• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: The next Nintendo Direct will take place tomorrow, the company has announced.

Draugoth

Gold Member
FcddJgHX0AEXvjT

Tune in at 7 a.m. PT tomorrow, 9/13, for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information mostly focused on Nintendo Switch games launching this winter.

Last edited:
This is going to be a good one. I can feel it!

Like I've been saying since they didn't really do a big June Direct this year, that just makes the next one even better. I think they have a lot of pent-up announcements to talk about, and since there is no first-party title that is Nintendo-developed after Splatoon 3 comes out (Pokemon and Bayo are made by TPC, Platinum), I think there's definitely some more first-party stuff lined up for Novemer-March window beyond just BotW 2 in the spring, that they can put out there. Outside of Pokemon there is no big Nintendo title, and there's also nothing in December. Wind Waker HD/ Metroid Prime remaster would fill that hole nicely, and then maybe a Woolly World port in January or February? I would love to see that game get some more love, it's so much better than Crafted World in every possible way, it's crazy how they haven't ported it to Switch yet.

We're also due for a Mario game, and I bet they will have *something* Mario lined up to time around or before the movie next spring. That could also be shown, since this is their last general Direct before the traditional Feb/March Direct to fill in the late Spring/ summer lineup.

Tomorrow's going to be great, folks! Believe it. Have faith. Nintendo knows how eagerly we've been waiting for the 'Big' Direct that never happened in June.

*Someone who's not at work right now and has time, can check to see if this is the shortest turnaround between announcement and air time for a general Direct? 24 hours is the shortest I can recall.

Last edited:
It’s a long shot but I hope they play with the lighting and visuals on Twilight if it is indeed getting a Switch release. The visuals plus that horrid opening to the game is why I never really got into it.

Last edited:

TexMex

Wind Waker or Prime 1 is all I care about. Pretty confident we’ll get at least one if not both.

I know they’ll just dump roms from Ebaumsworld onto a cart and I don’t care.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Nintendo, you haven't been answering the letters I've been writing about an Oracle of Seasons/Ages remake package. I'll just assume your responses got lost in the mail and you'll be showing them tomorrow. Thanks.

Murdoch

Being completely honest... Nintendo and their games are the only things that are holding my interest in any meaningful way at the moment. I've played some real dross this year and games like Splatoon and Kirby have been pretty special (TinyKin aside - fantastic game)

So consider me very interested in this Direct!

Winter games so no Zelda (BOTW2)

Lol
Omg every. single. time. somebody says this because it's outside of the window they state the Direct is talking about. And yet, every. single. time. Nintendo has shown they announce and talk about things further out than the announced window. I do not understand why people keep falling for this, it's crazy to me.

Isa

Hope its good, I expect some nice things here. Looking forward to more Bayonetta, some neat rpgs, anything Zelda and maybe finally a Xenoblade Chronicles X port(too soon probably). I'd also like another Mario platformer. Nintendo really is owning this year. TGS is an exciting time, can't wait to see what else is announced this week.

Top Bottom