• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 |OT| Tremendous Sea of Love - May 5 on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

Seriously can't wait. Watched the Christmas episode two days ago... it was something else. No other show save for The Leftovers maybe grabs me in quite the same way emotionally. I was balling like a little child during various montages and scenes - what makes it special, those were tears of joy. It's absolutely incredible and makes me overlook any flaw with ease. Such unique television.

Bold One

Excited, but new cast member will taking some getting used to.

Van Damm and Doona Bae were my favourite characters - hands down.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Vhyv4Ug.gif

Razmos

There better be Lito dick now you've put that idea in my head

Can't wait to start watching tonight/tomorrow

Goddamn, that speech was epic. So much said in so little words. The worlds problems would all be solved if everyone felt this way about themselves and others. Fuck labels and defining who you are through them!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Two episodes in and so much has happened already holy shit!

(Episode 1 is the Christmas special, so the first episode of this new batch of episodes is #2, etc.)

Episode 3
Sun finally broke out of prison! Fuck yes!

Edit: Episode 4
omg Lito screaming in the museum lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There's a surprising amount of forward momentum so far, for just the first few episodes. Season is hilarious too. Can't wait to binge more tomorrow!

Man, this came back so strong. If the first two episodes are an indication of the rest of the season, holy shit.

And Jesus, I'd watch an entire series about Lito. And his abs.

woolley

I think I might have to skip this. I enjoyed the first season for the most part but I think it might have been too long of a break for me to jump back in. I couldn't make it through the Christmas special and I don't think I'm up for more of those sex scenes, they were too much and unnecessarily long and graphic for my tastes.

Bladenic

I think I might have to skip this. I enjoyed the first season for the most part but I think it might have been too long of a break for me to jump back in. I couldn't make it through the Christmas special and I don't think I'm up for more of those sex scenes, they were too much and unnecessarily long and graphic for my tastes.

I'm still in but yeah basically the show is a bunch of sex and overly long "look how in sync we are during major celebrations/events" scenes stitched together with a thin plot.

But I still like it for its diversity and attractive people and beautiful cinematography

duckroll

Couldn't resist watching the first episode after getting home. Oh man this is SO GOOD. Huge improvement from the Christmas Special, so I guess I should thank that for doing all the heavy lifting in laying out the groundwork for the season proper because that was some great pacing. I fucking <3 this show.

Mifune

Mehmber
Couldn't resist watching the first episode after getting home. Oh man this is SO GOOD. Huge improvement from the Christmas Special, so I guess I should thank that for doing all the heavy lifting in laying out the groundwork for the season proper because that was some great pacing. I fucking <3 this show.

Oh this is good to hear. I found the Christmas special to be really uneven and draggy.

Drain You

Oh man this is good to hear. I wasn't really feeling the Christmas Special. I mean I liked it but it was meh to me.

Edit:
Oh this is good to hear.

Lol, get the fuck out of my head

duckroll

Yeah the Christmas Special definitely felt like something they wanted to put out early to keep momentum going, but this is the real deal. Not that the Christmas Special didn't matter, but yeah... things happen so much faster and is really satisfying right off the bat here. :D

Carn82

good to hear that they picked up the pace. I don't mind slow / plodding series but S1 was testing my limits.

Drain You

I've got the day off today, my girlfriend is going to be so mad when she comes home and finds out I marathoned through most of the second season. Starting it now.

Zalasta

I also didn't love the Special, even though I was really happy it was back after so long. I am relieved to hear that the rest of season 2 is much better :)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Holy shit the first episode is 2 hours.

Do you mean the christmas special?

This is shaping up very nicely. Some big things happen early.

Also I fucking love everything about Lito's storyline. I'm not gay but his partner is fucking ridiculous.

Playsage

Just went through 4 episodes

The cheesier it gets, the more I love this show

Holy smokes, the new italian napoletan neapolitan character

sweating.png

ilikeme

Wow, I've been waiting for this so long and it just snuck up on me! Won't have time to watch today, but I'll be checking it out soon.

In this day and age, it's exactly why I love the show. It wears its heart on its sleeve, reminds you that humanity isn't always so bad.

I agree with all my heart. Bring on the positivity!

partime

Thinking about watching the Christmas episode again, or should I just rewatch season 1?!
I waited a long time for this.

Yeah, so I just finished my wild binge-watching of this season. It's really not the best way to watch if you want to give a serious critique, need a calmer rewatch for that... but I'd say my feelings for now are mostly positive. It's highly binge-able and I really want to see it again (
especially the last episode, holy shit
) so that's good right?

Seriously, get ready for some mind-fucking in the last episode

I love the travel aspect of the show and the characters, but not much else. Can't believe it took like 11 episodes in first season before they finally got to the plot.

Editing seems really weird in the first episode (post Christmas episode). Random, jarring transitions and music choices. Happy there hasn't been an orgy - lets me watch this show in public.

Episode 1 ending was great. Felt good.
Yep. Just finished the first episode proper myself. I stood up and punched the air. God damn love this show.

I don't really have enough free time to binge, hopefully an episode a day.

Slow first season, but with much world building is typical JMS. This tends to give a greater pay off when shit does start happening in later episodes though. See Babylon 5.

KarmaCow

I'm admittedly someone who cares more about the concept of the show and potential it offers but I'm loving how the season is playing out so far. Only on episode 4 and this has a good mix of character moments plus plot that keeps things moving and the characters connected.

Ashhong

Can't wait to watch

I hate the Christmas special for basically shortening this upcoming binge to only 10 episodes :(

I wish they went with someone smaller in build size for Capheus. Really liked that about him, seemed like your average dude. This guy looks like he wouldn't need help fighting

Can y'all follow the rules and say what episode you might be spoilering? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom