• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 |OT| Tremendous Sea of Love - May 5 on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

After nearly two years off the air (700 days!), Sense8 is back with 10 all new episodes beginning Friday, May 5 at 12:01 AM PT. Like the first season, season two of Sense8 consists of 12 episodes - the first 2 episodes are already available in the form of a two-hour Christmas special.

This season has undergone some creative changes, such as Lilly Wachowski stepping down as writer/director/co-showrunner for personal reasons (she will rejoin the show next season) and Aml Ameen (Capheus) being recast with Toby Onwumere due to creative differences, but the reviews are better than ever so it looks like the show hasn't skipped a beat.

Please spoiler tag discussion for the first two weeks, until May 19. Also be sure to label which episode(s) you're discussing.

e.g. Ep 4:
omg I saw Lito's dick!

Sense8 is centered around eight characters, from different parts of the world, who experience a violent vision, and soon find themselves mentally connected by the experience. They become connected, able to see and talk to each other as though they were in the same place, with access to each other's deepest secrets. Not only must the eight adapt to this new ability and to each other, they must figure out why their lives are now in jeopardy.

In Season 2, dark forces continue to track the cluster of eight connected characters. The sensates will learn more about BPO, the secret organization searching for their cluster and others like them, and will work to protect themselves from this organization that is out to hunt and kill them.

Season 2 Official Trailer

Cast

• Doona Bae as Sun Bak
  • Jamie Clayton as Nomi Marks
  • Tina Desai as Kala Dandekar
  • Tuppence Middleton as Riley Blue
  • Toby Onwumere as Capheus
  • Max Riemelt as Wolfgang Bogdanow
  • Miguel Ángel Silvestre as Lito Rodriguez
  • Brian J. Smith as Will Gorski
  • Terrence Mann as Mr. Whispers
  • Naveen Andrews as Jonas Maliki
  • Daryl Hannah as Angelica Turing
  • Freema Agyeman as Amanita
  • Eréndira Ibarra as Daniela
  • Alfonso Herrera as Hernando
  • Max Mauff as Felix
  • Purab Kohli as Rajan Rasal
  • Paul Ogola as Jela
  • Michael X. Sommers as Bug

Promo Photos

OHcIcqA.jpg

5uRbUAR.jpg

z5kG6IE.jpg

Wxja59t.jpg

Reviews

Indiewire said:
“Sense8” may have had a slow start in Season 1, but Season 2 is a hell of a ride. Hold on tight.

We Got This Covered said:
The show’s second season continues to appropriately evolve this year, doing a good job of not only expanding upon--and answering--central questions raised by the end of season 1, but also not being coy with finally explaining the Big Mysteries and introducing new knots for viewers to unravel.

Den of Geek said:
In the end, Sense8 season 2 keeps everything that made its first season successful and takes it up a notch.

jrush64

Banned
What happened with the other Capheus? Why did they replace him?

Also, looking forward to this. S1 was great.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Excited! One of my favorite shows.

An-Det

Hell yeah. Loved Season 1 when it released, and the Xmas special reminded me of everything I enjoyed with it. Glad the wait is almost over.

Sober

The photos of the group all together make me excited. Actually haven't watched the Christmas special yet.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Actually haven't watched the Christmas special yet.

I knew that the Christmas special was basically just the first two episodes of season 2, so I waited until the rest of the season was about to drop before finally jumping in.

I really liked it. It is a bit disjointed and indulgent, but at this point we all know that that's a feature of this series - not a bug. :)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The photos of the group all together make me excited. Actually haven't watched the Christmas special yet.

Watch it now! It's the first two episodes of S2.

It's going to be a long day at work on the 5th. Won't be able to watch until I get home.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Finally!

Totally binge watching this next weekend :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Daily Dot said:
Season 2 is a lot more lively, with tighter pacing and some intriguing forays into the show’s mythology.

For Wachowski fans, season 2 is where Sense8 really comes into its own. It tones down the characteristic Wachowski flaws (dubious racial stereotypes; meandering storytelling) but keeps its sense of unironic enthusiasm.

As a sci-fi thriller blended with a series of unique personal dramas, Sense8 has grown into the show we were promised in 2015. It’s not flawless, and its love of atmospheric montages will not be to everyone’s taste. But if you were even slightly taken in by season 1, the new season is well worth the wait.

!

GKnight

Banned
honestly the orgy scenes make me super uncomfortable.
If I shared a brain with 7 other people I'd probably be trying to avoid their mental gangbangs, or at least be trying to pay as little attention to them as possible.

Thats actually a question I have that I can't determine...
Do the sensates actually hallucinate the presence of the other sensates when they are visiting? Or is that just for the audience and they are only like thoughts in their head?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
honestly the orgy scenes make me super uncomfortable.
If I shared a brain with 7 other people I'd probably be trying to avoid their mental gangbangs, or at least be trying to pay as little attention to them as possible.

Thats actually a question I have that I can't determine...
Do the sensates actually hallucinate the presence of the other sensates when they are visiting? Or is that just for the audience and they are only like thoughts in their head?

I was always under the impression that they actually see each other.

Joeku

Was about to watch that trailer. Thanks for everyone else freaking out so I don't have to.

Holy shit, it's tonight!

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
After watching the first episode, I love the concept of the show and where it might go, I like the money thrown on screen (mostly apparent with the diverse locations), but I have to say--the writing is painfully bad. Does that improve over time?

jb1234

After watching the first episode, I love the concept of the show and where it might go, I like the money thrown on screen (mostly apparent with the diverse locations), but I have to say--the writing is painfully bad. Does that improve over time?

The early episodes are a little rough because of all the setup they have to do. If the show hasn't won you over by the end of episode 4, move on.

The early episodes are a little rough because of all the setup they have to do. If the show hasn't won you over by the end of episode 4, move on.

Yes. I've had 3 friends all give up after the first but I encouraged them to give it another try. They all said the same thing. By #4, they were hooked.

KarmaCow

The first few episodes are the weakest but honestly, no. It's earnest to a fault. It kinda loops back around though since the show is so unrelentingly positive that you can't help but get swept up by it.

valeo

The perfect antidote to today's cynical world.

This show is bursting with fucking hope. It's great. It took me 5 episodes to really warm up to it, but by the end I was on board.

Then I re-watched the entire first season recently and loved it.

The worst part of the show is probably the plot - I stay for the characters. I do miss OG Capheus, but I like the new guy too - the old one had a bit more of a boyish charm.

jb1234

The perfect antidote to today's cynical world.

This show is bursting with fucking hope. It's great. It took me 5 episodes to really warm up to it, but by the end I was on board.

Then I re-watched the entire first season recently and loved it.

The worst part of the show is probably the plot - I stay for the characters. I do miss OG Capheus, but I like the new guy too - the old one had a bit more of a boyish charm.

In this day and age, it's exactly why I love the show. It wears its heart on its sleeve, reminds you that humanity isn't always so bad.

Drain You

Super excited to see more of Wolfgang and Kala, really loved their scenes together.

Also I still watch the "Whats going on" scene from time to time, really enjoyed it.

Edit: Here's the scene. Doesn't really contain spoilers I don't think, but don't click it unless you've already watched season 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BxKpir3JwU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom