• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Narcos Season 3 |OT| Going Back to Cali - Netflix 9/1

Gorillaz

Not a good look

Would be interesting if they reconsider because of it. Especially since
pena
still went back to columbia more so then mexico

but mexico is still the future so interesting

hawk2025

Not a good look

Would be interesting if they reconsider because of it. Especially since
pena
still went back to columbia more so then mexico

but mexico is still the future so interesting

Two things:

1) It's Colombia.
2) The exact opposite -- it only makes the story more important to tell.

LogicStep

Amazing season. Can't wait for the next one. Cool to see how some of the Cali actors looked so similar to their real life counterparts. Like Chepe (shout out to a great Portuguese actor). Idk why, but one of the people I found the most scary was David. Always felt like he was going to lose his cool and do something crazy.

I just finished season 3 which was awesome. Started out a bit weak for me, but it ended up good. David was my most hated character, guy was a complete piece of shit.

Can't wait to see what they do with the next season.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This was a great season. Jorge Salcedo was a really good character. One of the few who had a conscience in all 3 seasons. The tension was much greater this season than the previous seasons. More twists as well.

Just finished this, personally I thought this was the best season. Just a great, tightly written package and the last couple of episodes was some of the most tense shit i've seen from a television series. The godfathers weren't as compelling as Wagner Moura's portrayal of Pablo, but they were still pretty good. Chepe and Pacho in particular were great. I couldn't stop cheering when
David and his pals got clipped in the drive by.

Pascal was great in this and I hope he comes back even if they have to fictionalize it, I like the comparisons his character has with Eliot Ness. :)

Finished season 3.

Narcos is definitely my favorite active show on TV along with Game of Thrones. I really like that Narcos is taking The Wire approach with the story telling. Yes Narcos isn't quite as deep as The Wire but I like how it changes its focus and shines a light on something new each season with significant cast changeover. Very few shows are bold enough to do that.

Escobar was such an amazing character, it's hard to top that. Probably season 2 is my favorite, but season 3 is right up there. Jorge was a great character and I was rooting for him the whole time. Pepi and Pacho were also great "villains".

I think my only criticism of season 3 is that it felt a little "small" compared to the first two seasons. Seasons 1 & 2 the action took place over a wide variety of locations. For some reason in season 3, the last 4-5 episodes it felt like we were just watching Miguel in various tower penthouses. There was still a lot of tension, but the action just felt more small scaled compared to the prior seasons. But that probably has to do more with the Cali Cartel trying to keep a low profile for the most part while Escobar was an outright terrorist bombing airplanes and buildings.

Not sure if posted, but found a read about the facts vs reality of this season:
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017...e-is-it-cali-cartel-javier-pena-steve-murphy/

Really interesting stuff.

The major one is an lol:

According to Biography.com, ”DEA agents Javier Peña and Steve Murphy were lead investigators in the manhunt for Colombian drug kingpin, Pablo Escobar." However, the real Pena wasn't actually involved in the pursuit of the Cali Cartel.

”The show is taking liberty with Pena's involvement in the dismantling of Cali," reported The Hollywood Reporter. ”The real DEA agent left Colombia in October of 1994 and indicated that he was not involved in the hunt for the Cali player."

brawly

The Pacho dance might be my favorite scene from a tv show. Just incredible.

I'm almost through. By far my favorite season.

Paganmoon

6 episodes in, liking it so far.

That Salcedo guy, when he was speaking English, I had to do a double take. "That guy fucking sounds Swedish..." had to stop the show and check IMDB, sure enough, born in Stockholm haha. God damn it can be so easy to spot at times :)

Edit: Also pretty cool they've got both Colin Farrell and Wil Wheaton parts, didn't know they could speak Spanish so well.

Fjordson

Been binging this over the past few weeks and it's such a great show, not sure why I didn't jump on this sooner.

On S3 now and I'm enjoying it a lot still. Not sure any one character can match Wagner Moura's presence, but the Cali cartel together is a solid antagonist. Especially Pacho and Pepe. And Salcedo is a really interesting character as well.

Wish Murphy wasn't gone, but at least we still have Pedro Pascal. Really love him in this after only knowing him from Game of Thrones.

Donos

Didn't expect it but S3 was damn good.Like really really good.
Understanding spanish really gives it another layer of awesomeness. Chapeau to the people who cast all the guys. Outstanding performances while some of them even looked pretty close to the real ones.

Only tiny nitpick was how easily (mid season spoiler]
Feistl and buddy followed Pallomari to the hideout of Gilberto Rodriguez.

Special shoutout to corny Navegante.

JesseZao

Last episodes were so tense!

I think season 3 is my favorite for the whole cast. I'm riding the high, though. All of the seasons have been great.

Looking forward to Mexico.

Top Bottom