• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 S2 |OT| Tremendous Sea of Love - May 5 on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show is soooooooo good holy shit. Seems way more fast-paced.

The amount of very clever humor is really a nice surprise too. I'm on episode 5 and OMG it's too good.

Finished episode five. The pattern they use (slow motion feel good montage followed immediately by whispers showing up) really does feel tired. They do it five times an episode.

OK just finished episode 5 myself, and have loved every minute of this. Yeah bad things happen and there's lots of drama and action, but the vibe I get so far is one of sheer positivity. It just makes me feel so happy. The whole thing is just so interesting.

Not to mention, each episode is like a mini-movie, and the production values seem insane. Love the music choices during episodes, and especially the different songs used during the end credits. I hope this amazingness keeps up till the very end.

Watched ep 2, was thrilled how real it was getting from the word go. And then 10 minutes into ep 3, realized I hadn't seen anything yet. This show is fan-fucking-tastic

Final scene of ep 4:
RIP Jonas.
Please say it isn't true somehow

I love how this show makes me feel. It might not be the most brilliant out there but it's still impressively consistent and it makes me feel and root for the characters like few other do. Feels good to have it back. :)

God I love this show. Something about being connected to others, never being alone... Gives me the warm feelings.
I just paused ep 6 to come to this thread to say the same thing. Sense8 is so incredibly beautiful, and the characters connected to the Eight round out the show so well. Dani, Amanita, Hernando, Felix... and the new faces we see in Capheus' and Sun's stories, they're all so awesome. <3 the side cast:

CeT07ssXEAATsQl.jpg

On Felix specifically, I am enjoying him a lot more than I did previously. Not sure why! Before I found him somewhat annoying a presence on screen, but Max Mauff and Max Riemelt are doing a great job selling their fraternal bond. They seem closer than any non-romantic pairing in the show. Plus, Mauff is p cute. I never noticed before.

max-mauff-0.jpg

I kind of want... to ship them. >_>

Felix-sense8-40127149-500-210.gif

tumblr_oir4kzxRCY1uxikalo1_500.gif

16cf9c4d0ec034551deacf6d2f8ef087.gif

CIOGQWDWUAALs7Y.jpg

Oh god...

I just paused ep 6 to come to this thread to say the same thing. Sense8 is so incredibly beautiful, and the characters connected to the Eight round out the show so well. Dani, Amanita, Hernando, Felix... and the new faces we see in Capheus' and Sun's stories, they're all so awesome. <3 the side cast:

CeT07ssXEAATsQl.jpg

On Felix specifically, I am enjoying him a lot more than I did previously. Not sure why! Before I found him somewhat annoying a presence on screen, but Max Mauff and Max Riemelt are doing a great job selling their fraternal bond. They seem closer than any non-romantic pairing in the show. Plus, Mauff is p cute. I never noticed before.

max-mauff-0.jpg

CIOGQWDWUAALs7Y.jpg

Oh god...

No they totally have a very homoerotic relationship.

Dice//

Banned
Posting after that
prison escape

God I love when it uses multiple mains at the same time. It's cool, it's clever, and I usually have a big goofy smile the whole time like an idiot.

My god, this season is so much better than S1. Each episode just gets better. Ep7 next, I really hope it continues on as strong.

Edit: Dice, use spoiler tags, family.

Mifune

Mehmber
Ep. 2 was a giant step up from the Christmas special. Better paced, better written, more focused. Scenes
between Will and Whispers
were smartly written and brilliantly edited. Before this show premiered folks were talking about what a shitty bland actor Brian J. Smith is but I've gotta say he's doing fine work here. Shoutout to the score this season, too, which seems more nuanced than in the past.

Anyone else notice that novelist David Mitchell (Cloud Atlas) is listed as a consultant now? The lit-geek in me squealed a little when I saw that credit.

- J - D -

3 eps in and I'm already confident saying that this season is better than the first. It's definitely paced better. Writing is still kinda hit-or-miss, but the actors seem to be more comfortable with it.

I just tore through this season. Absolutely devoured it. The ending had me yelling for more.

I love this show. Special shoutout to Lito & Hernando's
beach
scene. &#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;&#128175;

KarmaCow

Episode 6 spoilers

I love how they're handling the other sensates and clusters. The scene with Wolfgang talking to the woman from the other cluster who in turn is being advised by her own cluster not to trust him was so good. Such a tease that hints at a much larger world with people who have already gone through the growing pains that this cluster is struggling with. I want more.

Pkaz01

Up to episode 5 and its crazy good so far, every episode seems like it has a huge impact on the story which is so rare. Especially compared to the first season.

Episode 7: I Have No Room In My Heart For Hate

Slight to moderate spoils, mostly just fangirl squealing.
SunXMun, yaaaaa~sssss!

NftcPdE.png

Ja2BLrB.png

These two have such amazing chemistry. Detective Mun is boyishly charming, inquisitive and his good nature is palpable. His playfulness, even while getting his cute ass beat, is such a stark contrast to how serious and reserved Sun carries herself outside of combat, and how intense and in control she is during a fight. These two are a classic case of opposites attracting, and they compliment each other so freakin' well. They're adorable, and their spar was adorable. Before this episode I would have had a hard time envisioning Sun in any real romantic relationship; She's always been so aloof and felt a little detached from even the cluster. But now? SunXMun, baby.

AND JUST LOOK AT THIS MOTHERFUCKER'S DIMPLES!

0miYjPo.gif

SFyqwA5.gif

Sun is the only person in the cluster who hasn't gotten any action to date. Kala sitting over there with a ceaselessly dedicated, handsome husband and Wolfgang up in her mind doing the Jean Grey/Emma Frost shtick. She's getting real d and psychic d. Wolfie himself can't step two feet without women astral projecting themselves onto his dick. Dude is banging women outside his species, women in his species and inside his cluster and now women in his species and outside his cluster, sometimes simultaneously! The fuck. And motherfuckin Riley and Will! I don't even have a word for what they've got going. They're sexing their own bodies from each others perspective. Seriously, what do you even call that level of freakiness? Caph is slamming in Kenya, Lito's got Hernando in what is the closest thing to a marriage the cluster has seen, with Nomi and Amanita right behind. But Sun? The badass of the group? And who has been through more tragedy and hardship than any of the others? She hasn't gotten shit, romantically or otherwise. So yeah, if this season doesn't end with Detective Mun alive if not outright together with Sun I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Edit: The end of E7, wow. We're on some Lost type shit now.

I absolutely did not expect this show to come back so strong. This has been an amazing few weeks of television.

CeT07ssXEAATsQl.jpg

max-mauff-0.jpg

CIOGQWDWUAALs7Y.jpg

Oh god...

About Felix, after seeing the entire season,
I don't think he had much of a role in it unfortunately... I like him too

Episode 8: All I Want Right Now Is One More Bullet

This episode exemplifies almost everything I cherish about Sense8. It's beautiful, it's hilarious, it's touching. All of this and more, and often at the same time. The cinematography is fucking on point in E8, too, woo doggy.

This shot in particular is my favorite of the episode, and possibly the season till now. It's exceptionally striking and so reminiscent of Nicolas Winding Refn that one almost expects to see Ryan Gosling drifting into the scene the next moment.
(barely spoilerish image below)
XBrir3e.png

Beyond this moment, the entire start to the episode has been fantastic. Lito and Sun continue to relentlessly dominate every scene they're in, and the rich family dynamic of Lito's home life in particular is so compelling that I've found myself rewatching scenes just to enjoy more of Hernando and Dani.

I am amazed at how quickly this episode has me transitioning from laughing out loud at Lito (while feeling his pain as a LGBTQ person myself) to going "wtfuuuuuuu" in suspense the next. The pace of each of S2's eps has been so goddamn good, and the sequence below might be the biggest "shit just got REAL" moment of the season for me.

Exceptionally spoilerish images follow :
tSQRXol.png

LxAXfcY.png

sn9Nu7y.png

"Bring it, bitch." I said YES MA'AM, Ms. Kala. I would have thought Wolfie to be the one dropping bad ass lines if not Sun. But nope, it's Kala with her gangster face on. This is some XMEN vs Brotherhood of Mutants type shit! SO HYPE!

Taking a break, then I'm on to the last few episodes. I think it's safe to say S2 kicks the shit out of S1 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom