• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheyes

I don't understand how when Chang was discovered to be a FAKE teacher, all they had to do was bring in a real one to give them an exam.

But when their Biology professor quits and disappears, even though he was a REAL teacher, they suddenly need to retake the whole class during the Summer.

Can someone explain this one? What gives?

A wizard did it.

gabbo

I don't understand how when Chang was discovered to be a FAKE teacher, all they had to do was bring in a real one to give them an exam.

But when their Biology professor quits and disappears, even though he was a REAL teacher, they suddenly need to retake the whole class during the Summer.

Dan Harmon was playing a long con and forgot?

bndadm

I perfer to think the Dean was just looking to have the study group around more so he made that up to have them around during summer. Granted I'm just making stuff up here, but it sounds good.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Season 1 had Anthony Michael Hall, Jack Black.... um...

Season 3 had that guy from The Wire and that guy from Breaking Bad and John Goodman and French Stewart and can we count the guy from Scrubs? (How big do you have to be?)

Mariolee

Season 1 had Anthony Michael Hall, Jack Black.... um...

Season 3 had that guy from The Wire and that guy from Breaking Bad and John Goodman and French Stewart and can we count the guy from Scrubs? (How big do you have to be?)

You mean the guy from SNL? Taran Killam? I'd say 200 lb seems to be the standard for guest stars.

LakeEarth

Season 1 also had Owen Wilson, Tony Hale (Buster from Arrested Development). Patton Oswalt has shown up in both season 1 and 2 as Nurse Jackie. Katharine McPhee.

Just saw Chevy in an Old Navy commercial. He must really need the cash lol.

In 2003, I was in Turkey and commercials for a Turkish cola were running with him in it. There's a whole series of commercials where drinking the cola turns you Turkish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YsrKy2z2T8

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
You mean the guy from SNL? Taran Killam? I'd say 200 lb seems to be the standard for guest stars.
I don't watch SNL. All I know is Keenan Thompson is on it now and he's possibly the only cast member now because I don't remember anyone else so I assume it's just him all by himself playing every part.

Actually, I'd kind of enjoy watching SNL if that's what it was. If they got Kel Mitchell on the show too. Then it'd be perfect. Aw here it goes!

What were we talking about again?

Season 1 also had Owen Wilson, Tony Hale (Buster from Arrested Development). Patton Oswalt has showm up in both season 1 and 2 as Nurse Jackie.
Oh, and let's not forget the biggest one. The 6 Million Dollar Man himself.

gabbo

"Are you playing Pierce?" And we've crossed over.

I don't suppose the episodes Chevy isn't in could take place in the evil time line where he's been dead since the beginning of season 3?

alba

Little is the new Big
We need him in this show as well. Make it happen, Pierce's funeral!

TsNQV.jpg

That would be the greatest thing in the history of the world. Make it happen!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Been watching through the show again lately as I do all the time and am in season 3 again and am finally watching my DVD's. Noticed somethings I didn't notice when I watched it on TV..

In the "Todd Problem" episode when Chang and the Dean are doing voiceovers while the security guy is talking, Chang's voice was coming out of my rear left speaker and the Dean's was coming from the rear right. Instead of all being merged together and hard to make out when I watched it originally. Really neat.

Also, something also audio related that somehow I didn't hear the first time. In the Timeline episode, in the timeline where Britta is in the bathroom and Troy is in there too you can hear an ambulance pass by. In a later timeline when Jeff and Annie are in the bathroom because Britta is getting the pizza, you hear the same ambulance. Really neat little touch there. Adds to the layers the episode already has.

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Wikipedia has episode titles for a few episodes for season 4. Spoilered for safety, but see if you can figure out the plots...

72 1 "
History 101
" (Not Physics like I had thought? Guess this is the class they are taking this year. I wonder who the teacher will be.)
73 2 "
Paranormal Parentage
"
76 5 "
Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations
"
77 6 "
Economics of Marine Biology
"
78 7 "
Herstory of Dance
"
84 13 "
Advanced Introduction to Finality
" (Series finale or season finale? That much is to be found out)

Shaneus

Been watching through the show again lately as I do all the time and am in season 3 again and am finally watching my DVD's. Noticed somethings I didn't notice when I watched it on TV..

In the "Todd Problem" episode when Chang and the Dean are doing voiceovers while the security guy is talking, Chang's voice was coming out of my rear left speaker and the Dean's was coming from the rear right. Instead of all being merged together and hard to make out when I watched it originally. Really neat.

Also, something also audio related that somehow I didn't hear the first time. In the Timeline episode, in the timeline where Britta is in the bathroom and Troy is in there too you can hear an ambulance pass by. In a later timeline when Jeff and Annie are in the bathroom because Britta is getting the pizza, you hear the same ambulance. Really neat little touch there. Adds to the layers the episode already has.

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Wikipedia has episode titles for a few episodes for season 4. Spoilered for safety, but see if you can figure out the plots...

72 1 "
History 101
" (Not Physics like I had thought? Guess this is the class they are taking this year. I wonder who the teacher will be.)
73 2 "
Paranormal Parentage
"
76 5 "
Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations
"
77 6 "
Economics of Marine Biology
"
78 7 "
Herstory of Dance
"
84 13 "
Advanced Introduction to Finality
" (Series finale or season finale? That much is to be found out)
I bet I know which one George Costanza Jason Alexander is in.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Hey. So anyways. I was Googling record leng-- I mean I was cleaning out my YouTube Subscriptions list and got to Lazy Game Reviews when I found a review of a program from 1997 or so called "Microshaft Winblows 98" from a company called Parroty Interactive. Since I owned this program as well as their other silly stupid parodies back then I watched the review and well what do you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lyfqUDFe0A

One of the "stars" of the "game" is played by Fake Moby himself, J.P. Manoux.

Needless to say my mind was Winblown. Just thought it was interesting.

(The program itself is interesting to look back at now 15 years later when the entire technology world has been pretty much inverted on itself.)

If anyone else fancies make OT4, it's all yours. The only reason I wanna make it at this point is to choose the title ("vh1, BttF Part 2, Robocop 3, Community Season 4 |OT|"), but I don't see me doing as good a job seeing as I kinda don't give a shit at this point.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
If anyone else fancies make OT4, it's all yours. The only reason I wanna make it at this point is to choose the title ("vh1, BttF Part 2, Robocop 3, Community Season 4 |OT|"), but I don't see me doing as good a job seeing as I kinda don't give a shit at this point.

Clever, but I vote for:

"Community Season 4 |OT| The center slice of a square cheese pizza"

I would make the OT but I'd need, well, everything.. if only snesfreak were here.

Shaneus

I've just had an idea. They need to do another music class-based episode and find a way to write Reggie Watts in there. He looks just like what I imagine mature-aged students to look like.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Community Season 4 |OT| October 19th is the center slice of a square cheese pizza in our hearts.
Another good one. So who is going to make it when the time comes? Medalion did this one. Phonciple Bone did the second season. I guess it just matters who has the content. I never made an OT so I wouldn't even know where to start. We still have time though. October 19th is still a few weeks away.

Quick

Banned
Like I said, I'm willing to help out if you want to make it. Mariolee also wants to do it, same goes to him if he needs help.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I still like the VH1, BTTF 2, Robocop 3, Community Season 4 |OT| idea. Fucking perfect.
I would think it would confuse people searching for threads about BTTF or Robocop. I like it being the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Because its delicious, just like the show. And not bland at all. In my Abed eyes it's the perfect title.

Unless we can think of a pun on the name of a known guest star. Like Malcom McDowell.

Or maybe "Community Season 4 |OT| KITTENS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom