• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced for Feb 8th, 2023 (40min long)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tune in at 23:00 CET tomorrow, 08/02, for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information mostly focused on #NintendoSwitch games launching in the first half of 2023.

FoXoUv3WcAEpvQE

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I have very very low expectations.

Silksong April, Metroid Prime: Samus Returns shadow drop, Metroid Prime 4 2023, Tears of the Kingdom Direct announcement slide, Arms 2, Kid Icarus: Directors Cut, Advance Wars date, Animal Crossing DLC2 surprise, Mario Kart Wave 4 out now, Hi Fi Rush, F-Zero GX remake + battle royal June, Xenoblade Chronicles X August, Bayonetta Origin, Super Mario Baseball. One last thing, Gyro control for GoldenEye. Edit: Pikmin 4.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice.

Hope we get an actual proper full reveal of Zelda. Not some short trailer with a couple of short out of context clips.

Nice, a general Direct. Yeah, I would expect a lot of good stuff if you love Zelda :)

I would love for one decent surprise, either a Paper Mario remake of TTYD, F Zero GX, or a port of Woolly World.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah baby.

Calling it now: show will feature a new 3D Mario game announced to be released either late this year or early 2024. I think we're due.

Buggy Loop

I have zero expectations, except for the inevitable delay of Zelda and no Metroid prime 4 news.

Just 30 mins of advance wars and 10 mins of indie bottom of the barrel trash. No Hollow Knight silksong

Yeah baby.

Calling it now: show will feature a new 3D Mario game announced to be released either late this year or early 2024. I think we're due.
I feel like that will be held for the next system. Otherwise, what would they have to launch it with? TotK took 6 years to make

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I have very very low expectations.

Silksong April, Metroid Prime: Samus Returns shadow drop, Metroid Prime 4 2023, Tears of the Kingdom Direct announcement slide, Arms 2, Kid Icarus: Directors Cut, Advance Wars date, Animal Crossing DLC2 surprise, Mario Kart Wave 4 out now, Hi Fi Rush, F-Zero GX remake + battle royal June, Xenoblade Chronicles X August, Bayonetta Origin, Super Mario Baseball. One last thing, Gyro control for GoldenEye. Edit: Pikmin 4.
Pretty realistic but I think you forgot Earthbound 4, Earthbound 3 English release for switch, and the AAA Pokémon MMO from Monolith.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That's a real direct. 40 minutes.
  • Advance Wars
  • Kirby
  • Zelda will have to at least be mentioned. Likely showing a short trailer, and starting CE pre-orders. I wouldn't expect a gameplay deep dive, but who knows. Probably some amiibo also.
  • Bayonetta prequel game
  • They might do some marketing for Octopath 2.
  • Splatoon 3 expansion
  • Indies
That's really all anyone can guess. The rest would be Metroid Prime, or brand new announcements. Personally I don't expect a ton of new announcements.

Last edited:
Oh that's pretty cool. Hopefully they reveal and show off Kid Icarus Uprising for Switch.

ju6Z4JW.jpg
What is the origin of this rumor? I keep hearing people predict this, but like, why now, and what is the origin? Lol. It seems like a huge undertaking to modify a game that used a stand, and completely redo all of the graphics and assets from a 10 year old 3DS game. And Sakurai would have to oversee it, and isn't he retiring and/or working in secret on the next Smash for the next system? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a chance to play this game finally, with dual analog and not on a tiny handheld, but just, it seems so unrealistic to me.

Jennings

What is the origin of this rumor? I keep hearing people predict this, but like, why now, and what is the origin? Lol. It seems like a huge undertaking to modify a game that used a stand, and completely redo all of the graphics and assets from a 10 year old 3DS game. And Sakurai would have to oversee it, and isn't he retiring and/or working in secret on the next Smash for the next system? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a chance to play this game finally, with dual analog and not on a tiny handheld, but just, it seems so unrealistic to me.

I don't know of any rumors, I just want to play the game in a way that doesn't cause physical pain due to the 3DS control scheme.

Top Bottom