• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 |OT| First there was One, now there are Eight - Netflix - *S1 spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So glad to have this back, even for just 2 hours for now. Trailer looks awesome.

RDreamer

The fiance and I got into this last week or so. On episode 8 and it's so ridiculously good. I can't even comprehend it getting a negative reception. One of my favorite shows in a while so far.

duckroll

So 10 episodes next year, does that mean the Xmas Special technically counts as 2 episodes? Whatever, it's looking great and I can't wait to watch it! :D

RDreamer

Just finished this tonight and I freaking loved it. One of my favorite seasons of a show ever. Really looking forward to more with the Christmas Special and Season 2.

Saraluna

Neo Member
Just finished the Christmas Special this morning. This show really can do no wrong for me, but this Special was next-level entertaining and wonderful. I adore the cast and their characters!

Keihart

Not really a fan of the show besides of Sun Bak, Wolfgang and maybe Vandamn, but specially Sun Bak. Such a cool character, i really get hooked every time she is on screen.

There are good moments with every member of the cluster but the show lingers too much on boring meaningless stuff. Like 5 minute long sex escenes, music escenes or even something that felt like an hour long watching every character being born.

It needs some seriious editing, those moments are not even good for the mood or tone of the episode.

I'll keep watching season 2, but it seems that this issues are not adressed, the first chapter is 2 hours long with hardly any development ...sigh.

but yeah, i love Sun Bak, she's so freaking cool.

Big Nikus

There are good moments with every member of the cluster but the show lingers too much on boring meaningless stuff. Like 5 minute long sex escenes, music escenes or even something that felt like an hour long watching every character being born.

I like those scenes. Usually during sex scenes I'm bored outta my mind but I find them so crazy, intense and fun in this show that I wouldn't want to see them go. The birth scene was insane.

Just watched the first two episodes. The pilot was a real slog. Hoping the pace picks up.

It does.

My brother finally watched the show. He only watched the first episode last year and he found it boring and didn't watch the rest. I told him to give it another chance, he watched the first one again and for some reason this time it clicked. He binged through the whole season in two days and now it's one of his favorite shows ever. He's kind of a misanthrope so it was nice to hear that it had an impact on him.

someday

Banned
Just watched the first two episodes. The pilot was a real slog. Hoping the pace picks up.
I almost dropped the show during the first few episodes. Then, it all changed and I was hooked. Really glad I stuck with it.
I like those scenes. Usually during sex scenes I'm bored outta my mind but I find them so crazy, intense and fun in this show that I wouldn't want to see them go. The birth scene was insane.

Same here. I'm not sure what it is but I love the group scenes, regardless of what they are. I'm not one who gets off on sex scenes usually but something about their connected-ness or whatever make the scenes less filler-y. I do just love the plot, how these 8 people are linked, and so the sex and fight scenes are just really cool and can only work in a show like this.

Keihart

Concept wise is awesome i agree, my problem with it is more about execution and editing.

Fights are pretty on point most of the time when this happens, the birth escene and the sex escenes not so much in my view. There are other moments when things linger more than necesary even on plot points, wich makes me think it has something to do with direction.

They really remind me that long ride on the jeep with skullface on MGSV, it doesn't makes sense, it makes me wonder why is this still going on.

Dany

Banned
Fights are pretty on point most of the time when this happens, the birth escene and the sex escenes not so much in my view. There are other moments when things linger more than necesary even on plot points, wich makes me think it has something to do with direction.

Oh the birth scene was one of my favorites. Along with the sex scenes, it oozes sensuality.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Concept wise is awesome i agree, my problem with it is more about execution and editing.

They really remind me that long ride on the jeep with skullface on MGSV, it doesn't makes sense, it makes me wonder why is this still going on.
I had my issues with the politics of the birth scene but the execution was excellent. I love the expanded group scenes where we get most if not all the characters interacting. It's kind of the soul of the show, the connection between the disparate group of people. The rest of the plot is almost just window dressing, I would almost watch a documentary shot in this style.

Vic_Viper

Just found out about this show after watching Speed Racer and wondering what the Wychowski's were up to lately. How is the show? Does it take a few episodes to start to get good or is the first episode a good judge for if ill like it or not? Is it better or worse than Heroes when it first aired?

gamz

Just found out about this show after watching Speed Racer and wondering what the Wychowski's were up to lately. How is the show? Does it take a few episodes to start to get good or is the first episode a good judge for if ill like it or not? Is it better or worse than Heroes when it first aired?

The show is amazing if you get on it's wavelength. If you don't like it after ep 4 then you won't like it. That's what I typically tell people.

Ashhong

Just binged the first season and really like the show. It isn't perfect but the concept is unique and really holds your attention. The birth scenes were a bit much IMO but what can you do. Sucks that Van Damme was replaced, I liked that guy.

edit: i dont fully understand what happened with Will after seeing the Whisper and now in the special. Does he have to stay on drugs so the Whisper guy cant find him? Is the Whisper guy capable of infiltrating any sensate just by looking at him? Is that what he did to Sayid?

Mifune

Mehmber
Just binged the first season and really like the show. It isn't perfect but the concept is unique and really holds your attention. The birth scenes were a bit much IMO but what can you do. Sucks that Van Damme was replaced, I liked that guy.

They certainly are a bit much but then the whole show is a bit much. And in my opinion it's that go-for-broke quality that makes it so compelling. No half measures, no subtlety, just full on emotional cinematic excess. It's complete sensory overload with a great big beating heart.

Loved season 1. Still gotta watch the Christmas Special. Cannot wait for s2 as well. The Watch fam, you done good. >:) SPOILERS UNTAGGED below if you have not

Wolfgang is a fucking boss. My God, What. A. Man! <3 His line about when you made a big mistake, you either live with it or fix it. Really resonated with me especially since I fucked up in a major way recently. :\ The way he kills his his cousin is all sorts of badass lol, Leto being the hype man next to him just made it so much fucking better. Him and Son got like 90% of the badass scenes with Will getting the scraps. Hope his bro is ok for next season.

Riley. What a fucking babe. Whenever I thought things can't get any worse for her, they got worse smh. I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her it's aight. Man, she had it rough... Happy that she finally got together with Will at the end, these two deserve each other. :')

Will's story seems like it has the biggest connection to the main storyline, and I'm guessing that young girl has something to do with it. He was awesome, even though he screwed up in the beginning. I was annoyed he got suspended for basically nothing. I feel bad for him seeing Whispers though. You know that is going to get one of the squad killed in s2.

Son is a walking aura of badass. What a woman. :eek: What a huge difference to her bitch made brother whose a reprehensible excuse of a human being. Loved every second of her beating the living hell out of him. He needs to be in jail and raped by s2.

Lito killed me. Dug the 3 way squad they have. Disappointed he let her friend go to Joaquin, but he finally up for it. It's hilarious that he acts in telenovelas ans his entire story was basically a telenovela. When he finally went to get her back, he threw the cig all dramatic, I was dying because it was both hilarious and badass. When he was flirting with the girl at the end, I was dying and was like Nomi and Will just impressed by his skills. When he said sex to Will, I was laughing out loud. Best hype man when Wolf went all in on his cousin.

VAN DAMME. Dug his story and progress. Curious to see if he will stay in Africa or head towards Europe or the States in s2. He kind of got away with everything and his life was in danger throughout a ton of s1. He also has good taste in action movies, I too watched a ton of his movies when I was younger.

Kala was allright. Not bad or great. I really liked her interactions with Wolfgang, esp when he shows up in the bed and they're talking for the first time. :D I feel like she will be more useful to the overall story in the future. She will be figuring what is in their body that makes them different from normal humans. Can't blame her from picking from either guy though. But a girl's gotta make a decision.

Nomi was legit annoying as fuck for the first 2/3rd of the season. I felt bad when she was crying initially but by cry #231231, I started shaking my head. She got a lot better towards the end when she became more proactive and turned into Mr Robot. It looks like Will & her are going to be the most resourceful in terms of figuring this rabbit hole storyline that involves them.

So yeah, bring me season 2.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 2 starts next week!

I assume GK86 was planning on doing the OT, but he's banned, so someone else will have to take the reigns unless he's going to be unbanned before next week. Any takers?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just finished binging Season 1.

Yo what the fuck .. why the fuck did they recast Van Damme in season 2 ? The actor was GREAT !

jb1234

Yo what the fuck .. why the fuck did they recast Van Damme in season 2 ? The actor was GREAT !

Behind the scenes drama, apparently (which understandably, no one involved wants to talk about). I think you'll come around on the new guy. He does a great job and I now see him as the definitive Van Damme.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Yeah it really sucks, especially for a show that really relies on its group dynamic. Can't say I ever got used to the new Van Damme, could never shake the feeling that he was an imposter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom