• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien reviews Resident Evil 6

contrast that animation with rifle reload from RE4

can't brute force talent

OK.

ieihsurkDHp8E.gif

ibaKja2eZAgdOc.gif

Oh man that was great.

I really hope he gets an early copy of Halo 4.
On one hand, oh God no. Please don't. Because I'll never be able to look at the game the same way again after Conan's through with it.

On the other hand, if they film a segment in the serious style of the 'making of' vidocs we've seen so far it could be hilarious.

AlexBasch

Were those gestures in the demo? I don't recall ever using them at all.

What was wrong with just nodding and saying "thank you" to the partner? Oh well.

Colocho

Banned
How come it looks (a lot) worse than RE5? not only that, but it looks as generic as they come, at least RE5 had some of that RE4 feel. this looks like a random shooter with zombies thrown in the mix. Hopefully I'm wrong.

ErikB

Banned
Is it worth mentioning that you can do the praise/thank/whatever animations while moving, which is probably why only the arm moves?

It looks a lot less odd if you do it while running along.

Branduil

I can't get over that animation. It looks like an action figure where you press a button on the back to make the arm move.

kuroshiki

OMG THAT WAS HILARIOUS.
That thumbs up movement is going to be in videogame history.

and THAT screen tearing. If I ever get it def getting PC version.

Oersted

we need more "non-gamer" reviewers. they see the typical game flaws, that normal game-reviewers not seiing anymore. and when they are so hilarious as conan, its just completly win.

burgerdog

Extremely weird video. The first section has the area from the DD demo and it's a tearfest. The new gameplay sections are tear free, odd. We'll see what's up on Tuesday.

lexi

Banned
Er, as pointed out in this thread, RE4 animation puts that thumbs up to shame... wtf? Is this the same developer?

I think I'm the only guy on the planet who cannot see screen tearing. Ever. I've never noticed it in games in which people complain about it.

ErikB

Banned
I don't suppose someone wants to make a gif showing a character doing the thumb thing while walking and running do they?

Lucent

First time I've seen that animation. Hilarious how bad it is.

That was mo-capped by someone with a jerky arm. =D

But, seriously, I'm looking forward to this game despite that. The game looks great to me on the PS3 demo I've been playing. I think people need to stop saying it looks crap graphically when they're watching youtube videos and stuff. That and/or coming from a PC background. You really can't compare game consoles, which all have the same components, to PCs, which can be as powerful as you want, provided you have the money to blow.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I also should mention this demo isn't a recent build of the game. The demo coming out on the 18th and the demo being played here is the Comic-Con demo, which is several months old.

Resident Evil 6 has four demo builds to my knowledge. The first is the E3 demo, or the demo that people got with Dragon's Dogma. Next is the Comic-Con demo, which is the public demo coming September 18th. A further along demo was sent to press a few months ago that was a newer build of the game. And recently the first two chapters for each campaign outside of Ada's was given to press, though the build of the game was a bit older.

To place the demos in terms of development placement and improvements, the E3 demo is the oldest, followed by the Comic-Con Demo, followed by the recent 6-chapter demo given to press, with the most recent being the 'prelude' demo handed out two or so months ago.

However, the demo builds don't matter much now as review copies have been being sent out to publications already. But the screen-tearing present here is from an older build.

A slightly newer build (the 6-chapter one) has various videos on Youtube, but is like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ECd__Van4

Riposte

we need more "non-gamer" reviewers. they see the typical game flaws, that normal game-reviewers not seiing anymore. and when they are so hilarious as conan, its just completly win.

Yes... the solution is to find reviewers who understand games even less than current ones.

Top Bottom