• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conservative groups hammer Senate healthcare reform bill

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/339576-conservative-groups-hammer-senate-healthcare-reform-bill?amp

Conservative advocacy groups that provide much of the political muscle for Tea Party-friendly lawmakers and candidates are coming out against the Senate healthcare reform bill, panning it as a disappointment.

These critics on the right say the legislation falls well short of the Republican promise to repeal ObamaCare despite Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) argument that it will fix an "unsustainable" status quo.

"We're saying it would be better named the ObamaCare Forever Act. We're not happy with the bill as it is," said Jon Meadows, a spokesman for FreedomWorks, a prominent conservative advocacy group.

"Mitch McConnell is leading his party into a box canyon that they will never escape. We hope Senate Republicans realize the mistake they are about to make and demand a bill that truly repeals ObamaCare and will reduce premiums," said a spokesperson for the Senate Conservatives Fund.

Quixzlizx

latest

"Medicaid for some, murder the poor for others!"

Tamanon

Banned
Starting to wonder who the bill is actually for....oh wait, high income taxpayers, that's who.

Because they are really the most important people for healthcare.

Cagey

Banned
At least this is ideologically honest: they fundamentally disagree with the government being involved in health care.

The Congressional bills are the nightmarish result of taking that position half heartedly.

Beartruck

The "Obamacare Forever Act". Translation: This bill is shit, so let's try to blame it on Obama again even though we control the entire government.

Monocle

Wouldn't it be great if these people had to endure the results of the policies they want to force on everybody else?

We want a bill which reduces premiums magically without anyone having to pay for it.
That's easy, just lower the standards of what counts as "health insurance". If they limit what it covers more strictly, have a sizeable copay, and a low annual payout limit, they can cut those premiums pretty hard. To a certain extent that's what this bill is doing, which is why younger/healthier people will probably see somewhat reduced premiums under it.

shiba5

"We're saying it would be better named the ObamaCare Forever Act."

Uh-uh. No way you get to rename this pile of shit and try to blame Dems. This is all Republican Trumpcare.

These dumbasses are going to ruin their best chance at fucking over 80% of Americans just because they want to have their cake and eat it too.

I'll enjoy it if they fail to pass anything because of extremists.

slit

Good, the GOP are devouring each other over this which means they cannot do anything about healthcare. It's a shame the best we can hope for is they don't touch it since Obamacare has major problems that do need addressed.

I have to believe the "Obamacare forever" jab is willfully trying to mislead the public because that's not at all what the senate bill is trying to accomplish. If they actually believe their own Kool-Aid, then we have way more problems if these are the people pulling Congress's puppet strings. I'll go with it for now if it helps sink this bill though, but this is still kind of disgusting all around.

i wonder what a box canyon is..
If you've ever seen Silverado, an example is the hide out of the hooligans who stole the money box from the folks traveling west.

A box canyon is a typically tight canyon that ends in a headwall (one way in and then you're trapped inside).

E-Cat

We want a bill which reduces premiums magically without anyone having to pay for it.
Sounds great to me. The sad thing is this is what people actually believed when voting for Trump.
Yeah, literally: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/7/15674380/obamacare-kentucky-trump-ahca

”You know, thinking about it, I'm not even sure what I expected. I just thought it would miraculously work out wonderful for everybody," Bobbi Smith, a 62-year-old Obamacare enrollee who voted for Trump, says.

Hastati

They legitimately want to just kill off a decent percentage of the US population. Like that is their goal. Kill off the poors, decrease taxes for the rich. Move the clock back a good thousand years or so.

npm0925

What gets me is that right wing dumbfucks actually benefit from these programs and yet oppose them. I work as an RN in red state Arizona (land of the dumbfucks) and see so many GOP patients on Access (i.e., Medicaid) or SS disability (i.e., socially acceptable basic income) bitch about Obamacare. These people are in for a rude awakening. I won't see it, of course, because our clinic will boot out anyone who has the wrong insurance or the inability to pay out of pocket. Still hoping to escape to New Zealand or Canada.

Peccavi

These dumbasses are going to ruin their best chance at fucking over 80% of Americans just because they want to have their cake and eat it too.

I'll enjoy it if they fail to pass anything because of extremists.
I dunno, maybe they recognize that they're dogs chasing the car of Obamacare and are smart enough to not want to catch it.

Top Bottom