• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confederate Flag Group Charged For Threats Made At Black Child's Party (Sentenced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutek

4BvWbUS.gif

White supremacists target children's parties, schools, churches and graveyards. So brave.

Fuck you, pieces of shit. Rot in prison.

They ran up on a black child's birthday partying yelling the n-word with confederate flags. They knew exactly what they were doing, just didn't think they'd get locked up for 15 years for it.

I would've been tossing confetti at those fuckers once the ruling came down, so no. That doesn't make you bad at all.

I used to live in Douglas County. Those judges have come a long way since the Genarlo Wilson case.

AND pointed weapons at them.

KoopaTheCasual

Also from a different source, if you somehow were not satisfied at the severity of their sentence:

Judge is taking out the trash today.

(http://www.ajc.com/news/local/judge...uglasville-hate-crime/pHWEb5zXxdVqGBGxGNtorI/)
Yoooooo! Banished tho?! That's amazing, haha.

This is how racially fuelled events need to be handled: swift and harsh punishment. Instead of "making an example" of kids getting caught with weed, we need to make an example of racists. Your sick views aren't welcome here.

Nairume

Banned
They actually did much more, they basicly repeated what they did at the birthday party over all two counties.

The prosecution introduced evidence of a string of 911 calls caused by them as they traveled in their Hate Parade.
I wonder what the "let's wait for more information" crowd that were trying to defend the flag assholes will say now that "more information" ended up being even more proof that these people were instigating shit and were even bigger asshats.

As a foreigner I'm perplexed by the embrace of the goddamn Confederate Flag. You're basically paying respects to people who hated the United States of America so much that they were willing to go to war with them to defect because they wanted to keep their slaves! Why love and respect a symbol of haters of the country you live in?

And fuck your "heritage". Nazis are part of German history, which they dont deny, but that doesnt mean they should have stores selling Nazi memorabilia!

Fuck your confederate flag. Fuck those sore losers in the south who fought to defend that goddamn flag. Fuck it all to hell and back!

To those people the Confederacy occupies the same position as "real America" does when conservative talking heads prattle on about flyover country.

Liberals and "the north" don't count when you talk about America.

hbkdx12

"I do accept the punishment for what i've done. I know that i was in the wrong but i want ya'll to know that's not me..."

giphy.gif

Hefer what?

Is this how all racists sound when they lose their veil of white privilege?

Lowmelody

I'm pretty happy that they were sentenced but I can't help but feel that 15 years is... excessive? I realistically expected no more than five. Is this sentence normal?

Nah Judge is putting racist good ol boys everywhere on notice. Hopefully it catches on and hate crimes in general get elevated to such levels on a regular basis.

I wonder what the "let's wait for more information" crowd that were trying to defend the flag assholes will say now that "more information" ended up being even more proof that these people were instigating shit and were even bigger asshats.

They'll just ignore it and continue to downplay racism when the opportunity arises

Isn't life grand

Enzom21

I'm pretty happy that they were sentenced but I can't help but feel that 15 years is... excessive? I realistically expected no more than five. Is this sentence normal?

Nah, fuck them sideways:
Emadi said the group threatened African-American motorists, yelled at them and walked up to one of their cars with a gun. They also threatened African American shoppers at a Paulding County Walmart and at a convenience store.
This wasn't one incident.

rjinaz

Edit: Never mind. Missed the part in the original article that said they were armed. Okay, good.

Even still, no it doesn't seem like it. Apparently two other people pleaded guilty to terroristic threats and battery and they got 4 years.

This was definitely a message.

How the fuck you got three kids but got time to go terrorize Black people with threats of death? Like I'm just trying to piece together a timeline....

Cause I mean I work full time and I barely got time to get good at For Honor on XB1 and I only got one kid....

To those people the Confederacy occupies the same position as "real America" does when conservative talking heads prattle on about flyover country.

Liberals and "the north" don't count when you talk about America.

I know that Im saying I cant understand why embrace a symbol of people that hate the very same country you live and claim to love! The Confederacy were a bunch of US-hating racist losers. Why make them heroes? I cant get this logic.

Edit: Never mind. Missed the part in the original article that said they were armed. Okay, good.

The one sentenced to 15 will probably only serve 6 with parole, per the article

Cyanity

Banned
So much schadenfreude, dear lord. Judges need to keep hitting racists with hard sentences like this. We need to send the message that we as a country are NOT okay with this sort of behavior. It's terrorism, simple as that, and should be treated as such in the court of law.

I know that Im saying I cant understand why embrace a symbol of people that hate the very same country you live and claim to love! The Confederacy were a bunch of US-hating racist losers. Why make them heroes? I cant get this logic.

Cause the Confederacy stood for everything they love: keeping Blacks in their place.

What's that LBJ quote about making the poorest White man feel superior to the best Black man and watch him let you run his pockets.... Shit he'll empty them shit for you...

Enzom21

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085545
Let's see if any of them for the first thread show up.

So much garbage in that thread:
So every single person who has this flag is racist? Ok. Well, it's nice to know that you all prefer to make generalizations about individuals rather than getting to know them individually and actually ask why they hold the flag. Good to know.

Gutek

So much schadenfreude, dear lord. Judges need to keep hitting racists with hard sentences like this. We need to send the message that we as a country are NOT okay with this sort of behavior. It's terrorism, simple as that, and should be treated as such in the court of law.

There was something that happened on November 8th. What was is it again?

Because the country they claim to love doesn't include liberals and minorities.

If you're not on board with conservative ideology and "Christian" values then you can leave.

In their minds the civil war was justifiable rebellion against the North imposing on "states rights." You will NEVER disabuse these people of that idea.

Apathy

all tears and apologetic and saying that's not them now right? fuck these piece of shit garbage humans

Fuck em, they went to a childs birthday party with confederate flags and brandishing guns, these are sick, disgusting slugs. I am not happy that the victim here forgave them either. I know shes trying to be a good person, perhaps a person that actually believes in turning the other cheek, but I could never do it, not to racist scum that did this against my family. She had nothing to apologize or forgive for, but if it's her choice to do it then so be it.

Ithil

"I do accept the punishment for what i've done. I know that i was in the wrong but i want ya'll to know that's not me..."

giphy.gif

Hefer what?

Is this how all racists sound when they lose their veil of white privilege?

Racists can never, ever own being racists. They always either deny it, or try to claim what they do isn't racist.

ezrarh

If it were the reverse situation, (they were black targeting white kids' birthday parties) they'd be done already so the sentence doesn't seem so extreme to me.

Even still, no it doesn't seem like it. Apparently two other people pleaded guilty to terroristic threats and battery and they got 4 years.

This was definitely a message.

I hope the mailman keeps sending more messages like this. Hopefully seeing scum get locked up with a meaty sentence like this will make racist people pause. The amount of hate crimes as of late has been appalling.

RPGCrazied

Nice to see hate crimes get hefty jail time. Now there needs to be more justice served. I see a ton of hate crimes on the news and internet in Trump's America.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
It does feel good that they are punished for their hate crime.

But they won't be in prison long. It will be a third of their term, so 6 to 7 years, plus time already served. In addition, depending on how well they behave in prison, they can be put on a model prisoner program that can shave 40 percent off their sentence.

If they are down for more than five years, I'll be very surprised.

Corginand

Superior Court Judge William McClain castigated the two, Kayla Rae Norton, 25, and Jose Ismael Torres, 26, for perpetrating what he called a hate crime.

So I'm not that familiar with all this Confederate thing but it seems odd someone with a latino name is on a racist group in America. Not saying he can't be racist, but I would've though they wouldn't allow him in the group.

Anyways I hope this isn't the only case in which racists get what they deserve.

Lois_Lane

So I'm not that familiar with all this Confederate thing but it seems odd someone with a latino name is on a racist group in America. Not saying he can't be racist, but I would've though they wouldn't allow him in the group.

He whiite passing? Then he in.

Hispanics are on track to be the new Italians.

Cyanity

Banned

A lot of homophobic bigots turn out to be gay later in life. Same difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom