• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: The next Nintendo Direct will take place tomorrow, the company has announced.

xandaca

Disappointed not to have a Metroid or Twilight Princess to play this year, but can't moan too much when there's a new Pikmin on the way, a date for Zelda, and an Octopath sequel which will hopefully make good on the first game's potential. GoldenEye is my favourite game but I don't use Switch Online in any capacity, so it doesn't affect me: was hoping the full remaster might be a physical release for Switch and XBox, but alas.

ManaByte

I got….

New Zelda trailer
Fire Emblem Engage
Octopath 2
Ryza 3
New info XC3 DLC

I’m satisfied, just wish we get Muramasa on modern system.
bukkake GIF

Kataploom

Gold Member
I mean JRPGs and other Japanese games are my entire reason why I buy Nintendo systems in the first place.
It's tiring to see so much hate for anime or japanese stuff like "they are poisoning their enjoyment" or whatever lol... I was expecting Zelda remasters so much I didn't notice how many of the shown games I'm likely to buy and there quite some of them...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's tiring to see so much hate for anime or japanese stuff like "they are poisoning their enjoyment" or whatever lol... I was expecting Zelda remasters so much I didn't notice how many of the shown games I'm likely to buy and there quite some of them...
I mean it fine if they don’t like those things, that’s their taste but that person only bought switch for Zelda and Mario then they are going to have miserable time with their Nintendo systems.

I like Zelda and Mario but JRPGs and Japanese games is why I bough all my Nintendo systems, including their handhelds.

Last edited:

Aldric

I mean it fine if they don’t like those things, that’s their taste but that person only bought switch for Zelda and Mario then they are going to have miserable time with their Nintendo systems.

I like Zelda and Mario but JRPGs and Japanese games is why I bough all my Nintendo systems, including their handhelds.
Yeah I don't get why people would be mad at a japanese company making games with japanese pop culture sensibilities. Maybe try Sony? They're more Netflix specials than anime.

Orta

Banned
Load of shite, as usual. That's the third or fourth Direct with sod all of interest, Zelda being the obvious exception.

Seven years on the market next Spring, I'd assume Nintendo are winding things down with new AAA content in development for the next console.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Load of shite, as usual. That's the third or fourth Direct with sod all of interest, Zelda being the obvious exception.

Seven years on the market next Spring, I'd assume Nintendo are winding things down with new AAA content in development for the next console.

Six years. But still.

Xellos

This is my assumption as well. Zelda's launching in 8 months and we've seen about 5 minutes of it in the last 3.5 years; probably won't see any more of it this year either. I think most of the AAA games like Pikmin and Zelda will be cross-generation and are likely far into development, but Nintendo is holding back showing them because they want to market them with the new hardware.

Trunx81

Maybe I watched too much Epic NPC man, but I can’t read “Tears of a kingdom” without the guards voice in my head.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Some of you really don't like games unless they're AAAAAAAAA, huh?
I mean, there's an overabundance of harvest/farming simulators, Square Enix is going overboard with all these releases and Fire Emblem is soon going to get more releases than Pokémon. But still, with more than FORTY games there must have been something to pique your interest.

Kataploom

Gold Member

Unless you're waiting for unrealistic very specific things like f-zero, I don't know how can someone even think Nintendo is slowing down switch games production... They've had more hits and more games in general on more regular basis than any other publisher since the Switch came out and I can't even find time to play everything they are releasing so frequently these days...

Andyliini

This Direct showed me that tje games just won't stop coming. At least until February there are at least one game a month, often even more, that interest me on Switch. This has never happened before and they just keep coming. Great show of games.

Aldric

Unless you're waiting for unrealistic very specific things like f-zero, I don't know how can someone even think Nintendo is slowing down switch games production... They've had more hits and more games in general on more regular basis than any other publisher since the Switch came out and I can't even find time to play everything they are releasing so frequently these days...
It's also a particularly stupid thing to say because even if there's a new hardware coming soon they're not going to stop making games for the base Switch, there'll be a long crossgen period exactly like what's happening with the PS and XBox now.

EDMIX

Trash

Fantastic game

Every dev is allowed one blip, just look at GT Sports for example. Doesn’t mean Polyphony are wank. My assessment was great.

Agreed. Many devs have some titles I don't care for and still have other titles that are amazing so I never really try to judge off of 1 or 2 titles or something.

Octopath Traveler II (Switch or PS5 for me)

lol I looked on PSN and saw this for pre-order and was like "when the fuck did this get revealed?" lol

So much news was around that Ronin game and Yakuza 8, Ishin remake, God Of War etc, it got lost in the shuffle a bit.

Astral Dog

discussion still going? The total lack of remasters was bizarre! after all that speculation and 'insider' leaks lol, that was a little dissapointing, Zelda trailer was also short again...

But i can't complain when two of my favorite series are getting new games that look fantastic in the next months.even three if we count Zelda ToK launching in May, And a bunch of fun third party stuff im getting. Nintendo Direct just worked for me and im happy 👍

Speaking of Tears of the Kingdom, at first i thought it was launching December 😅 that lasted for a day until i read Nintendo's press release, i was convinced they delayed it to launch alongside a new Switch

Last edited:

Aldric

discussion still going? The total lack of remasters was bizarre! after all that speculation and 'insider' leaks lol, that was a little dissapointing, Zelda trailer was also short again...
If there's one thing I'm not disappointed about it's less remasters, the industry is already saturated with them.

Still hope that Kid Icarus Uprising HD rumor is true.

Top Bottom