• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien reviews Resident Evil 6

I don't feel 4 is that good because it still isn't RE.. it was sort of the start of what "this gen" became. A bit too corridor, with a lot of action and shooting. Even though I enjoyed a lot of RE4, it still isn't the puzzle quest, and design of what makes the past games great to me.

There was nothing like playing RE for the first time back when I was about 11.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The game realy does look awful, everything looks awkward. I guess this is what we get when they can't steal any more from RE4 and they have to make their own game.

someone need to give this guy a dating sim game
Given Conan only plays these games for like 15-30 minutes at best, are there any dating sims that would have anything interesting by that point? Mass Effect and Dragon Age are pretty slow... and the rest aren't even in English.

Endo Punk

I wish people would stop putting so much weight behind the logo and actually follow developers. RE without Mikami is a shell of its former self, it's a shame despite being such an acclaimed developer Mikami games still find it difficult to sell if not RE. It would kill me if Project Zwei bombs :(

http://teamcoco.com/video/highlight-clueless-gamer-resident-evil-6

incase it's blocked in your country, try this link
http://ht.cdn.turner.com/tbs/big/te...er_ResidentEvil_V6_20120913_640x360x1000k.mp4

final score
35 out of 1500, with less than 0 being better

0193_wlqq6.gif
This made me want to buy the game. Even more entertaining than Game Grumps.

- J - D -

This was hilarious. While I like Fallon and his spots on games, Conan's better because brings the funny hard and fast in his game segments.

Lucent

The animation of Elena pressing the button at 00:32 made me cancel my preorder, sell my Xbox and made me lose hope in the video game industry, it's worse than ME3 ending.

Even if the game isn't that good I'm digging the Archives bundle, I wanted the RE5 DLC and wanted RE4 HD, here's hoping it's gonna be great, but if not, at least I hope I can sell it for a good price.

AHHHHHH~ I'LL BUY IT, AT A HIGH PRICE...

Tagg9

Haha, Conan is so right about some things. The invisible barrier with a few flimsy wooden chairs especially got to me. It's embarrassing how this design trait is in so many games nowadays.

web01

Look closely at the GIF what is even funnier is the slight reaction change from the other guy when he see's the thumbs up on the game. Even he thinks it is shitty.

Lucent

Haha, Conan is so right about some things. The invisible barrier with a few flimsy wooden chairs especially got to me. It's embarrassing how this design trait is in so many games nowadays.

Yeah. Like, I understand if they want to block off hallways or something to keep you from going to an undeveloped area or to guide you to your destination, but regardless of whether or not you could push way all those chairs, you'd still end up at the same place. I don't know why they wanted you to zig zag through certain tables. =/

So funny, these are fantastic!

The game looks so damn amazing, the stuff you can do with melee really opens the combat. But of course gaf cares about arm animation...

Lucent

So funny, these are fantastic!

The game looks so damn amazing, the stuff you can do with melee really opens the combat. But of course gaf cares about arm animation...

Yep. Something totally optional that doesn't effect the game at all and is really just there for added multiplayer communication with online players is more important than everything else. lol. It really is an odd animation though. But just because there was a complicated animation of Leon reloading a rifle in RE4 doesn't mean that it's not still there in RE6.

bomma_man

haha it's even worse than I thought. The power of next gen!

Yes... the solution is to find reviewers who understand games even less than current ones.

The point is that they don't go into every game with the same set of assumptions that a veteran gamer does, meaning that they can point out absurdities that would otherwise be taken for granted. Fresh eyes can sometimes see through bullshit.

Lucent

Yay. :D

He needs a comeback. Badly. Most underrated RE character ever.

lol for real. Would've been awesome if he had his own unlockable story mode like Ada did. Not exactly sure what he'd do...but yeah he was awesome and it would've been amusing for him to become a staple of the franchise. Kinda strange how they added him in RE4 and then decided they didn't need a merchant and just had you do all the buying/selling/organizing before and after missions.

Conan made a sub-par looking game pretty darn entertaining.

For real though, RE6 isn't looking that good and the demo was underwhelming. That screen tearing as well.

Riposte

The point is that they don't go into every game with the same set of assumptions that a veteran gamer does, meaning that they can point out absurdities that would otherwise be taken for granted. Fresh eyes can sometimes see through bullshit.

They usually "ignore" absurdities because they hardly matter. For example, low barriers blocking your path is silly, but in the larger scope of level design (which someone who is inexperienced couldn't even begin to critique) it is pretty inconsequential. With that being said, low barriers and the occasional awkward animation are not invisible to veterans, as this thread shows.

Coolwhip

Banned
When Conan can do cool cinematic moves without having a clue what's going on and mashing buttons, you know something is wrong.

simtmb

Hilarious xD Thanks OP.

It's hard to be disappointed anymore with this series. RE5 made it clear, it's just another co-op shooter, so if you prefer an SP experience like RE4 and before, you won't ever find it here. As a game i completely hated RE5, but i honestly had a blast in co-op just like many other bad games I've played.

With that, I hope the animation is final, too good.

snap0212

That was fantastic and reminded me of Game Center CX a bit. Loved how he pointed out that the chairs blocking Leon's way makes no sense whatsoever.

Blueblur1

Saw the video last night. The game looks okay. That thumbs up animation is probably the worst animation cycle that I've seen in years though.

sonicmj1

Yeah. Like, I understand if they want to block off hallways or something to keep you from going to an undeveloped area or to guide you to your destination, but regardless of whether or not you could push way all those chairs, you'd still end up at the same place. I don't know why they wanted you to zig zag through certain tables. =/

It's so they can force you to follow that old guy with a flashlight on the way back. That whole section has this pathological need to keep the player from passing him, so it's constantly funneling you down these incredibly narrow hallways.

Ugh, the Dragon's Dogma demo was awful.

Top Bottom