• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced | June 21 7:00 AM PT

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tune in on June 21 at 7:00 a.m. PT for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused mainly on Nintendo Switch titles launching this year, including new details on Pikmin 4.

FzEjfBGacAAT50J

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This is to show whats for holidays 2023, I wouldn't expect any BIG announcments. Those will be in the first of the year directs.

Last edited:

Stafford

So Pikmin 4 direct early July and then later this year new hardware reveal?

Heh, yeah, right.

Honestly, at some point they have to.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Easy there guys.. don't let your expectations ruin it for you..

Draugoth

Gold Member
Do we expect anything hardware related this year?

Because really, how much longer are we gonna be having this ancient stone age hardware, that really does not do all these games justice? 🙄

No, it would have been announced alongside this Direct's description.

Stafford

Nah, I meant more like a seperate reveal for it later this year. This should be the Direct to let the Switch go out with a bang. A few titles to end it and finally have that new hardware. But then again, it's way overdue anyway.

It's anyone's guess now.

Last edited:

That’s… not exactly true.

Truth be told, hardware announcements since the era of Directs vs press conferences have been mostly one-off YouTube uploads alongside a press release. Nintendo typically doesn’t actually ever announce hardware in a Direct, they seem to only want to use them to showcase software.

New 3DS was announced via a video outside a Direct in early 2015. Switch was announced in a video announcement outside of a Direct. Switch Lite was announced in a random video drop in August. Before the September Direct that year. And with the OLED, that also was announced separately from a Direct.

Also it’s way too early for news about hardware, and I wouldn’t expect hardware news til 2024. They’ll want to squeeze every dollar possible out of Switch hardware/ software before it finally putters out:

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
That’s… not exactly true.

Truth be told, hardware announcements since the era of Directs vs press conferences have been mostly one-off YouTube uploads alongside a press release. Nintendo typically doesn’t actually ever announce hardware in a Direct, they seem to only want to use them to showcase software.

If they intendeed to have hardware news, it would be announced like this:

Tune in on June 21 at 7:00 a.m. PT for a Nintendo Direct livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information on Nintendo Switch titles launching this year and first news on our next home console.

Stafford

prob won't watch this, when a switch 2 is shown i'll come back

Yeah, I get you. Games like Zelda really show how new and decent hardware is needed, and not only Zelda.

With a smaller TV some of these games are OK in terms of how it looks, but once you go 50 inch or larger it's just bad, really bad.

If they intendeed to have hardware news, it would be announced like this:

I highly doubt Nintendo’s first ever public mention of new hardware would be in the subject line underneath a Direct announcement. Lol. That space is used for managing expectations and timeframes for what is going to be at the show, not for dropping major news like that. Just doesn’t seem realistic at all. And like I said, Nintendo doesn’t make hardware announcements in Directs.

Last edited:
In the post-E3 world, this might be how Junes are from now on. Nintendo just waits til the week after literally everyone else has gone, and then gets the entire week to themselves. Smart!

Also this just reinforces how bs the whole report was back in February when Nintendo said they weren’t going to e3. People were saying “Nintendo’s skipping because their lineup doesn’t support a show like e3.” Please, that was always bs. Like, did anyone see any of their shows during the Wii U generation? There’s no such thing as a lineup “too light to justify being at e3”. That was clearly never really Nintendo’s justification. It was just people speculating why. They certainly have a lineup planned, and we’ll see it tomorrow. And their live shows will be GamesCom and Nintendo Live.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn Nintendo, why so early?

Banjo64

cumsessed
This’ll be the best show by far, you just know it. Nintendo barely have to deliver anything in the Directs to embarrass the rest. They have it down to a tee.

StueyDuck

I swear to god if this is more farming sims and shitty muted color indies about anxiety and green hair i am going to throw my Switch away.

Nintendo show us your IPs , Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Splatoon, PilotWings, Star Fox, etc... give us the good shit.

Dream announcement would be star fox adventures HD. I know there's probably issues cause of Rare or whatever but still, make it happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom