• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien reviews Resident Evil 6

The Capcom PR guy was way more offensive then anything in the game to me.

That's not a Capcom PR guy, as he is there reviewing games with Conan every show. I am not really sure who that guy is, but I suspect he could be a Microsoft PR guy, since all they seem to review are XBox 360 games.

But yeah, I agree on the sentiments of his observations. The guy couldn't even navigate around some chairs. Which is a problem that should be addressed in the game. Also bumping into the woman at the beginning and watching her stand there motionless... great. I laughed hard at the guy behind the door looking like Conan's stage manager too. The convoluted plot is quite funny too... it is great seeing someone who was just introduced to series reactions on these things.

oneils

The Capcom PR guy was way more offensive then anything in the game to me.

Has some animation problems, but I'm still very excited and Conan did seem like he had a good time overall. Will watch again for him shooting down shitty PR dudes who do awful things like say how good the player is over and over again.

Fuck I remember GFW radio making fun of that shit years ago and then they have someone do it on national tv.

Are you talking about the guy that was playing with him? Pretty sure that is an employee of Conan's show. He is not Capcom PR.

Wow, there was a lot of terrible design on display there. I'm not immediately familiar with a lot of modern console games, but I thought we were past not being able to go past toppled chairs.

The "review" was hilarious, though.

Beth Cyra

That's not a Capcom PR guy, as he is there reviewing games with Conan every show. I am not really sure who that guy is, but I suspect he could be a Microsoft PR guy, since all they seem to review are XBox 360 games.

4 posts ladies and gents, 4 more any you would see that not only was that pointed out but it was also responded to long ago.

GCX

I'm pretty sure I've seen him around in some other Conan segments too.

Nah, that's Aaron Bleyaert. An old friend of Conan who has been working on the show in some capacity since the Late Night days. He also hosts the teamcoco podcast.

Riposte

Honestly, it looks worse than RE5. What the fuck happened here.

Resident Evil 5 was pretty exceptional. I think this is a case of a few shortcuts being made to make a game which is much larger in scope and likely made in a smaller time frame.

EDIT: Where Resident Evil 6 stands on its animations is made or broken on how good the rifle reload animation is.

Quick

Banned
Just saw it now.

"I don't want my zombie games to be complicated. See zombie, kill zombie. I don't want them turning into pasta or shellfish."

Truer words, Conan.

And that thumbs up gif is awesome. Terrible in-game, since it looks so stupid.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
He should have reviewed Resident Evil Revelations. Afterall, he was in the game:

wHCRf.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Honestly, it looks worse than RE5. What the fuck happened here.

After a while technology only takes you so far and you begin to realize actually putting in the time and work is what makes the difference. Im sure they have busted ass on this, but the game has like 4 campaigns and a prologue. Thats a lot of game to make look good.

Vire

Just saw it now.

"I don't want my zombie games to be complicated. See zombie, kill zombie. I don't want them turning into pasta or shellfish."

Truer words, Conan.

And that thumbs up gif is awesome. Terrible in-game, since it looks so stupid.

Genius.

Really, reminds me of that article of that guy from the New Yorker who started playing games for the first time and would point out things that you would never think of since you've grown so accustomed to how ridiculous things are in video games.

Salazar

Genius.

Really, reminds me of that article of that guy from the New Yorker who started playing games for the first time and would point out things that you would never think of since you've grown so accustomed to how ridiculous things are in video games.

Nicholson Baker.

Read The Mezzanine. He is the master of "pointing out shit" about anything.

Something has to be going on here, that screen tearing seems dramatically more pronounced than the E3 demo, in one that's supposed to come out on the 18th? Either they completely fucked it up or it has something to do with their capture setup.

Something has to be going on here, that screen tearing seems dramatically more pronounced than the E3 demo, in one that's supposed to come out on the 18th? Either they completely fucked it up or it has something to do with their capture setup.

Yeah, seems to be the 18th demo. So I guess we'll find out soon how bad it really is. Granted, if it's bad, they'll just say it's been fixed in the final version. Then we'll find out launch day they're full of shit. People will bitch about them lying, other Gaffers will call them whiny entitled gamers. The usual.

Dariso

Neo Member
Like everyone here, dat arm animation XD. Just finished replaying RE5 and the animations really look like they got worst. The running animation also looks weird, especially Ada's. Its like they mo-capped only one set of animations and used them for everyone. Jake's and Ada's look really similar.I guess they were going for the lots of content, not so great quality but who knows, still doesn't look that bad to me.

olimpia84

Is that arm animation for real? It certainly can't be that bad, but if true lmao.
Also, take a look at the guy on his left when Leon does thumbs up, his reaction is priceless.

shaowebb

Huh...screen tearing, bad animations, random obstructions turning large rooms into hallways, and a lot of various QTE.

NOPE.

Mariolee

Lol nope. That probably has more to do with some sort of contract than Conan's friend.

Dartastic

This is hilarious so far. Quick things I noticed:

- awful tearing
- Conan making a joke about how he's a badass with a gun and can't get past a few wooden chairs on the ground. He has no idea how right he is
Thought the exaaaact same thing. ...Just saying, he IS playing the demo. At least for part of it. You can see on the title screen at around 6 minutes that it says "demo version." Might be why it's tearing so bad. It was also tearing really badly in the places that have been the demo areas in the past. Soooo yeah.

I watched this on TV a little over an hour ago. Couldn't stop laughing, and I can't stop doing Leon's thumbs up thing. It's good exercise, man! Hah.

Still looking forward to the game, though. Hope it turns out good. I'll be downloading the demo when it comes out in a few days. Hopefully it's an updated demo, and not the same one from Dragon's Dogma, as I heard that one had some problems that were fixed in later versions.

Xander51

That was easily the best of these videos. Had me laughing the entire time.

I agree with those that think this looks dated compared to RE5. The texture work in 5 is still incredible, especially given the limited RAM on consoles.

Top Bottom