 5 on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

What a stupid protest. Sense8 looks like it costs a fortune to produce, so are they going to pay extra to get it back?
Vote with your wallet, it's pretty simple. If you are already paying, you don't have many options, it's not like you can go to Netflix - if you renew Sense8 I pay double to price!

I'll cancel today. After being a longtime customer with no plan to ever take a hiatus, this Sense8 cancellation has disappointed me enough to take a break. And if my cancellation happens to add power to a protest, that's a pleasant coincidence.

And they're removing Futurama next month too. So they're getting rid of my favorite original and my "comfort food" show. Netflix messed up with me. Earn me back.

bAHEaAW.jpg

https://twitter.com/NetflixLifee/status/871078581694234625

sigh 3 out of 4 were legit good show..
marco polo was kinda "okaysh" but i've seen worse show *not* getting axed, so I'm kinda surprised..

nevertheless, I don't understand if netflix realize that a lot of customers might leave..
not specifically for sense8 (far from it, actually), but simply because lately they've dropped the ball :)

For what it's worth, many fans who haven't already are planning to cancel their Netflix subs today (June 12th) in response to the cancellation.
Even if everyone who watched Sens8 canceled their sub today, it would still be less than 1% of subscribers and nothing that would make that much of an impact.

So does Netflix own the rights or could the Watkowski's take the series somewhere else?

I think it'd be cool to see an Animatrix but in the sense8 universe.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So does Netflix own the rights or could the Watkowski's take the series somewhere else?

I think it'd be cool to see an Animatrix but in the sense8 universe.

I think I saw somewhere that Netflix owns the rights. So they'd have to get it back from Netflix.

Shoeless

I'm relieved. Sad that I'll never see what the Wachowskis and JMS intended for the full run of the series, but at least I won't be just left with that cliffhanger.

EulaCapra

Omfg yes! Thank you Sense8 fans and those who went the extra step in harassing Netflix executive's emails!

Hopefully the 2 hours is another yearly tease and NOT closure. The letter certainly reads that way. Cross fingers!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Omfg yes! Thank you Sense8 fans and those who went the extra step in harassing Netflix executive's emails!

Hopefully the 2 hours is another yearly tease and NOT closure. The letter certainly reads that way. Cross fingers!
As long as we get the 'how' of the end of season 2 then I will consider that closure. Two hours wouldn't be enough to wrap up all the plots, so there will likely be an open ended 'where do they go from here' finish to the show, which suits the whole idea of the cluster. I am so glad that we get an actual ending though, and I'm pretty sure it makes sense (no pun intended) for Netflix to have a completed series, financially as well as creatively.

So if they leave the ending of this finale with some lingering questions, and there's no season 3 tease, I will riot.
I won't, but I'll imagine myself doing so.
Don't think they're crazy enough to do that, though.

I wonder, would it maybe be cheaper to just make a couple of Sense8 movies to finish the story instead of multiple 10+ episode seasons? I'd definitely be happy with that on the very slim and unlikely chance Netflix gives this another shot.

zigg

Here's the letter from Lana in full—easier to read here.

Dear Sense8 Family,

I have been meaning to write this letter for some time. The outpouring of love and grief that came in the wake of the news that Sense8 would not be continuing was so intense that I often found myself unable to open my own email. I confess I fell into a fairly serious depression.

I had never worked so hard, or put so much of myself into a project as I had with Sense8 and its cancellation hollowed me out. I felt the disappointment of my amazing crew (I wish people could understand the impossibilities they achieved with implausible regularity.) I felt the sadness of the actors who had given so much of themselves, always finding more when the sun broke from the clouds. But most of all I felt the heartbreak of our fans (again I wish I could cluster with you to share some of the beautiful moments, the hugs, tears and laughter, as well as the insightful and humbling conversations I have had with people who have connected to this show; they are unlike any fans I have ever encountered as an artist).

Friends kept calling from all over the world asking, ‘Isn't there anything you can do?'

And the truth was, no. By myself, there was nothing I could do.

But just as the characters in our show discover that they are not alone, I too have learned that I am not just a me. I am also a we.

The passionate letters, the petitions, the collective voice that rose up like the fist of Sun to fight for this show was beyond what anyone was expecting.

In this world it is easy to believe you cannot make a difference; that when a government or an institution or corporation makes a decision, there is something irrevocable about the decision; that love is always less important than the bottom line.

But here is a gift from the fans of this show that I will carry forever in my heart: while it is often true those decisions are irreversible, it is not always true.

Improbably, unforeseeably, your love has brought Sense8 back to life. (I could kiss every single one of you!)

It is my great pleasure as well as Netflix's (believe me, they love the show as much as we do but the numbers have always been challenging) to announce that there will be another two hour special released next year. After that... if this experience has taught me anything, you NEVER know.

Thank you all. Now let's go find out what happens to Wolfgang.

Lana

I love the tease that we could still get a third season, and that she's characterizing it as "another special" more than a grand finale. I'm not putting a lot of hope into it... but hey.

mantidor

So I'm catching up and I'm at episode 6.

The bullshit I called on the christmas special orgy scene is now confirmed, the whole story of Kala is about her opening up, her emotions towards her husband and Wolfgang, she even has sex with him dressed! thats how shy he is, but then she is ok with a massive orgy? no. It almost feels the orgy was meant to be a final episode kind of scene where it would probably be perfect, but they moved it to the special thinking it would generate buzz, and it sadly backfired.

And new Capheus just... doesn't work. Totally miscast, even when the guy acts the part, his physical presence is nothing like Capheus. Tall, buff, handsome guy? it just doesn't work, not with his storyline, would anyone be surprised he beats up a bunch of guys in season 1?

It's so sad because it has so much potential, when they nail it the really do, there are scenes that have me at the edge of my seat, there are very touching and interesting "dramatic" plotlines like with Kala and Wolfgang, and then there is a 10 minute scene of slow motion dancing that kills any excitement and just makes me roll my eyes. Its a fantastic concept muddled with really bad plot/pace choices.

mantidor

FUCKING CHRIST THAT FINAL EPISODE

I was not wrong, pacing people, those final 20 minutes were everything, but I don't blame anyone who dropped the series before that, 20 final minutes that should have been paced throughout the whole series, this is the meat of the story, and it's fucking insane. Now I'm mad about not getting a third season, but I'm not mad about anyone who dropped the series before the final episode, or with Netflix for that matter, this is entirely the fault of writers, our beloved Wachoski siblings, because they fucked up.

ARRgh, I need a drink.

ZeroFate

Slight bump ahead of the Sense8 "birthday" on the 8th. I'm not getting my hopes up but rumor is the show may be getting a full final season afterall.

Fingers crossed with this. I can see it happening considering all of the cluster are finally in one place, which could reduce the cost per episode dramatically. With all the storylines still going I really can't see them wrapping this up without a full season. Guess we'll see in a couple of days!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Slight bump ahead of the Sense8 "birthday" on the 8th. I'm not getting my hopes up but rumor is the show may be getting a full final season afterall.

Fingers crossed with this. I can see it happening considering all of the cluster are finally in one place, which could reduce the cost per episode dramatically. With all the storylines still going I really can't see them wrapping this up without a full season. Guess we'll see in a couple of days!

God I hope this is true. I don't want to get my hopes up too high but PLEASE PLEASE a full final season.

Honestly, I'm just super happy that the fans were able to get Netflix to do a 2 hour finale. I need to know what happens to Wolfgang.

Geist-

That tweet could mean anything
but I fucking hope that's true.

FUCKING CHRIST THAT FINAL EPISODE

I was not wrong, pacing people, those final 20 minutes were everything, but I don't blame anyone who dropped the series before that, 20 final minutes that should have been paced throughout the whole series, this is the meat of the story, and it's fucking insane. Now I'm mad about not getting a third season, but I'm not mad about anyone who dropped the series before the final episode, or with Netflix for that matter, this is entirely the fault of writers, our beloved Wachoski siblings, because they fucked up.

ARRgh, I need a drink.

Yup. It took them way too long to get to the meat. This show wouldn't have lasted on any network with its current pacing.

It is a shame because I really love the actors, characters, and lore of this show.

Joeku

Don't fuck with my heart, 2017. I can't take this shit.

I'm thinking no way, but who knows. Two hours is certainly not enough time to "put everyone against their fears." Two hours is enough time to deal with Wolfgang and Kala and that's like literally it. You might as well not even have half the characters as the arcs would take too long (Capheus) or have already finished (Lito).

J_Viper

I'm a bit LTTP on this one. I'm seven episodes into episode 7.

I'd consider the first season to be near perfect. The cast, the connecting storylines, the action, the writing, I loved it all.

Season 2 on the flip side is a huge disappointment, at least so far.

I still enjoy all these characters, but their individual storylines (aside from Sun's and Lito's) are just dull this time around. I enjoy Nomi as a character, but her and Amirita's scenes are particularly terrible. That Bug guy is the fucking worst.

The lack of Riley in this season is also a damn bummer.

I also miss the original Van Dam, even though the new guy has grown on me. If the first actor was fired because he didn't wanna take part in that orgy (which felt lazy and rehashed), it wasn't worth it.

But most of all, I'm bored. And when I'm not bored, I'm wincing at how far off the cliff the writing has fallen.

I'm hoping this season picks up during the last four episodes, but I have a feeling it won't.

Once I finished the first season, I was disappointed to know that Netflix had canned the show.

After this season though, maybe it's for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom