• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien reviews Resident Evil 6

panty

Thanks for the link, Conan is awesome. "I'm a dude with a gun, all these chairs blocking me" hahaa :lol

"Zombie has died of natural causes by now" :lol :lol

Xater

What are people talking about? I did not see any screen tearing once he started playing the new demo.

Game still doesn't look all that impressive though...

Z3M0G

I can't accept screen tearing in an RE game... I just can't. RE5's engine was a masterful piece of art... to follow it up in the same generation with this...

Anarkin

Hahaha the High Five rejection was classic.

Someone needs to make a .GIF of it.

idZkhQfnNk2ET.gif

antitrop

The thumbs up animations are lame and there's tons of screen tearing, but I know I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of this game in a few weeks.

Haunted

Three thoughts:

• Quick thinking of Capcom to use this for marketing purposes.
  • Give him FFXIII or some other ludicrous shit he can make fun of.
  • Would be interesting to see hosts be that honest, blunt and critical when they have guests on promoting their latest shitty movie or whatever.

People applauding him for making obvious observations (without being aware of development realities, which is exactly why they're ignored by people at least passingly familiar with videogames) seem to be easily impressed. Riposte is correct.

vg260

The thumbs up animations are lame and there's tons of screen tearing, but I know I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of this game in a few weeks.

That's my mindset, but if the screen-tearing is still there, it's going to ruin the game for me. I hate screen tearing, but can live with it in some cases. I actually did not have big issues with it in Dragon's Dogma. It was mildly annoying when I noticed it, but I surprisingly didn't notice it that much. I found it to be atrocious in the RE6 demo. Mostly because it's supposed to be so dark and atmospheric, and it stuck out like a sore thumb, actually making it difficult to see what the heck was going on. I just couldn't see what was happening in some spots. It was impossible not to be distracted by it. It's even worse in cut scenes. Just takes you right out. I'd take the framerate hit over tearing in this game. Too bad the PC version is lagging behind so long. (and there are no deals on it).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I love his smile when he says "I'm the first person playing it, even though I'm the least qualified". Gold!

therapist

This looks like the worst re game in a long time.

We will see , but honestly dissapointed so far.

Was not terribly happy with 5 either , i enjoyed 4 immensely but still think the REmake is the best one , i wish theyd give RE2 the REmake treatment instead of making some generic action game.

Oh well , another survival horror franchise ruined R.I.P

Review is actually pretty damn funny =P

I absolutely love Conan's clueless gamer.

Holy shit I laughed at the thumbs up, "I'm Canadian" Leon totally does look like a McKenzie Brother when he does the thumbs up

I thought the thumbs up animation was supposed to be a joke....

Anyway, that was funny.

If he wanted fun interactions with a NPC, he should try MGS3 with EVA....

KTallguy

Banned
It's kind of funny how non gamers see through the nonsense we've all come to accept in video games as just being part of 'the rules'.

Yep...

People applauding him for making obvious observations (without being aware of development realities, which is exactly why they're ignored by people at least passingly familiar with videogames) seem to be easily impressed. Riposte is correct.

Being aware of development realities myself, it still isn't great, and breaks immersion when things like that happen.

Liethe

wow, I had no idea this was a thing!

thanks alot for this, now I have tons of conan to watch being clueless about games.

Ganondorfo

I like that he doesn't care about the storyline.

"You lost me there".

Normally everyone who plays resident evil games are very interested in the story and want to know everything about umbrella and the thousand virusses.

Lucent

I've noticed a lot of people who I've never seen in the RE6 demo thread in here bashing the game. Funny how that is.

I'll play it simply because RE4 was one of the greatest games ever, and despite RE5 being a boring mess of an action game. I'll probably wait until the inevitable price drop/GOTY edition, since knowing Capcom there is going to be a whole lot of On-disc DLC that I am not paying for.

Gestahl

I like that he doesn't care about the storyline.

"You lost me there".

Normally everyone who plays resident evil games are very interested in the story and want to know everything about umbrella and the thousand virusses.

Yes...those are the normal people

Yuterald

Is this footage from the "better" demo we are getting on Sept. 18th? Wow...it still looks completely whatever-town. I still stand by what I said in the demo thread. This game is going to be one of the most disappointing and unfulfilling experiences, ever. I feel bad for the fans that just can't let go and move on from this. Oh, and as far as what's wrong with the game, well, it's SO much more than the camera issues, frame tearing, and the new control scheme. I won't repeat myself though because no one cared to listen in the other thread. Peace out.

Heh, that was pretty amusing.

And that Thumbs Up animation....you can do better Capcom!

I hope they catch wind of this and change that. Suffice it to say, I won't be giving my partner any praise if I play this game, or risk being ripped out of the story and straight into cheese-ville.

kunonabi

As bad as the animation and screen tearing was what stood out to me was how easy it was to just melee enemies to death. I'm not looking forward to my brother forcing me to play co-op with him that's for sure. At least with RE5 we could pretend we were pirates stealing treasure and ignore how bad the game was. I expected better from the Outbreak director.

Lucent

As bad as the animation and screen tearing was what stood out to me was how easy it was to just melee enemies to death. I'm not looking forward to my brother forcing me to play co-op with him that's for sure. At least with RE5 we could pretend we were pirates stealing treasure and ignore how bad the game was. I expected better from the Outbreak director.

You have a stamina meter and it'll run out very quickly if you use it too much. You have to decide when to shoot, when to melee, and when to just avoid enemy contact straight up.

Jake actually can do a combo when he's in full melee mode that'll completely drain his stamina if you use it to the full extent to where he can't do anything except shoot after he's done with it.

I wouldn't worry about being able to just melee everything. Besides that, I'm sure the bigger enemies don't react to it the same way as zombies and J'avo. Melee'n the Ustanak barely causes him to do anything (it does damage him though) and he'll pick you up if you're not careful.

Top Bottom