• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced | June 21 7:00 AM PT

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
reggie-my-body-is-ready.gif

Kataploom

Gold Member
That’s… not exactly true.

Truth be told, hardware announcements since the era of Directs vs press conferences have been mostly one-off YouTube uploads alongside a press release. Nintendo typically doesn’t actually ever announce hardware in a Direct, they seem to only want to use them to showcase software.

New 3DS was announced via a video outside a Direct in early 2015. Switch was announced in a video announcement outside of a Direct. Switch Lite was announced in a random video drop in August. Before the September Direct that year. And with the OLED, that also was announced separately from a Direct.

Also it’s way too early for news about hardware, and I wouldn’t expect hardware news til 2024. They’ll want to squeeze every dollar possible out of Switch hardware/ software before it finally putters out:
Switch Lite was announced on a Direct IIRC

Trunx81

"Welcome to our direct. We are proud to announce the Super Nintendo Switch, with a Chipset from 2020, making us ready for the future. Price for the cheapest model will start at 349 for the 16GB model, up to 599 for the 128GB version. Oh and you need Nintendo Online for backwards capability. Please understand."

Fbh

Omg who could have guessed the long rumored new Splinter Cell was launching on the long rumoured Switch pro?!?

I swear to god if this is more farming sims and shitty muted color indies about anxiety and green hair i am going to throw my Switch away.

Square getting ready to announce their 6th fantasy farming game with a stupid name
Xv2a.gif

Please look forward to " Vigorous Characteristic"

Banjo64

cumsessed
Nah, doubt that very much. For me personally it won't, I'm sorry but I just can't get too hyped anymore if there's no new hardware. I'm done with the Switch tbh.

This is an interesting tweet.

“Nintendo [has advised] that it’s better to do one iteration on each machine. We were a bit too early, we should have waited for [the next console].”

Who gets advice like this from the masters and thinks nah I’ll do my own thing.

Gambit2483

All we need now is Switch ports of XCX and the HD Ports of Zelda:TP and Zelda:WW and we can finally say all of the worthwhile Wii U games are now on Switch.

L*][*N*K

Banned
If Metroid Prime 4 isn't shown than it's def a launch title for the next Switch.

I wanna see it, I wanna see games that excite me to by a voucher for Pikmin 4 and another game.
Focused in games that are coming in 2023, there is no way in hell that MP4 is coming in 2023, I kinda expect to see Mp2 and 3 collection shadow dropping but not 4, Curb your Enthusiasm.

Stafford

“Nintendo [has advised] that it’s better to do one iteration on each machine. We were a bit too early, we should have waited for [the next console].”

Who gets advice like this from the masters and thinks nah I’ll do my own thing.

Yeah, that's true.

I wonder if this means something though, as in if Nintendo is finally planning on revealing a new one this year.

Bakkus

Uprising remaster, PLEASE.

Otherwise, we're obviously gonna have many minutes dedicated to Pikmin 4 given it's a month til release. Also, Wave 5 DLC of MK8 is almost a certainty. Other than that, I honestly don't know. I think it's too early for Tears DLC, they obviously are not gonna announce the next console yet. We will probably get several indie ports like Pizza Tower, maybe.

I'm actually excited. I think there could be some positive surprises here.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I think it will be betetr than Sony's, but not as good as Microsoft's.

I just hope it’ll be great. I still have bunch of Switch games to buy and play like Metroid Dread, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayo 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, NMH3 etc

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Wondering if they do indeed announce the "Nintendo Switch: UP" aka Switch 2 tomorrow and then have the big "hands on" with it with their big September Treehouse
Nintendo Live 2023

Gotta be getting close to a reveal of new hardware from Nintendo.

Fingers crossed.

Oh and where can I get my avatar on the Nintendo NeoGAF hype-train?! Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Wondering if they do indeed announce the "Nintendo Switch: UP" aka Switch 2 tomorrow and then have the big "hands on" with it with their big September Treehouse
Nintendo Live 2023

Gotta be getting close to a reveal of new hardware from Nintendo.

Fingers crossed.

Oh and where can I get my avatar on the Nintendo NeoGAF hype-train?! Any help would be awesome, thanks!
I believe Nintendo goes “Full Wizard” (Reference to the 1980’s movie) in September and will announce something during the event.

Woopah

I just hope it’ll be great. I still have bunch of Switch games to buy and play like Metroid Dread, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayo 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, NMH3 etc
Hopefully by the end of tomorrow you'll have some more to add to the list!

MagnesD3

I hope there is something I care about, if it's just 2d mario that's not enough. Depending on what a SMRPG remake is that could be dope if it's a full reimagining, don't want it to be 1 to one the same.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Focused in games that are coming in 2023, there is no way in hell that MP4 is coming in 2023, I kinda expect to see Mp2 and 3 collection shadow dropping but not 4, Curb your Enthusiasm.
It's been 6 years since the announcement, 4 years since the reboot, the game should be ready. The only reason to push it is for Switch 2.

I think we'll see it, and if they are smart they are updating Metroid Prime Remastered with the MP4 suit so the wait won't be long.

Mother collection. Mother 1-3 in original forms along with remastered versions with full symphony soundtrack, graphics style similar to links awakening remaster. Sexual edition comes with full magazine strategy guides for each game and a Franklin badge

supernova8

Banned
"Here's another remake of something you already bought 3 times and a new OLED Switch SKU which is basically just a $10 skin you could get off Amazon without having to buy a new console but you're all fools and will buy it anyway so we'll keep making them"

Hopefully they announce that they have acquired full rights to all things Pokemon and have told Game Freak to:

go away gtfo GIF

Give Zelda a rest and let that team make the Pokemon game we've been longing for for decades with a budget befitting the highest grossing media franchise on the planet.

Of course it'll never happen but let a man dream

Last edited:
Top Bottom