• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien reviews Resident Evil 6

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's a PC version in the works down the line right? It looks muddy and predictable. I don't want to see more but it looks better than RE4/5 already though. At least in terms of setting.

The last I heard of Resident Evil 6, capcom said they would go back and work on it again for a few years, and bring the series back to its roots.

Then i see this thread.

Capcom......with all due respect....fuck you.

0193_wlqq6.gif

8FsNt.jpg

Working Designs collector's edition Leon doll confirmed.

Tmdean

Banned
Capcom may be rethinking having Conan do it, but hey, at least they got the word out of this game to public.

I don't know, I think this is really good press. Obviously they make a lot of jokes but I was surprised at how much Conan seemed to enjoy the game.

alf717

That was entertaining. I didn't know Conan was doing game reviews. Going to have to look the other ones up.

Heysoos

haha. That was pretty funny. I've loved most of the video game oriented segments Conan has done. The whole Halo 4 voice recording session was pretty great.

Derrick01

Banned
That was pretty funny. What I thought was even more amusing is as bad as he is as a player he couldn't make the game look any worse than it already has when professionals were playing.

Raxus

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Seriously, I was laughing when Conan was poking fun of how ridiculous Umbrella was. I was thinking "Dude, you don't even know the half of it."

That and the lobster zombies and type C virus. Hell even I can't keep up with RE's story anymore.

Also got a good laugh at Zombie President getting re-elected based on the number of infected.

It's funny seeing non-gamers play these hardcore games and pointing out things that are so obvious yet so true like why he can't go past a wooden chair despite being a gun-toting badass, why he keeps saying the same shit again and again to the girl and she keeps responding the same back, how he keeps bumping into her and she does nothing. These types of observations and character vs. character interactions seem like obvious flaws but they're so apt. I don't think we'll see it get much better until AI vastly improves, what do you think...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't be the only one who thinks this game looks shockingly mediocre.

After Biohazard 5? Nope, you ain't the only one. I was on that train once
Wesker died in a volcano
. At that moment I knew Capcom was going down the shitter and taking Biohazard fans with them. Operation Turd City just sealed that feeling. So I'm completely apathetic about Bio6. DOS ANIMATIONS aren't helping that feeling become better.

Beth Cyra

The Capcom PR guy was way more offensive then anything in the game to me.

Has some animation problems, but I'm still very excited and Conan did seem like he had a good time overall. Will watch again for him shooting down shitty PR dudes who do awful things like say how good the player is over and over again.

Fuck I remember GFW radio making fun of that shit years ago and then they have someone do it on national tv.

I can't be the only one who thinks this game looks shockingly mediocre.

The graphics look really bad and the colors really muted, lots of brown and lack of color. Game literally looks like crap. I'm still getting it tho because 5 was really fun.

The Capcom PR guy was way more offensive then anything in the game to me.

Has some animation problems, but I'm still very excited and Conan did seem like he had a good time overall. Will watch again for him shooting down shitty PR dudes who do awful things like say how good the player is over and over again.

Fuck I remember GFW radio making fun of that shit years ago and then they have someone do it on national tv.

I think the guy is a member of Conan's staff or a friend of his who plays games cause he's there for the other reviews as well, which aren't Capcom games.

Riposte

That's was pretty great. Probably the best one Conan has done of these. Who's the guy who was sitting with him?

They seem to be using a weird animation system for the thumbs-up which make the arm animate separate from the body. Hilarious lol. You can recreate in real life by being completely still and moving your entire arm erratically.

Beth Cyra

The graphics look really bad and the colors really muted, lots of brown and lack of color. Game literally looks like crap. I'm still getting it tho because 5 was really fun.

I think the guy is a member of Conan's staff or a friend of his who plays games cause he's there for the other reviews as well, which aren't Capcom games.

Hmm then he plays the part very well and I owe the man an apology (never watched Conan reviewing games before this) so my bad to Conan and his partner there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

the colors are definitely screwed up in the video.

Noticing a lot of screen tearing. The thumbs up animation is awkward. The arm just move entirely on its own. His review scale cracks me up.

joedick

I love that Clueless Gamer is being used for PR. I wonder if Capcom made them cut some jokes out? Regardless, that was a lot of fun.

hachi

Banned
Conan is hilarious, but good god the game is looking horrible here.

- Conan making a joke about how he's a badass with a gun and can't get past a few wooden chairs on the ground. He has no idea how right he is

It's amusing how quickly someone unaccustomed to the medium will recognize these design absurdities we've come to ignore.

Vire

I hope he does more of these.

I loved the Skyrim and Minecraft ones.

Hilarious stuff, "cool guy with gun blocked by small folding chairs..."

And that is the genius of Conan O'Brien. Guy knows absolutely nothing about gaming and yet his videogame segments are more entertaining to gamers than any other show's.

The fact that he is now getting exclusive first reviews of big titles makes this all the more hilarious.

Top Bottom