• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thank you.

niEPWRK.png

Welp, I guess it could be worse.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Fuckin' nice.

Release Notes for 12/18/2013

[ CSGO ]
- Added three purchasable gift options:
-- Gift Package - gives a random item to a random player in your match.
-- Pallet of Presents - gives random items to up to nine people in your match.
-- Audience Participation Parcel - gives random items to up to 25 viewers watching your match.
- Added the Winter Offensive Case, the first-ever community-made case.
- Replaced the eSports case with the new eSports Winter Case.

[ MAPS ]
- Added Cobblestone and Overpass maps, which are available to community servers and offline play. Official matchmaking is limited to Operation Bravo in order to collect additional map balancing data prior to a wider release.
- Fixed an exploit in Assault
- Minor bugfixes in Bank, St.Marc and Sugarcane

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- Walking into shallow water no longer makes an audible splash.

[ MISC ]
- Added a link to share downloaded matches. To access this link, download one of your recent matches, view the scoreboard from that match, and click on 'Copy Link.'
- Added say_team support for coaches.
- Added holiday cheer.

[ CS:GO SDK ]
- Fixed a Steam authentication problem when running individual CS:GO SDK tools not from Steam Library, but directly from command line.
- Fixed a bug causing workshop uploader tools to retrieve only the first 50 of a user's items.

I like that Five-Seven. I would say add more AK skins, but the market prices would surely be ludicrous, so not like I would get any. The Mag-7 is a gun that needs some good skins.

Does anybody here play matchmaking? I've just been floating between Gold Nova 2 and 3, and it's getting boring playing matchmaking with random strangers.

CoolS

Just took a look at both maps.

I like cobblestone, although ere seem to be A LOT of hidingspots everywhere, looking forward to playing it. They seemed to really have improved it a lot though, lots of new ways through the map.
I have some performance issues on the map though, sometimes I dip under 100 frames, which never ever happens on any map.

overpass, I don't know. Will have to play it first. Bombsite B, if you can call it that, seems reall, REALLY small.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CSGO TV should be better done. Dunno if they're giving viewer gifts or not with this update because of how sparse the info is and you can't go to lesser viewed/new games before the rush for gifts come in.

Uriah

I have forgotten how to aim. Yes, I am completely serious. I struggle to hit people in the chest now. There goes all the progress I have made.

TheSeks

Confirmed, I'm terrible at Counter-Strike and should go home and play against Bots as a family man.

Omega

Banned
I've been playing too much competitive and can't do anything but AWP now

my aim is atrocious with every other gun so I feel your pain Uriah. I was just starting to feel confident that I was improving, and now I go back to hitting the air 95% of the time

Uh Oh.

aepGXhX.png

They are already in game.
People hoping they are just reskinning the Bank level terrorists and that it isn't a full blown hat invasion.

Looks like maybe it's a crossover event? Payday just had this added which was posted on Reddit by A Valve Employee.

Payday

it's probably just Terrorists themed.

like you said, Payday added a new heist (I think it's for the holidays only) which is an exact copy of Bank.

they don't need hats in CS, they have to make tons of money off the guns/knives alone.

TheSeks

The Payday crew being the terrorists would make sense. US on Bank is SWAT, right? There's SWAT guys in Payday 2's heists to try to stop the Payday crew. So I could see it being that.

Double so since they (Overkill) hinted at the "GO Bank heist" isn't going anywhere compared to Payday 2's Halloween heist.

I'll take care of them for you.

I'll use em since they are worth like 3 cents on the market.

I just said screw it and bought a Stattrak Graphite Nova for 2 dollars to feel better. I never learn with these fucking cases but I want a knife so bad. Usually just better off buying the gun you want. Though most m4/ak/awp skins go for way too much.

TheSeks

So... the watching gift participation thing: Is it only for Operation Bravo owners?

I also got one of those gold cases and everyone in the server wanted me to give it to them. So I sold it for 5 bucks. That alone just returned the cost of the game to me. I've made like $30 in Steam wallet credit off GO so far. It's the game that keeps on giving!

heytred

Neo Member
What's going on? New to the Counter Strike thread, but I play daily. If anyone is interested in playing feel free to add me on stream. I also stream somewhat regularly (just started earlier this week) @ www.twitch.tv/heytred

Steam ID: heytred

YwHaVJs.jpg

Finally putting some time aside for CS. Been playing way too much WOW lately, plus some BF4 and D3. Question, can you only level up the Operation Bravo coin by playing the maps on competitive, or will casual suffice?

That stat site is neat. Wish the in game stats were a little more in depth.
YdjPjc4.png

jordisok

Apparently I only have 1 rescue lol! Wow didn't realise the cbble update had happened already, need to keep up.

Not sure where to ask but could anyone in here invite me to the GAF steam group? <3

TheSeks

Negative KDR, Negative KDR everywhere.

Faster aimers than me + bloom = death.

I think I should just stick to bot matches like I've been doing.

heytred

Neo Member
Doesn't it require competitive wins? I think 5 for Bronze and then 15 for Gold.

It says competitive wins if you look at the Bravo Coin, but it will increment with wins in Casual Matchmaking.

I would love an invite Antonius and I can work on a logo - I have some time to kill right now.

It says competitive wins if you look at the Bravo Coin, but it will increment with wins in Casual Matchmaking.

I would love an invite Antonius and I can work on a logo - I have some time to kill right now.

Just made it public since it seems I can only add people on my friends list. Feel free to join.

BTW That terrible logo is a place holder lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom