• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Narcos Season 3 |OT| Going Back to Cali - Netflix 9/1

Eidan

There's a lot to Colombia's history with the drug trade. I'm glad the show is expanding beyond just covering Escobar. And i'm especially glad Murphy is gone. This should've been Pedro Pascal's show from the start.

pitchfork

Can't wait to get started on S3! really wanna try and stick to 2 eps a week to make it last but will probably fail miserably and binge over the next week : (

BobLoblaw

Banned
Just saw that it's out. Gonna start my binge in an hour or so. :) It sounds like the show hasn't dropped off at all.

Edit: Review on CNN
Throughout, "Narcos" remains tense -- almost unbearably so at times -- bleak and disturbing, the prevailing theme and main connective tissue being that authorities are ultimately playing an elaborate game of Whac-a-Mole, meaning that decapitating one drug honcho will, in this case, simply sprout four more.

...the third season of "Narcos" has demonstrated that it's capable of reloading, recasting and, dramatically speaking, delivering the same high.

Haines

Banned
People who do t watch this show are sleeping harder than the rocks abs

Im curious to see how it is without expscobar but i bet its good and a breAth of fresh air

MobiusHuan

Neo Member
Watched three episodes in a row. I thought they were amazing, honestly. I did not remember how much I missed this show, and this season feels different yet familiar. All the Cali "leaders" are well-developed, interesting characters. Pacho Herrera is definitely the strongest one so far, but Chepe Santacruz is terrific too.

Also, Peña as the main character is awesome. I did like Murphy but Pascal's character is on a league of its own when it comes to charisma.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is Netflix not working for anyone else at the moment?

dabig2

Just finished watching episode 1 - fuck yeah! Any misgivings about how this show would move forward without Pablo have been answered. I'm already hooked. Washed the GoT bullshit smell right off.

I wish HBO had done this with Boardwalk Empire. How many of us wanted a "gangsters" spinoff following Luchiano and Meyer and all the rest after them, but alas, it would have costed too much money.

So I'm happy that Narcos is rectifying that itch - it doesn't have to end with your initial principal characters. There are so many assholes to chronicle in our history. So many stories to tell.

tim.mbp

Watched the first 4 episodes so far. Things seem to be moving really fast. Really like Matias Varela. Great addition to the show.

Six episodes in and this show simply does not disappoint.

So for 3/3 on seasons for me to be honest, sign me the fuck up for S4.

M.W.

Just finished the season. Pretty good without Escobar, can't wait for season 4.

Just finished, da fuck?

Watched episode 1 tonight, it was stupendous. I loved seasons 1 and 2 and this is off to a thrilling start. I should finish this up in a few months.

dabig2

I just wanna say, I'm 10 minutes into episode 3, and I'm already wilding out just on some of the guest appearances here.
Abernathy from Westworld, Aaron Pierce 24, Donna from Halt and Catch Fire and fucking Lito from Sens8!!!!! Oh, and C.R.E.A.M montage via Wu-tang clan!!!

Shiiiiiiiiiit, I love you Netflix

kevin1025

Banned
I just wanna say, I'm 10 minutes into episode 3, and I'm already wilding out just on some of the guest appearances here.
Abernathy from Westworld, Aaron Pierce 24, Donna from Halt and Catch Fire and fucking Lito from Sens8!!!!! Oh, and C.R.E.A.M montage via Wu-tang clan!!!

Shiiiiiiiiiit, I love you Netflix

I wish I could get there, I'm only in season two. Damn you, eyes/time! Go faster!!

ronco2000

After box of pizza, a liter of soda and 10 hours later, I finished S3. I would say it's the best season out of the three. I was on the edge of my lazyboy in each episode.

dabig2

I wish I could get there, I'm only in season two. Damn you, eyes/time! Go faster!!

Oh, and 10 minutes further in and we get (character apperance spoiler)
NEWMAN aka Wayne Knight

I'm wilding out of control atm. I'm sure some of my extracurricular activities help in that, but I'm loving the characters right now - all of them.

I saved the final episode of season 2 for tonight after binging S2 in like a day last year, but S3 so far seems worth the effort to get to it asap if you can.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh, and 10 minutes further in and we get (character apperance spoiler)
NEWMAN aka Wayne Knight

I'm wilding out of control atm. I'm sure some of my extracurricular activities help in that, but I'm loving the characters right now - all of them.

I saved the final episode of season 2 for tonight after binging S2 in like a day last year, but S3 so far seems worth the effort to get to it asap if you can.

All of these cast additions sound too good to be true, haha. I love everything I'm reading!

HariKari

Five episodes in, Jorge is the MVP. And I like how they made Miguel the sympathetic one
right up until the end of episode 5, damn.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Loving the praise that I'm hearing, like many have expressed, I had my doubts that the show could thrive without Pablo.

Jumeira

Banned
Can't wait to watch, I loved S1 & 2, really gripping stuff, I applaud Netflix for not being afraid to keep the authenticity with dialogue, I enjoy seeing local Columbians speaking Spanish to each other then switching to English only when they need to, they haven't dumbed it down. I was about to watch S3 last night but my Mrs was interested so it was a good opportunity to rewatch S1. So will get through both seasons before I pick up S3, the show is so good, Pablo, as horrible as he was, is a genius, I know it's not right but he's such a charismatic criminal, hard not to be amazed at the audacity of his work. And setting up the foundation of this trade.

Nyx

Going to a music festival today which means I'll spend a day on the couch tomorrow. Perfect time for a binge of Narcos S3. :)

Jorge made this season worth it for me. It was a very different tone and show this season but it was not a bad thing, still a pretty solid show IMO.

Any news from Netflix, are they going to continue this show?
is Mexico really next?

jett

D-Member
Finished watching. It takes a bit to set up the new main characters but once it gets going it's the same nonstop Narcos tension as before. This show is as extremely well-made as always and just as entertaining.

It's amazing how well this show goes on without Pablo

It has a very different feel but is still just as tense. I think Jorge is probably my favorite character in the whole show

This show is so fucking stylish

Also
El Señor de Los cielos
up in this motherfucker.

It's amazing how well this show goes on without Pablo

It has a very different feel but is still just as tense. I think Jorge is probably my favorite character in the whole show

At ep3 right now Pacho is that dude.

HariKari

Finished it up. Amazing. Old characters return, new ones are fantastic, season is tightly written and there isn't a single bad episode.

Oh man, E10
when Jorge kills Navegante, so fucking hype. Thought he was going to have to sacrifice himself.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Man, that ninth episode yo

NbD8l1g.gif

Top Bottom